could not find implicit value for parameter aggregating

Andy Czerwonka

May 7, 2018, 5:16:26 PM5/7/18
to scalatest-users
for this line of code

latest must contain theSameElementsAs Map("0" -> readings(2), "1" -> readings(4))

I get

Error:(74, 29) could not find implicit value for parameter aggregating: org.scalatest.enablers.Aggregating[Map[String,models.Reading]]
        latest must contain theSameElementsAs Map("0" -> readings(2), "1" -> readings(4))

Andy Czerwonka

May 7, 2018, 5:21:05 PM5/7/18
to scalatest-users
My compiler settings are:

scalacOptions in ThisBuild ++= Seq(
  "-language:_",
  "-Ypartial-unification",
  "-Xfatal-warnings"
)

Andy Czerwonka

May 7, 2018, 5:22:34 PM5/7/18
to scalatest-users
Also, I'm using the PlaySpec

abstract class PlaySpec extends WordSpec with MustMatchers with OptionValues with WsScalaTestClient

Andy Czerwonka

May 7, 2018, 5:32:54 PM5/7/18
to scalatest-users
I'm also getting:

Error:(74, 29) not enough arguments for method theSameElementsAs: (implicit aggregating: org.scalatest.enablers.Aggregating[Map[String,models.Reading]])org.scalatest.Assertion.
Unspecified value parameter aggregating.
        latest must contain theSameElementsAs List("0" -> readings(2), "1" -> readings(4))

I feel like I'm missing an import? Or....

Andy Czerwonka

May 8, 2018, 4:49:47 PM5/8/18
to scalatest-users
Looks like the culprit is

-Ypartial-unification

I have it turned on because I was using Cats. For more on why I have it on, https://gist.github.com/djspiewak/7a81a395c461fd3a09a6941d4cd040f2

LJK

Jul 30, 2018, 3:23:18 PM7/30/18
to scalatest-users
Hi Andy,
did you manage to fix the issue?
I started having org.scalatest.enablers.Aggregating after i turned on -Ypartial-unification.

Thanks,
Luc

Bill Venners

Jul 30, 2018, 3:26:07 PM7/30/18
to scalate...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

FYI, Chee Seng has made a change to address this issue. I need to
study it to make sure I understand what he did, and haven't done that
yet. It is in the branch we are using to get ScalaTest to compiler
under 2.13.0M-4, which I think has partial unification turned on all
the time.

Bill
> --
> ScalaTest itself, and documentation, is available here:
> http://www.artima.com/scalatest
> ---
> "scalatest-users" group.
> email to scalatest-use...@googlegroups.com.

Bill Venners
Artima, Inc.
http://www.artima.com

Andy Czerwonka

Jul 30, 2018, 3:26:11 PM7/30/18
to scalate...@googlegroups.com
Not sure what you mean by "I started having org.scalatest.enablers.Aggregating"

ScalaTest itself, and documentation, is available here:
http://www.artima.com/scalatest
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "scalatest-users" group.

LJK

Jul 30, 2018, 3:33:49 PM7/30/18
to scalatest-users
I mean my Scala Tests stopped compiling with an error "could not find implicit value for parameter aggregating: org.scalatest.enablers.Aggregating" after enabling partial unification.