1.6 installation

Duncan Dickinson

Apr 10, 2013, 6:21:46 PM4/10/13
to ReDBox Developer List, ReDBox User List
Hi All,

I haven't heard much about moving to 1.6 so hope it's going OK. I know our doco is lagging atm but the move to 1.6 should mainly require configuration. In many cases, a technical person will be able to diff your config with that of the sample build (links provided below) and see where updates need to occur.

Just so you have a starting place, the following files are likely to be needing an update:
If you use alerts, you'll need to make sure that they correctly indicate the version you're using so search for text such as "1.5.2" in your system-config and update them to "1.6".

Each site is likely to be quite different in terms of their setup so it'd be handy if you use this post as a response point for queries regarding configuration for 1.6.

Please also make sure that you give as much context as you can to any issues as this can help resolve problems quickly. If possible, even include you system-config file in your posts.

--
Cheers,

Duncan

Duncan Dickinson
QCIF Project Manager
Central Queensland University

Contact me:
monday to thursday
ph: 07 3138 2084
m: 0432 402 511
skype: de.dickinson

website | calendar | LinkedIn

Vicki Picasso

Apr 10, 2013, 8:00:15 PM4/10/13
to ReDBox User List
Hi,

Confirming that UoN successfully upgraded to version 1.6 last week.  I've attached our UAT Plan/cases for the new 1.6 interface features (dashboard, reporting, embargo, ethics).

cheers,  Vicki

Vicki Picasso
Senior Librarian, Research Support and Discovery Services
University Library
Academic and Global Relations Division
University of Newcastle
Callaghan  NSW  2308  Australia

P.  02 4921 5861
F.  02 4921 5833
E.  Vicki....@newcastle.edu.au

--
-- Website: http://www.redboxresearchdata.com.au

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups ReDBox group. To post to this group, send email to redbo...@googlegroups.com. To unsubscribe from this group, send email to redbox-repo...@googlegroups.com. For more options, visit this group at https://groups.google.com/d/forum/redbox-repo?hl=en
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "ReDBox" group.

ReDBox_RC_1.6_280313.pdf

TroyStearnes(UniSA)

Apr 15, 2013, 9:56:56 PM4/15/13
to redbo...@googlegroups.com, ReDBox Developer List
Hi Duncan,

Building from the code (as we need Shibboleth), it seems it cannot find:

  com.googlecode.the-fascinator:fascinator-portal:warpath:1.1.4-20130411.080216-10

However, when I try to find version 1.1.4 in the maven repository, I can only find 1.1.3. Is this correct? Should it be looking for 1.1.4?

The error I am receiving is:

Error transferring file: Connection timed out: connect

  com.googlecode.the-fascinator:fascinator-portal:warpath:1.1.4-20130411.080216-10

from the specified remote repositories:

  sonatype-nexus-snapshots (https://oss.sonatype.org/content/repositories/snapshots),

  redbox-nexus (http://dev.redboxresearchdata.com.au/nexus/content/groups/public/),

  fascinator-snapshots (http://dev.redboxresearchdata.com.au/nexus/content/repositories/central-snapshots/),

  snapshots (http://localhost:8081/nexus/content/repositories/snapshots/)

Path to dependency:

        1) au.edu.unisa.redbox-mint:redbox-unisa:pom:0.2-SNAPSHOT

        2) com.googlecode.the-fascinator:fascinator-portal:warpath:1.1.4-SNAPSHOT

Regards

Troy

Duncan Dickinson

Apr 16, 2013, 12:35:33 AM4/16/13
to ReDBox User List, ReDBox Developer List
Hi Troy,

I think you're after TF 1.1.3 as that was the last release version (and used in RB 1.6). There is a 1.1.4-SNAPSHOT available but that's the current dev line.

