Error 500 on new 2.0.2 install

jac...@gmail.com

Jun 28, 2014, 1:09:06 PM6/28/14
to revie...@googlegroups.com
I installed a brand new 2.0.2 instance on CentOS 6 with a PostgreSQL backend.

The whole install went fine. created the DB and my reviews site.

However, when I go to my server's /reviews/ URL I always get the 500 error message:

Something broke! (Error 500)

It appears something broke when you tried to go to here. This is either a bug in Review Board or a server configuration error. Please report this to your administrator

if I do a tail on the apache log (tail -f /var/log/httpd/error_log) I see nothing unusual:

[Sat Jun 28 11:59:04 2014] [notice] suEXEC mechanism enabled (wrapper: /usr/sbin/suexec)
[Sat Jun 28 11:59:04 2014] [notice] Apache/2.2.15 (Unix) DAV/2 mod_wsgi/3.2 Python/2.6.6 configured -- resuming normal operations

No errors present.

if I go to my site's /logs folder, it is empty, nothing.

Any suggestions would be welcome.

Thanks
Jacek

Jacek Furmankiewicz

Jun 28, 2014, 2:40:03 PM6/28/14
to revie...@googlegroups.com
I switched debug mode on and it gave me this:

OperationalError at /reviews/

could not connect to server: Permission denied
	Is the server running on host "127.0.0.1" and accepting
	TCP/IP connections on port 5432?
Request Method: GET
Request URL: http://dev-ci2/reviews/
Django Version: 1.4.13
Exception Type: OperationalError
Exception Value:
could not connect to server: Permission denied
	Is the server running on host "127.0.0.1" and accepting
	TCP/IP connections on port 5432?

But, if I try from command line, I can connect with that user and port, no issues:

psql -U reviewboard -h 127.0.0.1 -p 5432

Connects to PostgreSQL without any problems.

---
---
---

Jacek Furmankiewicz

Jun 28, 2014, 2:53:48 PM6/28/14
to revie...@googlegroups.com
OK, I figured that out, it was SELinux settings:

setsetbool -P httpd_can_network_connect on
setsetbool -P httpd_can_network_sendmail on

Now I can see the site. It is 1.7.26 (not 2.0.2) since that is the default version shipped with ReviewBoard.

However, the site has no graphics, no icons, nothing. It looks just like plain text without any CSS. HTML circa 1985.

Any ideas?

David Trowbridge

Jun 28, 2014, 7:04:20 PM6/28/14
to reviewboard
Did you end up turning on DEBUG in settings_local.py?

-David

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "reviewboard" group.

Jacek Furmankiewicz

Jun 30, 2014, 5:30:16 PM6/30/14
to revie...@googlegroups.com
All is OK. I think there was something wrong with the copy of ReviewBoard that is included in the CentOS repos (1.7.6).

I did a clean reinstall from easy_install for the 2.0.2 and everything went fine.

Thanks for your help.

Stephen Gallagher

Jul 1, 2014, 12:47:40 PM7/1/14
to revie...@googlegroups.com
On 06/30/2014 05:30 PM, Jacek Furmankiewicz wrote:
> All is OK. I think there was something wrong with the copy of
> ReviewBoard that is included in the CentOS repos (1.7.6).
>
> I did a clean reinstall from easy_install for the 2.0.2 and everything
> went fine.

CentOS 6 has access to 1.7.26... If you only had 1.7.6, something was
wrong there.

Stephen Gallagher

Jul 1, 2014, 12:49:03 PM7/1/14
to revie...@googlegroups.com
Reading back, I see you were trying with 1.7.26. I'm surprised... I've
tested that with RHEL 6 on many occasions. I'd like to figure out what's
broken there, but if you're happy on 2.0.2, don't worry about it.

Jacek Furmankiewicz

Jul 1, 2014, 1:43:38 PM7/1/14
to revie...@googlegroups.com
Yes, I am OK now.

Now, it was the first time I was trying to reinstall RB in 1.5 years, so I may have messed something up.

But a fresh install with 2.0.2 worked like a charm, all is good.

Thank you for all your help.