Submit a form remotely

bertly_the_coder

Nov 12, 2013, 6:48:50 AM11/12/13
to rubyonra...@googlegroups.com
Hi guys,

I am battling with the weirdest problem ever. I'm using rails 3.2.13 and trying to submit a form remotely and it keeps getting processed as HTML. I have the correct line in my application.js file namely:
#= require jquery
#= require jquery_ujs

I have the correct line in my form:
= simple_form_for :non_member_applcation, url: :non_member_applcation, remote: true, :html => {:id => "non-member-application", multipart: true} do |f|

I  have the correct route:
match '/non_member_applcation' => 'jobs#non_member_applcation', as: :non_member_applcation

but when I click submit it just won't work.

Also note that the form is in a modal, but I have done something similar to this before and it worked just fine. Any thoughts? Thanks

bertly_the_coder

Nov 12, 2013, 7:04:45 AM11/12/13
to rubyonra...@googlegroups.com
this is how the form looks when rendered:
<form accept-charset="UTF-8" action="/non_member_applcation" class="simple_form non_member_applcation" data-remote="true" enctype="multipart/form-data" id="non-member-application" method="post" novalidate="novalidate">.....</form>

Walter Lee Davis

Nov 12, 2013, 8:05:09 AM11/12/13

On Nov 12, 2013, at 7:04 AM, bertly_the_coder wrote:

> this is how the form looks when rendered:
> <form accept-charset="UTF-8" action="/non_member_applcation" class="simple_form non_member_applcation" data-remote="true" enctype="multipart/form-data" id="non-member-application" method="post" novalidate="novalidate">.....</form>

I'm pretty sure you still cannot do a remote form with a file input in it (the multipart/form-data business). I don't see a file input in the part that you posted here -- do you need this?

Walter

> On Tuesday, November 12, 2013 2:48:50 PM UTC+3, bertly_the_coder wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> I am battling with the weirdest problem ever. I'm using rails 3.2.13 and trying to submit a form remotely and it keeps getting processed as HTML. I have the correct line in my application.js file namely:
> #= require jquery
> #= require jquery_ujs
>
> I have the correct line in my form:
> = simple_form_for :non_member_applcation, url: :non_member_applcation, remote: true, :html => {:id => "non-member-application", multipart: true} do |f|
>
> I have the correct route:
> match '/non_member_applcation' => 'jobs#non_member_applcation', as: :non_member_applcation
>
> but when I click submit it just won't work.
>
> Also note that the form is in a modal, but I have done something similar to this before and it worked just fine. Any thoughts? Thanks

muchira k.

Nov 12, 2013, 8:56:22 AM11/12/13
to rubyonra...@googlegroups.com
Yes, The form submits an uploaded file.

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Ruby on Rails: Talk" group.

Clarity is self-created. The universe is waiting on you, not the other way around - Me.

“Life isn't about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself.” - G. Bernard Shaw

"Life is what happens while you are busy making plans" - John Lennon

NAMASTE!!!!! Yeah I said it!!

Walter Lee Davis

Nov 12, 2013, 9:33:35 AM11/12/13
On Nov 12, 2013, at 8:56 AM, muchira k. wrote:

> Yes, The form submits an uploaded file.

Then you're going to have to use another method to handle this; the keyhole iframe is a popular trick. Ajax form submissions don't handle file elements in a perfectly cross-platform manner, and some JavaScript toolkits actively exclude them as a means of leveling the playing field.

Walter