Cheers,

Duncan

--
-- Website: http://www.redboxresearchdata.com.au

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups ReDBox group. To post to this group, send email to redbo...@googlegroups.com. To unsubscribe from this group, send email to redbox-repo...@googlegroups.com. For more options, visit this group at https://groups.google.com/d/forum/redbox-repo?hl=en
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "ReDBox" group.

TroyStearnes(UniSA)

Apr 16, 2013, 1:02:47 AM4/16/13
to redbo...@googlegroups.com, ReDBox Developer List
Thanks Duncan,

Maybe I'm on the wrong path, as I haven't updated a version before. Is there a new code base I need to download? Or am I just replacing files within my current code before I build? If there is a new version, I might not have downloaded from the correct location - are you able to point me to the correct location?

Troy

Duncan Dickinson

Apr 16, 2013, 1:26:28 AM4/16/13
to ReDBox Developer List, ReDBox User List
Hi Troy,

In your institutional build, you should just need to update the version numbers for your dependencies.

It may be that you don't reference the-fascinator objects directly in your build so if you up the redbox/mint objects versions to 1.6, those objects in turn will grab the-fascinator 1.1.3.

This should then just drag down all the libraries you need* when you do a "mvn clean install"

If you're happy to send me a copy of your POM I can take a look for you - maybe send it direct rather than via the list if it contains server details etc.

Cheers,

Duncan

* We publish to the central Maven repo: http://search.maven.org/#search%7Cga%7C1%7Cthe-fascinator

TroyStearnes(UniSA)

Apr 16, 2013, 3:13:37 AM4/16/13
to redbo...@googlegroups.com, ReDBox Developer List

Hi Duncan,

Just letting you know that we have now got 1.6 working. It has also resolved our issues with Shibboleth login.

We needed to initialise the folder as a git repository using “git init”, and that resolved the issue.

Thanks for your help, and the offer to work through our issue with us.

Regards

Troy

Duncan Dickinson

Apr 16, 2013, 6:37:46 PM4/16/13
to ReDBox User List, ReDBox Developer List
Hi Troy,

Great news - thanks for letting me know.

Cheers,

Duncan

TroyStearnes(UniSA)

Apr 23, 2013, 1:22:16 AM4/23/13
to redbo...@googlegroups.com, ReDBox Developer List

Hi Duncan,

We have noticed an issue when exporting the dashboard report to csv. Initially, I thought that it was something to do with the 1.6 build I had done, but for me the issue is also occurring via http://demo.redboxresearchdata.com.au/redbox/. Zakir is able to access it from his machine, with the report displaying correctly. However, when I export to CSV, I receive the error below (for both my build and the demo). Is there something I need to install on my local machine for this to work?

ERROR There was an error rendering the page. See details below.
Script error: scripts/report/dashboard.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "default/redbox/scripts/report/dashboard.py", line 31, in __activate__
  File "default/redbox/scripts/report/dashboard.py", line 79, in exportDashboard
	at com.googlecode.fascinator.common.JsonSimple.parse(JsonSimple.java:169)
	at com.googlecode.fascinator.common.JsonSimple.(JsonSimple.java:127)
	at com.googlecode.fascinator.portal.report.type.PublishedRecordsByTypeChartHandler.getMintData(PublishedRecordsByTypeChartHandler.java:104)
	at com.googlecode.fascinator.portal.report.type.PublishedRecordsByTypeChartHandler.renderCsv(PublishedRecordsByTypeChartHandler.java:173)
	at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor1592.invoke(Unknown Source)

java.io.IOException: java.io.IOException: Unexpected token END OF FILE at position 0.

Regards

Troy

TroyStearnes(UniSA)

Apr 23, 2013, 1:30:34 AM4/23/13
to redbo...@googlegroups.com, ReDBox Developer List
The export to csv from the demo site is now no longer working for him either.

Troy

Duncan Dickinson

Apr 23, 2013, 5:47:18 AM4/23/13
to redbo...@googlegroups.com, ReDBox Developer List
Hi Troy,

The Demo system isn't up to date yet so we're still on the RC release so it's not a great test base.

