Jinja variable 'dict object' has no attribute 'sulfur_app_name'

Milton Carrillo

Sep 27, 2022, 11:53:35 AM9/27/22
to Salt-users
Hi I am new to Salt. I am getting this error when running Salt. I can't find more information because Salt is running masterless. If I run the Salt state manually i get not errors but when I launch a new instance the error comes up and Salt does not apply my changes. I can provide the code if necessary.

Jinja variable 'dict object' has no attribute 'sulfur_app_name'
2022-09-27 14:29:01,345 [salt.pillar      :1224][CRITICAL][3661] Pillar render error: Rendering SLS 'celery-worker' failed. Please see master log for details

Vaarlion

Sep 28, 2022, 1:18:35 AM9/28/22
to Salt-users
please do provide the celery-worker.sls and the output of your pillars (`salt-call pillar.get`), this is a jinja template issue, you might want to use website like TTL255 J2Live - Live Jinja2 Parser to check if the output is what you wanted

Milton Carrillo

Sep 28, 2022, 9:30:44 AM9/28/22
to salt-...@googlegroups.com
This was a weird timing issue. I added a 5 minute delay after the launching the instance to run the salt state and now it works fine
Milton Carrillo  ||  Infrastructure Engineer  @  Kyruus, Inc
18 Tremont St. Suite 320, Boston, MA 02108
T: 617.419.2060 F: 855.7.KYRUUS www.kyruus.com

Any information contained in or attached to this e-mail is intended solely for the use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain certain information that is confidential, proprietary and/or legally privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, you may not review, copy or distribute this message. If you receive this in error, please notify the sender and destroy all copies of this message and attachments.