[Ruby Manor] BoF lunch proposal: Service Orientated Architectures

Joel Chippindale

Apr 4, 2013, 3:40:55 AM4/4/13
to ruby-...@googlegroups.com
Hey all,

It's a bit of a late call but is anyone in interested in a BoF lunch around building Service Orientated Architectures with Ruby?

If so, say by lunchtime tomorrow and I'll book a table somewhere nearby,

J.

Ben Lovell

Apr 4, 2013, 3:45:02 AM4/4/13
to ruby-...@googlegroups.com
Hey Joel,

I'd definitely be up for this. As will Jon G, I suspect...

Cheers,
Ben

http://rubymanor.org
Group home: http://groups.google.com/group/ruby-manor?hl=en

David Salgado

Apr 4, 2013, 4:24:52 AM4/4/13
to ruby-...@googlegroups.com
I'd be interested in this.

David

Nasir Jamal

Apr 4, 2013, 5:50:25 AM4/4/13
to ruby-...@googlegroups.com
Count me in too for this

Thanks

Nas

Apr 4, 2013, 11:14:45 AM4/4/13
to ruby-...@googlegroups.com, ga...@zenape.com
Hi Gabe,

Let me know if you are changing lunch, I've got someone else who can fill your slot.

Paul

Eugene Bolshakov

Apr 4, 2013, 11:35:17 AM4/4/13
to ruby-...@googlegroups.com
I'd be interested too

Gabe da Silveira

Apr 4, 2013, 11:55:09 AM4/4/13
to ruby-...@googlegroups.com
If Joel does indeed book it (there seems to be sufficient interest to be worth it) then yeah I'm gonna change.  Can I hedge for the next 17 hours? :)

-gabe

Paul Leader

Apr 4, 2013, 11:56:41 AM4/4/13
to ruby-...@googlegroups.com
Heh :)

I'm sure I can add another person to the table tomorrow if necessary, just let me know either way.

--
Paul Leader

Gavin Heavyside

Apr 4, 2013, 12:00:00 PM4/4/13
to ruby-...@googlegroups.com
I'm interested in this too.

Cheers,

Gavin

Joel Chippindale

Apr 4, 2013, 12:01:52 PM4/4/13
to ruby-...@googlegroups.com
Currently we have...

Ben Lovell
David Salgado
Jon Gilbraith
Gabe Da Silveira
Nasir Jamal
Matthew O'Riordan
Eugene Bolshakov
Gavin Heavyside

..which looks like plenty of interest to me. I'll get somewhere booked and confirm the details with you all,

J.

Hakan Şenol Ensari

Apr 4, 2013, 12:15:22 PM4/4/13
to ruby-...@googlegroups.com
Could we add Ezekiel Templin and Hakan Ensari to the list please

Joel Chippindale

Apr 4, 2013, 3:50:33 PM4/4/13
to ruby-...@googlegroups.com
Hakan,

Of course,

J.

Joel Chippindale

Apr 4, 2013, 3:53:29 PM4/4/13
to ruby-...@googlegroups.com
I've booked a table for 12 (which gives us space for a couple of more people) at the Albany (http://www.thealbanyw1w.co.uk/), see you there,

J.

James Adam

Apr 4, 2013, 3:55:06 PM4/4/13
to ruby-...@googlegroups.com
On 4 Apr 2013, at 20:53, Joel Chippindale <jo...@joelchippindale.com> wrote:

I've booked a table for 12 (which gives us space for a couple of more people) at the Albany (http://www.thealbanyw1w.co.uk/), see you there,

Excellent!

As I mentioned on another BoF thread, you may have a smoother lunch experience if you arrive ready to order (or even having pre-ordered), and have an understanding about how you'll be handling the bill.

Have a great lunch!

- James

Joel Chippindale

Apr 5, 2013, 6:31:51 AM4/5/13
to ruby-...@googlegroups.com
James,

Sounds like good advice - I'll organise a pre-order

J.

Joel Chippindale

Apr 5, 2013, 6:36:16 AM4/5/13
to ruby-...@googlegroups.com
As James suggested to make things a bit quicker tomorrow, it would be good if we could pre-order our food

Could you fill that in for me before 10am tomorrow, and I'll get your order to the Albany,

J.

Luke Morton

Apr 5, 2013, 7:20:52 AM4/5/13
to ruby-...@googlegroups.com
Looks like you've already filled your 12 spots but would I be able to join in on the lunch? Potentially a couple more friends would like to join too.

Luke

David Heath

Apr 5, 2013, 7:30:07 AM4/5/13
to ruby-...@googlegroups.com
I'd like to join you if there's space.

David

Joel Chippindale

Apr 5, 2013, 2:49:57 PM4/5/13
to ruby-...@googlegroups.com
David,

I've booked a few extra places so I it would be great to have you along, be sure to choose what you want for lunch so I can pre-order

J.

Joel Chippindale

Apr 5, 2013, 2:51:22 PM4/5/13
to ruby-...@googlegroups.com
Luke,

I've booked a slightly larger table so I am sure we can squeeze you on - please choose your lunch so I can preorder

If you're friends want to come too tell them to get in touch this evening,

J.

David Winter

Apr 5, 2013, 5:09:23 PM4/5/13
to ruby-...@googlegroups.com
Is it too late to join the party? If not, please could you add an extra seat.

cheers!

Joel Chippindale

Apr 6, 2013, 1:57:35 AM4/6/13
to ruby-...@googlegroups.com
David,

It'd be great to have you along.

J.

Joel Chippindale

Apr 6, 2013, 2:01:40 AM4/6/13
to ruby-...@googlegroups.com
Thanks to everyone who's said they're coming along.

Now there are 16 of us I think this BoF lunch is now officially 'full'.

See you all for lunch later,

J.

Hakan Ensari

Apr 6, 2013, 9:21:08 AM4/6/13
to Joel Chippindale, ruby-...@googlegroups.com
Joel,

We owe you two Chorizo burgers. We were sitting next table because the main table was full, and I missed you picking up the tab.

I'll see you in the breaks or pub afterwards. If not, can PayPal.

Sent from Mailbox for iPhone

Joel Chippindale

Apr 12, 2013, 11:50:26 AM4/12/13
to ruby-...@googlegroups.com
Thanks to everyone who came along to the Service Orientated Architectures BoF lunch on the day (planned or otherwise ;o)

I hope you all found it as interesting as I did and thanks for being so patient with the slightly shambolic food service.

My apologies again to Hakan and Ezekiel who got bumped to another table.

J.