Are you seeing the error in the web page or is it appearing in the CSV?

Some paths of enquiry to follow might be:
  - Check Mint is running
  - Run a diff against the dev-local version of system-config*, just to check you have the same services, charts and redbox-reports sections.

I'm out of town at the moment but please post your progress and one of my fellow report developers may be able put some ideas forward.

Cheers,

TroyStearnes(UniSA)

Apr 23, 2013, 7:52:05 PM4/23/13
to redbo...@googlegroups.com, ReDBox Developer List
Hi Duncan,

Thanks for your response. Both RedBox and Mint are running, and the only differences in our system-config file is our few name changes and the addition of Shibboleth (The issue is present with and without the Shibboleth addition).

Regards

Troy
Duncan

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups ReDBox group. To post to this group, send email to redbo...@googlegroups.com. To unsubscribe from this group, send email to redbox-repo+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com. For more options, visit this group at https://groups.google.com/d/forum/redbox-repo?hl=en

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "ReDBox" group.

Andrew Brazzatti

Apr 23, 2013, 10:39:27 PM4/23/13
to redbo...@googlegroups.com
Hi Troy,

The error is definitely consistent with ReDBox not getting a response from Mint. Are you seeing any errors in the Mint log?

Thanks,
Andrew

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups ReDBox group. To post to this group, send email to redbo...@googlegroups.com. To unsubscribe from this group, send email to redbox-repo...@googlegroups.com. For more options, visit this group at https://groups.google.com/d/forum/redbox-repo?hl=en

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "ReDBox" group.

TroyStearnes(UniSA)

Apr 24, 2013, 12:28:01 AM4/24/13
to redbo...@googlegroups.com
Hi Andrew,

That looks to be it - the error displayed in the log file is:

2013-04-24 13:54:46,455          WARN   namicPageServiceImpl Failed to run script!
=====

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "default/mint/scripts/api/query.py", line 29, in __activate__
 at com.googlecode.fascinator.indexer.SolrIndexer.searchByIndex(SolrIndexer.java:754)
 at $Indexer_13e39f3f85b.searchByIndex($Indexer_13e39f3f85b.java)
 at com.googlecode.fascinator.portal.api.impl.PublishedRecordsByTypeAPICallHandlerImpl.handleRequest(PublishedRecordsByTypeAPICallHandlerImpl.java:48)

java.lang.NullPointerException: java.lang.NullPointerException
=====

Regards

Troy

Andrew Brazzatti

Apr 24, 2013, 2:53:23 AM4/24/13
to redbo...@googlegroups.com
Hi Troy,

In your mint's, system-config.json

do you have eventLog defined in the indexers section? Should look something like this:
 "indexer": {
       "type": "solr",
       "properties": "TF-OBJ-META",
       "useCache": true,
       "buffer": {
           "docLimit": "200",
           "sizeLimit": "204800",
           "timeLimit": "30"
       },
       "solr": {
           "uri": "http://localhost:${jetty.port}/solr/fascinator",
           "coreName": "fascinator",
           "autocommit": false,
           "embedded": false
       },
       "anotar": {
           "uri": "http://localhost:${jetty.port}/solr/anotar",
           "coreName": "anotar",
           "autocommit": true
       },
        "eventLog": {
           "uri": "http://localhost:${jetty.port}/solr/eventlog",
           "coreName": "eventlog",
           "autocommit": false,
           "embedded": false
       }
   },

Andrew

TroyStearnes(UniSA)

Apr 30, 2013, 2:26:02 AM4/30/13
to redbo...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Andrew,
That's fixed it now. Adding:
"eventLog": {
"uri": "http://localhost:${jetty.port}/solr/eventlog",
"coreName": "eventlog",
"autocommit": false,
"embedded": false
}
added another graph, and it no longer has ther error.
Thanks again
Troy