Using SVN Protocol

Pete Singleton

Nov 21, 2016, 12:17:56 PM11/21/16
to reviewboard
Is it possible to use the SVN:// protocol with RB?  I am receiving an error when entering the repository URL ("A repository was not found at the specified path")

I have a local installation of ReviewBoard, from that VM I am able to run "svn list svn://xxx.xxx.xxx" but it won't let me add the same repository from the Admin page.

Thanks,
Pete

David Trowbridge

Nov 21, 2016, 12:19:02 PM11/21/16
to reviewboard
Pete,

That definitely should be working. Did you set up your installation using PySVN or subvertpy? We've had issues with the latter.

-David

--
Supercharge your Review Board with Power Pack: https://www.reviewboard.org/powerpack/
Want us to host Review Board for you? Check out RBCommons: https://rbcommons.com/

Pete Singleton

Nov 22, 2016, 4:19:58 AM11/22/16
to reviewboard
It was PySVN (specified on the installation instructions).

Pete Singleton

Nov 22, 2016, 4:21:05 AM11/22/16
to reviewboard
I've now enabled logging, and it appears to show a permission problem:

SVN: Failed to get repository information for svn://svn.dev.pbsnetworks.com: Can't connect to host 'svn.dev.pbsnetworks.com': Permission denied

But the user/password I've specified (my own) are the same ones that work from the command line and are valid SVN users.

Pete

Christian Hammond

Nov 22, 2016, 4:35:41 AM11/22/16
to revie...@googlegroups.com
Hi Pete,

Are there any other types of access controls on that server? Does it restrict based on IP, or is it using some other form of authentication method (Kerberos, for instance)?

Christian

--
Christian Hammond
President/CEO of Beanbag

--
Supercharge your Review Board with Power Pack: https://www.reviewboard.org/powerpack/
Want us to host Review Board for you? Check out RBCommons: https://rbcommons.com/
---

Pete Singleton

Nov 22, 2016, 4:38:30 AM11/22/16
to revie...@googlegroups.com
Hi, I don't believe so no.  (I'd need to check with our sysadmin guys but I'm pretty sure there's nothing else).
I've been reading a few other posts on here, and we have SELinux enabled on the ReviewBoard VM, could this be a problem?

Pete

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "reviewboard" group.

Christian Hammond

Nov 22, 2016, 4:44:19 AM11/22/16
to revie...@googlegroups.com
Hi Pete,

It's very likely SELinux. You can verify by temporarily turning it off and trying to connect. If that works, then that's your culprit.

How did you install Review Board? If via the RPMs, I believe SELinux support should be configured correctly. If by the Python packages, you'd have to tweak the configuration manually.

(I really want to get a guide for this..)

Can you run the following as root and paste the results:  audit2allow < /var/log/audit/audit.log

Christian

--
Christian Hammond
President/CEO of Beanbag

Pete Singleton

Nov 22, 2016, 5:06:28 AM11/22/16
to reviewboard, chri...@beanbaginc.com
Ok, that was the problem - we have set SELinux to 'permissive' and I can now add the repository.  Thanks!

Pete
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to reviewboard...@googlegroups.com.

Supercharge your Review Board with Power Pack: https://www.reviewboard.org/powerpack/
Want us to host Review Board for you? Check out RBCommons: https://rbcommons.com/
---

Supercharge your Review Board with Power Pack: https://www.reviewboard.org/powerpack/
Want us to host Review Board for you? Check out RBCommons: https://rbcommons.com/
---

Stephen Gallagher

Nov 22, 2016, 6:43:53 AM11/22/16
to reviewboard, chri...@beanbaginc.com
Please do as Christian suggested and run the audit2allow command (please do 'audit2why < /var/log/audit/audit.log' as well) and paste the results here. I'll interpret it and see whether:
1) It can be fixed by setting an SELinux Boolean or
2) It should be fixed by extending the SELinux policy shipped in the distribution.

Pete Singleton

Nov 22, 2016, 7:05:55 AM11/22/16
to revie...@googlegroups.com, chri...@beanbaginc.com
Both commands audit2why and audit2allow fail on my server... doesn't appear to be installed.  (CentOS 6.8)

Supercharge your Review Board with Power Pack: https://www.reviewboard.org/powerpack/
Want us to host Review Board for you? Check out RBCommons: https://rbcommons.com/
---

Stephen Gallagher

Nov 22, 2016, 8:19:48 AM11/22/16
to revie...@googlegroups.com, chri...@beanbaginc.com
You need to install the policycoreutils-python package for those tools. I thought they were part of the standard install, but maybe not.