epel 5.4 missing reviewboard package

Adrien Rochereau

Nov 4, 2013, 1:28:30 PM11/4/13
to revie...@googlegroups.com
Hi, I did an install two weeks ago on a centos 5.4 without any issues,
This week, trying to do the same thing on RHEL 5.4 and yum kept returining not found, if you go to the package browser on fedora's website, you cannot find RB anymore under 5/i386.
Is this because of an update or are you pulling the support of EPEL5?

Thanks

Stephen Gallagher

Nov 4, 2013, 6:35:43 PM11/4/13
to revie...@googlegroups.com
Yes, I sent out an announcement quite a while ago. RHEL/CentOS 4 is too
old and cannot support ReviewBoard any longer without significant effort
in porting all of its dependencies to the python26 toolchain in EPEL.
Given that RHEL 5 is very old and in maintenance mode, I reasoned that
people would generally accept running a RHEL 6 VM to power ReviewBoard
if they wanted to.

Dan Porter

Nov 11, 2013, 7:21:35 AM11/11/13
to revie...@googlegroups.com
For those wanting to run RBTools under EL5 (which is unfortunately our main production environment still), attached is an unofficial package we use at our company.  It's built from standard sources and contains a minor patch.  No post 0.5.2 updates/patches have been applied.

Link to Gist if you wish to build this yourself: https://gist.github.com/Stealthii/7412376

On reviewboard itself I can confirm there are issues running this on RHEL5.  Strongly recommend 6.2+.
RBTools-0.5.2-1.el5.noarch.rpm

Stephen Gallagher

Nov 12, 2013, 8:35:55 AM11/12/13
to revie...@googlegroups.com
Oops! Thanks for pointing this out to me. I thought I had released an
RBTools 0.5.2 package for EPEL 5, but it looks like I must have
forgotten to. It's now built and on the way to the EPEL 5
updates-testing repository.

I retired the Review Board server from EPEL 5, but it makes sense to
maintain the client.

I've created the package now:
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/RBTools-0.5.2-1.el5

It should get into the epel-testing repo within 48 hours. You can also
download the RPM directly from the link above.

Dan: I don't understand the point of the patch in your gist. It looks
like a variant of an old one I had created, but it's no longer
necessary. I got a better version upstreamed so that it will try to use
the system copy before it resorts to ez_setup. Your patch doesn't really
hurt anything, but it's unnecessary.

Adrien Rochereau

Nov 12, 2013, 3:19:12 PM11/12/13
to revie...@googlegroups.com
Thanks guys,

well we moved to a recent ubuntu instead and installed it..
not our standard work environment though, but it was less trouble like that.

Dan Porter

Nov 12, 2013, 8:01:09 PM11/12/13
to revie...@googlegroups.com
@Stephen: My own version did not have this patch.  Newer RBTools (as you mentioned) tries the system copy first.  However the company wouldn't use it unless it had that patch included.  Something like.. "don't fix it if it's not broken" ;)

---
---
---