warning: circular argument referenc

explainer

Feb 5, 2015, 3:13:41 PM2/5/15
to rubyonra...@googlegroups.com
I just got the following message when I ran:

 rake db:drop

"/home/pi/.rvm/gems/ruby-2.2.0/gems/activesupport-4.0.3/lib/active_support/values/time_zone.rb:282: warning: circular argument reference - now"

That is new to me, I have just seen since a 'bundle update"

Any comments?

Colin Law

Feb 5, 2015, 3:23:19 PM2/5/15
to rubyonra...@googlegroups.com
Are you using compass? Googling for
timezone.rb warning: circular argument reference - now
found http://stackoverflow.com/questions/27717309/how-do-i-avoid-the-circular-argument-reference-warning-in-activesupport

Colin

Ken Burgett

Feb 5, 2015, 3:53:11 PM2/5/15
to rubyonra...@googlegroups.com
No compass in my app, just a vanilla rails app.  However, I am running it on a raspberrypi, but I also see this on my x86 linux box.

Regards,

Ken

Seek wisdom through disbelief

Colin Law

Feb 5, 2015, 4:01:46 PM2/5/15
to rubyonra...@googlegroups.com
On 5 February 2015 at 20:13, explainer <kebu...@gmail.com> wrote:
Check Gemfile.lock against the previous version and see which gems
updated. Presumably one of them is causing the problem if it did not
happen before the update.

Colin

Frederick Cheung

Feb 5, 2015, 4:35:59 PM2/5/15
to rubyonra...@googlegroups.com
These warnings are new in ruby 2.2. They are fixed in recent versions of rails 4.0.x (not sure exactly which versions

Fred

> Any comments?

Ken Burgett

Feb 5, 2015, 4:40:46 PM2/5/15
to rubyonra...@googlegroups.com
I am running ActiveSupport 4.0.3, and that is not fixed.

> Any comments?

Hassan Schroeder

Feb 5, 2015, 5:17:27 PM2/5/15
to rubyonrails-talk
On Thu, Feb 5, 2015 at 1:40 PM, Ken Burgett <kebu...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I am running ActiveSupport 4.0.3, and that is not fixed.

Maybe that's a hint that it's time to update :-)

--
Hassan Schroeder ------------------------ hassan.s...@gmail.com
http://about.me/hassanschroeder

Dhruv Sampat

Jul 29, 2015, 4:12:41 AM7/29/15
to Ruby on Rails: Talk, kebu...@gmail.com

Dave Aronson

Jul 29, 2015, 7:03:26 AM7/29/15
to rubyonrails-talk
On Wed, Jul 29, 2015 at 2:57 AM, Dhruv Sampat <djsa...@gmail.com> wrote:

> fix ruby 2.2 warning: circular argument reference

Great news! When can we expect the fix to the ad hominem attack
reference and the false dichotomy reference? ;-)

-Dave

--
Dave Aronson, consulting software developer of Codosaur.us,
PullRequestRoulette.com, Blog.Codosaur.us, and Dare2XL.com.