Secondary NetSUS not respecting enabled vs non enabled updates from my primary server's catalog

Matt Oclassen

Mar 22, 2019, 12:41:24 PM3/22/19
to reposado
Hello,

I have a new primary NetSUS that I recently set up which will be the master for my organization.  I have it set to not actually store the updates (since it is pulling from Apple directly and would be enormous).  I have specific updates enabled on that server (ie boxes checked on certain updates).  However, when I set up a slave server that is set to store updates and point it to the master, it appears to be pulling every update down (enabled AND non enabled updates from the Master) and will fill up the drive on the secondary server in no time.

Can anybody think of a reason why the secondary server is not repecting what is enabled vs not enabled on the primary server?

Here is what I have configured in /var/lib/reposado/preferences.plist

<dict>
    <key>AppleCatalogURLs</key>
    <array>
        <string>http://primaryserver.domain/content/catalogs/others/index-10.11-10.10-10.9-mountainlion-lion-snowleopard-leopard.merged-1.sucatalog</string>
        <string>http://primaryserver.domain/content/catalogs/others/index-10.12-10.11-10.10-10.9-mountainlion-lion-snowleopard-leopard.merged-1.sucatalog</string>
        <string>http://primaryserver.domain/content/catalogs/others/index-10.13-10.12-10.11-10.10-10.9-mountainlion-lion-snowleopard-leopard.merged-1.sucatalog</string>
        <string>http://primaryserver.domain/content/catalogs/others/index-10.14-10.13-10.12-10.11-10.10-10.9-mountainlion-lion-snowleopard-leopard.merged-1.sucatalog</string>
    </array>
    <key>CurlPath</key>
    <string>/usr/bin/curl</string>
    <key>LocalCatalogURLBase</key>
    <string>http://primaryserver.domain/</string>
    <key>RepoSyncLogFile</key>
    <string>/var/log/reposado_sync.log</string>
    <key>UpdatesMetadataDir</key>
    <string>/srv/SUS/metadata/</string>
    <key>UpdatesRootDir</key>
    <string>/srv/SUS/html/</string>
</dict>
</plist>

Thanks

Gregory Neagle

Mar 22, 2019, 12:57:51 PM3/22/19
to repo...@googlegroups.com
It will "pull" (or replicate) every product listed in the sucatalogs listed in AppleCatalogURLs.

There is no concept of "Enabled vs not enabled" in reposado (maybe there is in NetSUS, but this mailinglist is for discussing reposado and not NetSUS). Instead you add (or don't add) items to branch catalogs, and then you point your clients to the branch catalogs.

Perhaps you'll get the behavior you desire by pointing your secondary server at _branch_ catalogs on the primary server.

-Greg

Matt Oclassen

Mar 22, 2019, 1:15:19 PM3/22/19
to repo...@googlegroups.com
That was it, thanks.  I had forgotten the actual branch catalog name at the end.

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "reposado" group.