New comment moderation in effect

Christian Hammond

Jun 12, 2009, 6:28:23 AM6/12/09
to revie...@googlegroups.com
Hi everyone.

As I'm sure you all have seen, we've been getting some spam lately. There was a discussion in an earlier thread about enabling comment moderation, and after thinking it over, I've decided to go ahead and enable this for new users. Existing users who have been approved shouldn't have any trouble posting, but new users may see delays before their first e-mail is sent.

I'm going to try recruiting a couple regulars from this mailing list to act as moderators. If you're up for the task, please let me know. Bonus points for people in non-PST timezones.

Christian

--
Christian Hammond - chi...@chipx86.com
VMware, Inc. - http://www.vmware.com

Raghu

Jun 14, 2009, 10:26:50 PM6/14/09
to reviewboard
Christian,

I would be more than happy to help with that. I am in IST timezone.

Thanks,
Raghu

On Jun 12, 3:28 pm, Christian Hammond <chip...@chipx86.com> wrote:
> Hi everyone.
>
> As I'm sure you all have seen, we've been getting some spam lately. There
> was a discussion in an earlier thread about enabling comment moderation, and
> after thinking it over, I've decided to go ahead and enable this for new
> users. Existing users who have been approved shouldn't have any trouble
> posting, but new users may see delays before their first e-mail is sent.
>
> I'm going to try recruiting a couple regulars from this mailing list to act
> as moderators. If you're up for the task, please let me know. Bonus points
> for people in non-PST timezones.
>
> Christian
>
> --
> VMware, Inc. -http://www.vmware.com

David Resnick

Jun 18, 2009, 3:42:26 AM6/18/09
to revie...@googlegroups.com
Hi Christian,

I'd be happy to moderate as well. I'm at GMT+2, generally available for moderation Sunday through Thursday.

-David

Christian Hammond

Jun 19, 2009, 1:02:45 AM6/19/09
to revie...@googlegroups.com
Thanks David. We're actually good on moderators now. Had lots of people offer :) We're going to see how this goes over the next few weeks, and if we decide we need more coverage, I'll set you up.

Christian

--
Christian Hammond - chi...@chipx86.com
VMware, Inc. - http://www.vmware.com

Message has been deleted

Christian Hammond

Dec 18, 2012, 3:23:43 PM12/18/12
to revie...@googlegroups.com
It requires that one of us is awake and available to moderate it. Just give it time. We'll need to be awake/available to respond anyway.

Christian

--
Christian Hammond - chi...@chipx86.com

VMware, Inc. - http://www.vmware.com

On Tue, Dec 18, 2012 at 10:18 AM, Liam Reimers <liam.r...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi... how long does it typically take to get moderated? I'm pretty stuck.

--
Want to help the Review Board project? Donate today at http://www.reviewboard.org/donate/

Liam Reimers

Dec 18, 2012, 5:03:28 PM12/18/12
to revie...@googlegroups.com, chi...@chipx86.com
Yeah, sorry about the noise; my post had actually already been moderated, but it was pre-coffee and I didn't see it until after I posted this. I deleted my post right away but I suppose you can still see it :)

Anyway, sorry about that and thanks :)
Message has been deleted

David Trowbridge

Feb 19, 2013, 2:27:20 PM2/19/13
to reviewboard, Christian Hammond
Spencer,

I think I fat-fingered the moderation earlier. I've whitelisted you, so if you send it again it should go straight through.

Sorry for the inconvenience,
-David

On Tue, Feb 19, 2013 at 3:29 AM, <sma...@origamisoftware.com> wrote:
Hi,

Sorry to bother you directly like this, but  I am having a terrible time trying to post my question to this list, and I was hoping you could help.

I have submitted my post twice but it has yet show. I am not sure what I am doing wrong.

Thanks in advance,

Spencer
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "reviewboard" group.

Josephine O'Para

Mar 5, 2015, 6:08:11 PM3/5/15
to revie...@googlegroups.com
Christian,

Has there been any recent change with reviewboard? My web page is suddenly broken like there is missing CSS .  Seems like python is not compatible ??.  I don't see any ob vious errors in the logs.

How do I go about fixing this?

Thanks in anticipation

Josephine

On Friday, June 12, 2009 at 6:28:23 AM UTC-4, Christian Hammond wrote:
Hi everyone.

As I'm sure you all have seen, we've been getting some spam lately. There was a discussion in an earlier thread about enabling comment moderation, and after thinking it over, I've decided to go ahead and enable this for new users. Existing users who have been approved shouldn't have any trouble posting, but new users may see delays before their first e-mail is sent.

I'oard.  My webpagegoing to try recruiting a couple regulars from this mailing list to act as moderators. If you're up for the task, please let me know. Bonus points for people in non-PST timezones.

Christian Hammond

Mar 5, 2015, 6:10:26 PM3/5/15
to revie...@googlegroups.com, Josephine O'Para
Hi Josephine,

This is best as a new topic and not a reply to this thread. Can you create a new thread and describe what changes have been made to the server recently, what version of Review Board you're running, what OS, along with any other information you can think of? Not having access to your server or any control over it, I wouldn't be able to say otherwise.

Thanks,

Christian

--
Christian Hammond - chri...@beanbaginc.com
> --
> Supercharge your Review Board with Power Pack: https://www.reviewboard.org/powerpack/
> Want us to host Review Board for you? Check out RBCommons: https://rbcommons.com/
> ---

Josephine O'Para

Mar 6, 2015, 11:44:14 AM3/6/15
to revie...@googlegroups.com, jo.a...@gmail.com, chri...@beanbaginc.com
Can't even figure out how to add a new comment. will try again
Jospehine

GC

Apr 22, 2015, 11:11:56 AM4/22/15
to revie...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Today i tried posting a query for the first time. This was done around three hours back but i'm yet to see it on the board. Subject line was "Command Line tool for Review Board administration". Can anyone please let me know as to how long it generally takes for a post to get approved?

Regards,
Gaurav

David Trowbridge

Apr 22, 2015, 11:12:52 AM4/22/15
to revie...@googlegroups.com
How long depends on whether the moderators are asleep.

-David

Gaurav Chhabra

Apr 22, 2015, 11:14:19 AM4/22/15
to revie...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for your reply. :)

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "reviewboard" group.