unable to easy_install rbnotefield from Beanbag, Inc.

Jamie Gruener

Jul 17, 2014, 5:21:59 PM7/17/14
to revie...@googlegroups.com
If I try to install rbnotefield I get an error about a hostname mismatch:

[root@reviews ~]# easy_install -U rbnotefield
Searching for rbnotefield
Reading https://pypi.python.org/simple/rbnotefield/
Reading http://www.reviewboard.org/
Download error on http://www.reviewboard.org/: hostname 'www.reviewboard.org' doesn't match either of 'beanbaginc.com', 'www.beanbaginc.com' -- Some packages may not be found!
No local packages or download links found for rbnotefield
error: Could not find suitable distribution for Requirement.parse('rbnotefield')

If I try to install rbseverity, that works, but I get the same error and the package downloads from another location:

[root@reviews ~]# easy_install -U rbseverity
Searching for rbseverity
Reading https://pypi.python.org/simple/rbseverity/
Reading http://downloads.reviewboard.org/releases/rbseverity/0.5/
Reading http://www.reviewboard.org/
Download error on http://www.reviewboard.org/: hostname 'www.reviewboard.org' doesn't match either of 'beanbaginc.com', 'www.beanbaginc.com' -- Some packages may not be found!
Best match: rbseverity 0.5
Downloading http://downloads.reviewboard.org/releases/rbseverity/0.5/rbseverity-0.5-py2.6.egg
Processing rbseverity-0.5-py2.6.egg
creating /usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/rbseverity-0.5-py2.6.egg
Extracting rbseverity-0.5-py2.6.egg to /usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages
Adding rbseverity 0.5 to easy-install.pth file
Installed /usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/rbseverity-0.5-py2.6.egg
Processing dependencies for rbseverity
Finished processing dependencies for rbseverity

FYI, I'm not a developer, I'm a sysadmin setting this up for developers.

Any input helpful.

Thanks,

--Jamie

David Trowbridge

Jul 17, 2014, 5:36:11 PM7/17/14
to reviewboard
Jamie,

It looks like we had a snag in our release process, and the download URL wasn't registered in PyPI. I've fixed this, and you should be able to easy_install rbnotefield now.

-David

---
---
---

Jamie Gruener

Jul 17, 2014, 5:44:11 PM7/17/14
to revie...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the quick response! Works as expected now.

--Jamie

Matt Sawyer

Jul 20, 2015, 3:31:53 PM7/20/15
to revie...@googlegroups.com
I am seeing this issue today when trying to upgrade one of my machines to 0.6.3:

sudo easy_install -U RBTools==0.6.3
Searching for RBTools==0.6.3
Reading https://pypi.python.org/simple/RBTools/
Reading http://downloads.review-board.org/releases/
Reading http://downloads.review-board.org/releases/RBTools/0.2/
Reading http://downloads.reviewboard.org/releases/RBTools/0.2/
Reading http://downloads.reviewboard.org/releases/RBTools/0.3/
Reading http://downloads.reviewboard.org/releases/RBTools/0.4/
Reading http://downloads.reviewboard.org/releases/RBTools/0.5/
Reading http://downloads.reviewboard.org/releases/RBTools/0.6/
Reading http://downloads.reviewboard.org/releases/RBTools/0.7/
Reading http://www.review-board.org/
Download error on http://www.review-board.org/: hostname 'www.reviewboard.org' doesn't match either of 'beanbaginc.com', 'www.beanbaginc.com' -- Some packages may not be found!

Reading http://www.reviewboard.org/
Download error on http://www.reviewboard.org/: hostname 'www.reviewboard.org' doesn't match either of 'beanbaginc.com', 'www.beanbaginc.com' -- Some packages may not be found!
Best match: RBTools 0.6.3
Processing RBTools-0.6.3-py3.4.egg
RBTools 0.6.3 is already the active version in easy-install.pth
Installing rbt script to /usr/bin

Using /usr/lib/python3.4/site-packages/RBTools-0.6.3-py3.4.egg
Processing dependencies for RBTools==0.6.3
Finished processing dependencies for RBTools==0.6.3

Matt Sawyer

Jul 20, 2015, 3:52:55 PM7/20/15
to revie...@googlegroups.com
FYI I was able to install it manually by downloading RBTools from your website, untarring, and then
sudo python2.7 setup.py install

Sounds like python 3 (which my default python command resolves to) isn't compatible.

Christian Hammond

Jul 20, 2015, 6:12:51 PM7/20/15
to revie...@googlegroups.com, Matt Sawyer
Hi Matt,

Yeah, we don't yet support Python 3. That's going to be a bigger chunk of work we're not ready to take on just yet (though we welcome contributions from people with a strong interest in this ;)

Any reason you're going with 0.6.3 and not 0.7.4?

Christian

--
Christian Hammond - chri...@beanbaginc.com
> --
> Supercharge your Review Board with Power Pack: https://www.reviewboard.org/powerpack/
> Want us to host Review Board for you? Check out RBCommons: https://rbcommons.com/

Matt Sawyer

Jul 20, 2015, 6:54:06 PM7/20/15
to revie...@googlegroups.com, chri...@beanbaginc.com
Good to know. I'm mostly Python-illiterate...is there a way to make easy_install use python2.7? My organization just now requested that we upgrade from 0.5.x to 0.6.3, hence the reason I'm using this version now.

Stephen Gallagher

Jul 20, 2015, 9:34:23 PM7/20/15
On Mon, Jul 20, 2015 at 6:54 PM Matt Sawyer <matt....@gmail.com> wrote:
Good to know. I'm mostly Python-illiterate...is there a way to make easy_install use python2.7? My organization just now requested that we upgrade from 0.5.x to 0.6.3, hence the reason I'm using this version now.

Where did you get your copy of Python? It's actually a violation of Python Foundation rules for '/usr/bin/easy_install' or '/usr/bin/python' to refer to the Python 3 version of the language. It's supposed to be required that the Python 3 version be named '/usr/bin/easy_install-3' and '/usr/bin/python3' (with aliases for easy_install-3.4 and pyrhon3.4, etc.)

matt sawyer

Jul 21, 2015, 1:26:12 AM7/21/15
to revie...@googlegroups.com, chri...@beanbaginc.com
Good question. Somehow there is a python in /usr/local/bin that is python 3. I probably put it there while experimenting with something at some point.