Issues integrating ReviewBoard with GitHub Enterprise

Jaikannan Ramamoorthy

Jun 6, 2015, 6:08:03 PM6/6/15
to revie...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I am trying to install ReviewBoard for our organization and am having a few issues. I am trying to install on a MacOS.

1. I upgraded to using the Powerpack and after give our repository url and account info, I am getting the following error,

  • Unknown error when linking the account: No JSON object could be decoded
How do I debug this?

2. I installed MySQL but it is not showing up in the list when I install the website with rb-install? I see it when use the following command but not otherwise.
sudo DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/mysql/lib/ /usr/local/bin/rb-site install

The issue here is the website doesn't start up because it cannot find the mysql libs. I am currently using sqlite for testing but before make it prod I want to use MySql.

Thanks,
JK

Christian Hammond

Jun 6, 2015, 6:39:22 PM6/6/15
to revie...@googlegroups.com
Hi JK,

We'll help get you up and running. First, though, I'll need a better sense of your setup:

1. Can you show me the repository configuration? (Feel free to blur out/replace sensitive information, but I need, for instance, the path structures.)

2. What method did you use to install MySQL?

Christian

--
Christian Hammond - chi...@chipx86.com

Supercharge your Review Board with Power Pack: https://www.reviewboard.org/powerpack/
Want us to host Review Board for you? Check out RBCommons: https://rbcommons.com/
---

Jaikannan Ramamoorthy

Jun 8, 2015, 2:31:34 PM6/8/15
to revie...@googlegroups.com, chi...@chipx86.com
Hey Chris,

Thanks for helping.

1. Do you need a screen shot of the "Add repository" page?

2. I installed MySQL by downloading the DMG from the website.

--JK

Jaikannan Ramamoorthy

Jun 8, 2015, 2:38:03 PM6/8/15
to revie...@googlegroups.com, chi...@chipx86.com
Here is a screen shot of me trying to add a repo

Christian Hammond

Jun 8, 2015, 4:15:28 PM6/8/15
to revie...@googlegroups.com, Jaikannan Ramamoorthy
Hi,

I think I'll need to see more of the Service URL field you entered. Also, are you literally using "<repo_name>", or is that just a placeholder for the screenshot? It should be identical to the repository name found in the URL on GitHub Enterprise.

Christian

--
Christian Hammond - chri...@beanbaginc.com

> Here is a screen shot of me trying to add a repo
>
> <https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-7nPD8U-Rv8A/VXXhAxYi-YI/AAAAAAAAAtY/-oNX7Y0f-2Y/s1600/Screen%2BShot%2B2015-06-08%2Bat%2B11.37.10%2BAM.png>

Jaikannan Ramamoorthy

Jun 8, 2015, 4:36:34 PM6/8/15
to revie...@googlegroups.com, chri...@beanbaginc.com
Hey Chris,

Here is the url.

https://github.geo.<company-name>.com/<user-name>/<repo>.git

Anything between <> gets replaced.

--JK

Christian Hammond

Jun 8, 2015, 4:43:52 PM6/8/15
to revie...@googlegroups.com, Jaikannan Ramamoorthy
Ah there's the problem.

That URL should be to the root of the GitHub Enterprise server. So in your case, set Service URL to https://github.geo.<company-name>.com/.
>> Christian Hammond - chri...@beanbaginc.com <javascript:>

Jaikannan Ramamoorthy

Jun 8, 2015, 5:09:00 PM6/8/15
to revie...@googlegroups.com, chri...@beanbaginc.com
Woohoo thanks a bunch that worked!

Now how do I setup MySQL on mac so that rb-install can see it?

Christian Hammond

Jun 8, 2015, 5:58:15 PM6/8/15
to revie...@googlegroups.com
Glad that works :)

For MySQL, I just downloaded the same DMG you did, and I have the following in my environment:

    DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/mysql/lib/

I then did `easy_install MySQL_Python`. That was all it took.

Christian

--
Christian Hammond - chri...@beanbaginc.com

Jaikannan Ramamoorthy

Jun 8, 2015, 6:01:39 PM6/8/15
to revie...@googlegroups.com
I am running easy_install as sudo.. what magic do I need to set it for sudo?

--JK

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "reviewboard" group.

Christian Hammond

Jun 8, 2015, 6:03:40 PM6/8/15
to revie...@googlegroups.com, Jaikannan Ramamoorthy
You can do:

    $ sudo -s
    $ export DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/mysql/lib/
    $ easy_install MySQL_Python