RailsBridge Boston helpers needed!

Melissa Xie

Sep 9, 2013, 2:09:48 PM9/9/13
to ror-studygroup-...@googlegroups.com
Hey everyone!

The next RailsBridge Boston workshop is right around the corner! As I've mentioned at our meeting, it'd be great if we can get more people involved with organizing the workshops, especially women!

Right now, we could really use some extra hands for the upcoming one in October, so if you have some bandwidth to spare, please let either Janet or me know ASAP.

Thanks! And see you all in a few weeks!

-- Melissa

Jennifer Morton

Sep 11, 2013, 3:08:59 PM9/11/13
to ror-studygroup-...@googlegroups.com
Ugh. I definitely want to help out, but that's my only free weekend til November (seriously). Do you have any idea when the next workshop will be?

Jennifer

Melissa Xie

Sep 11, 2013, 8:37:25 PM9/11/13
to ror-studygroup-...@googlegroups.com
No worries! The next one will be in January.

-- Melissa

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Ruby on Rails Study Group for Women Boston" group.

Josée Poirier

Sep 12, 2013, 3:23:18 PM9/12/13
to ror-studygroup-...@googlegroups.com
Hi -

I've already mentioned to Janet that I'd lend a hand. You're now in the loop!

Best,
Josée

Melissa Xie

Sep 12, 2013, 7:22:12 PM9/12/13
to ror-studygroup-...@googlegroups.com

Awesome! Could you take a look at this list of roles and descriptions and see what you might be interested in helping out with?

-- Melissa

Josée Poirier

Sep 12, 2013, 8:55:38 PM9/12/13
to ror-studygroup-...@googlegroups.com
Did you mean to attach a file, Melissa? :)

Melissa Xie

Sep 12, 2013, 9:06:58 PM9/12/13
to ror-studygroup-...@googlegroups.com

Thanks for catching that!

-- Melissa

Liana Leahy

Sep 12, 2013, 9:36:25 PM9/12/13
to ror-studygroup-...@googlegroups.com
I wish I could make it, but my whole October is pretty swamped.  Can I help coordinate childcare from afar, since I'm like babysitter diva?  ;-)

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Ruby on Rails Study Group for Women Boston" group.

Melissa Xie

Sep 12, 2013, 9:43:52 PM9/12/13
to ror-studygroup-...@googlegroups.com
Sure! Feel free to slap your name on there to claim it. ;)

-- Melissa

Josée Poirier

Sep 12, 2013, 9:53:22 PM9/12/13
to ror-studygroup-...@googlegroups.com
I'm happy to review the curriculum on Mac. I can review the whole workshop, but only on 1 platform.

I'd take care of admissions but I will be busy that Friday and won't be able to attend the InstallFest. If someone can take over admission-related tasks on Friday, I can take care of managing admission up until then.

Galia Traub

Sep 12, 2013, 9:57:47 PM9/12/13
to ror-studygroup-...@googlegroups.com
I'd also be happy to test on the mac.

~Galia

Galia Traub

Sep 12, 2013, 10:01:29 PM9/12/13
to ror-studygroup-...@googlegroups.com
I can be there on Friday and most of Saturday. My Github name is galiat. Is there anything else I need to do to sign up? Is there a mailinglist specifically for those working at RailsBridge?

~Galia

~Galia

Melissa Xie

Sep 13, 2013, 12:44:38 PM9/13/13
to ror-studygroup-...@googlegroups.com

Josée - that would be great if you could do the testing and also the admissions stuff! I can have my sister Maggie, who also attended the last workshop, to help out with the Friday night admissions-related tasks.

Galia - any help would be appreciated! I'm actually not sure if we could just add people as collaborators to the repo like that (not sure of rules, that is), but what task were you thinking of?

I don't think there's a mailing list for all helpers, but I'll check on that! If there isn't one, I'll make one!

-- Melissa

Josée Poirier

Sep 13, 2013, 2:41:36 PM9/13/13
to ror-studygroup-...@googlegroups.com
I added my name for Admissions & Name tags, assuming that Maggie will be able to help out starting Friday.
Can you email me any additional information I should have about Admissions? I've printed name tags before so I don't foresee any difficulty there.

Thanks!
Josée

~Galia

~Galia

Janet Riley

Sep 13, 2013, 4:21:45 PM9/13/13
to ror-studygroup-...@googlegroups.com

Hi Josée -

I'll email you and Maggie a link to the how-to.  Thanks for stepping up.

Janet

Josée Poirier

Sep 14, 2013, 2:41:41 PM9/14/13
to ror-studygroup-...@googlegroups.com