css issue with text fields (review/test) in google chrome (fine in firefox)

Adrien Rochereau

May 28, 2014, 10:04:07 AM5/28/14
to revie...@googlegroups.com
somehow the text fields are overlapping the information fields on the right side of the window, like shown in the attachent
this is using the latest version of chrome, RB 2.0.1 on ubuntu 12.0.4 with all the latest updates
as I said it looks perfectly fine on firefox.

other than that I did not see any CSS issues elsewhere or any rendering that would be different between both navigators

This email is intended solely for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient and have received this email in error, please notify BroadSoft, Inc. immediately by replying to this message, and destroy all copies of this message, along with any attachment, prior to reading, distributing or copying it.

Christian Hammond

May 28, 2014, 3:27:05 PM5/28/14
to revie...@googlegroups.com
Hi Adrien,

Very, very strange. I run Chrome primarily and haven't hit this at all, and we've had this new text area format for some time now.

Just as a sanity check, can you try clearing cache?

Also, are there any customizations (extensions, custom CSS, patches of any sort) to your build?

Can you also verify what build of Chrome you're running?

Christian

--
Christian Hammond - chi...@chipx86.com

---
---
---

Adrien Rochereau

May 29, 2014, 3:38:13 PM5/29/14
to revie...@googlegroups.com, chi...@chipx86.com
Hi Christian,

this seems to happen with some reviews and not with the new one,
running most current chrome with no extensions, I also tried clearing the cache
I suspect something regarding the length of the longest string?
it also happens in a private browsing window

Christian Hammond

May 29, 2014, 6:23:32 PM5/29/14
to revie...@googlegroups.com
If you have a very long unwrappable string, just like the other e-mail I replied to, you may hit this problem.

I can see about ways to limit this, but we may be limited in what we can do here.

Christian

--
Christian Hammond - chi...@chipx86.com

Adrien Rochereau

May 29, 2014, 10:59:58 PM5/29/14
to revie...@googlegroups.com
I will check for both and report on the longest strings,
but it sounds like a good start indeed, I should be able to reduce it,

thanks!

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "reviewboard" group.