Error while adding perforce 2012.2 repository to reviewboard 1.7.4

chuck j

Feb 12, 2013, 3:52:20 AM2/12/13
to revie...@googlegroups.com
Dear All,

Now that we have made the RB server works with 1.7.4 + RBTools to work.

We need to add perforce repository to reviewboard, when i add normal repository its gets added but when i add perforce repository will prefixing ssl: i am getting error message

"A repository was not found at the specified path."

Following steps has been done from my end.

Build P4Python with "--ssl" option providing the path of ssl libaray

Updated the p4 client to 2012.2

Anybody encountered such issues, am i missing something.

Regards,
Chuck

Christian Hammond

Feb 12, 2013, 3:57:33 AM2/12/13
to revie...@googlegroups.com
Hi Chuck,

I just wanted to give you a quick response. The person who would know the best on the project would be David, but he's out for the night (1AM here), so there will be a delay before he can respond.

One thing to verify is that, on the command line (with that version of p4), you can do:

P4PORT=ssl:blah p4 info

Also, what sort of authentication mechanism are you using for Perforce?

Christian

--
Christian Hammond - chi...@chipx86.com
VMware, Inc. - http://www.vmware.com

--
Want to help the Review Board project? Donate today at http://www.reviewboard.org/donate/

chuck j

Feb 12, 2013, 4:21:15 AM2/12/13
to revie...@googlegroups.com, chi...@chipx86.com
Hi ,

This is what i get for p4 info

[root@svrrb1 works]# export P4USER=chuckj
[root@svrrb1 works]# export P4PORT=ssl:<some ip>:1666
[root@svrrb1 works]# p4 login
Enter password:
User chuckj logged in.

[root@svrrb1 works]# p4 info
User name: chuckj
Client name: svrrb1
Client host: svrrb1.na.software.com
Client unknown.
Current directory: /works
Peer address: 182.16.43.144:42238
Client address: <my ip address>
Server address: <some ip>:1666
Server root: /PFMETA/p4root
Server date: 2013/02/12 01:09:47 -0800 PST
Server uptime: 286:15:29
Server version: P4D/LINUX26X86_64/2012.2/577770 (2013/01/18)
Server encryption: encrypted
Server cert expires: Jan 31 10:22:47 2015 GMT
Server license: Software Corporation users (expires 2013/02/21)
Server license-ip: <some ip>:1666
Case Handling: sensitive

The authentication of user is done using LDAP.

Regards
Chuck.

chuck j

Feb 12, 2013, 6:19:40 AM2/12/13
to revie...@googlegroups.com, chi...@chipx86.com
Since i couldn't find openssl 1.0.1 rpm, I have to manually compile and build then install it to the default path, then later i have build p4python.

root@svrrb1 p4python-2012.2.549493# python setup.py build --apidir /works/p4api-2012.2.585708/ --ssl /usr/local/
root@svrrb1 p4python-2012.2.549493# python setup.py install --apidir /works/p4api-2012.2.585708/

Assuming everything above working fine i test by providing below command line.

>>> import P4
>>> p4 = P4.P4()
>>> p4.connect()
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/P4.py", line 642, in connect
    P4API.P4Adapter.connect( self )
P4.P4Exception: [P4.connect()] Connect to server failed; check $P4PORT.
SSL library must be at least version 1.0.1.

Does my P4Python is build with OpenSSL.1.0.1 libarary, What is missing in my setup?

I know this is not the right forum for above queries but this may provide some hint why adding repository to reviewboard is giving error.

Please let me know if you need any more info, log for the same.

- Chuck

chuck j

Feb 12, 2013, 8:54:27 PM2/12/13
to revie...@googlegroups.com, chi...@chipx86.com

Does my p4 info output gave expected output.

chuck j

Feb 13, 2013, 3:00:08 PM2/13/13
to revie...@googlegroups.com
Dear  All,

Its seems i have got some success while configuring ssl.

Now that our perforce server is running on ssl

I am try to add the repository, while doing so i am getting below error message.

  • The specified Perforce port includes ssl:, but the p4python library was built without SSL support or the system library path is incorrect.

As we have not able to find rpm for RHEL 2.6 OpenSSL 1.0.1, we have to build openssl 1.0.1, which eventually got installed at /usr/local/ssl/bin/ /usr/local/ssl/ then we have build p4python with --ssl option.

But its seems that still reviewboard reports about the above error message. Please help us know where to add the path of new build openssl library for which reviewboard server is looking for, if some pointer will be highly appreciated.

-Chuck

David Trowbridge

Feb 18, 2013, 7:55:02 PM2/18/13
to reviewboard
Can you show me a log of exactly which commands you used to build and install p4python?

-David

chuck j

Feb 20, 2013, 5:27:34 AM2/20/13
to revie...@googlegroups.com
Thanks David for responding my email.

Here are the steps which i followed.

My Linux box has el5 has following openssl package.

openssl097a-0.9.7a-9.el5_2.1
openssl-devel-0.9.8e-12.el5
openssl097a-0.9.7a-9.el5_2.1
openssl-0.9.8e-12.el5
openssl-0.9.8e-12.el5
openssl-devel-0.9.8e-12.el5

To compile p4python, i need to have openssl 1.0.1

So i downloaded openssl 1.0.1c,
./config
make
make test
make install

Openssl gets installed at /usr/local/ssl location.

I downloaded p4python and p4api from perforce.org site.

python setup.py build --apidir /home/me/p4api --ssl /usr/local/ssl/lib
python setup.py install

Then i assume that p4python gets installed.

I tested with the steps in python prompt

import P4
p4 = P4.P4()
p4.connect()
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site
-packages/P4.py", line 642, in connect
    P4API.P4Adapter.connect( self )
P4.P4Exception: [P4.connect()] Connect to server failed; check $P4PORT.
SSL library must be at least version 1.0.1.

Please let me know if you need any thing else.

Regards,
Chuck

David Trowbridge

Feb 25, 2013, 2:21:10 PM2/25/13
to reviewboard
Can you get full logs of the output of all of those steps and attach them/pastebin them somewhere?

-David

chuck j

Feb 26, 2013, 4:53:46 AM2/26/13
to revie...@googlegroups.com
Thanks David,

please find the attached log file for the below steps. do let me know if any thing is missing from my end,

-Chuck
output.log

David Trowbridge

Mar 13, 2013, 8:12:17 PM3/13/13
to reviewboard
Chuck,

This seems to be missing most of the p4python build. In particular I'd like to see the output (and any output files) from the configure step.

-David

chuck j

Mar 29, 2013, 5:19:55 AM3/29/13
to revie...@googlegroups.com
Hi David,

I didnt get what you need, are you saying that my p4python is not build properly. if yes then can you please provide me steps which i can ran get it done. But i have used the RELNOTES.txt present in p4python.tar to build.

Any pre-requiste i need to do to make p4python build with ssl support enable.

-Chuck

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "reviewboard" group.