How or what I need to do in order to get red5 server to work

thebreathoflife

Jun 2, 2016, 9:30:42 AM6/2/16
to red5
Hello and thanks I will be straight up front I am completely new to this live streaming but anyway what I want to do is put live streaming on our wordpress site using VideoWhisper but they say I need either red5 or wowza rtmp server since we are a small church I wanted to go with red5 rtmp server.so what steps do I need to take?

Rajdeep Rath

Jun 2, 2016, 9:42:48 AM6/2/16
to red5in...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Welcome to Red5 media server !! i am going to put up a few links for you to go through in order to understand what red5 is and what you can do with it.

2. Red5 server downloads page : https://github.com/Red5/red5-server
NOTE: As a newbie you don't need to build the server or anything. Just downloading the zip is enough.

Once you unzipped red5 you can use one of the ready to use apps or deploy a new app (if you have one).
Then your RTMP address to connect will be rtmp://host/appname ie: rtmp://localhost/live. Your script may need something like this to be able to connect to . server.

Let me know if you need to know something more.

Regards
Rajdeep Rath

--

---

Bro. Mike

Jun 2, 2016, 10:45:50 PM6/2/16
to red5in...@googlegroups.com
I am sorry about this but are you telling me to download all the files in step 2 and unzip them on my computer or do I upload them to the public_html on my website I don't quite understand. Thanks

--

---

Tiago Daniel Jacobs

Jun 2, 2016, 11:44:23 PM6/2/16
to red5in...@googlegroups.com

Red5 is a java application, it will not run in a simple hosting environment.

If you need a low budget solution, it's probably a good idea to get a VPS server and start red5 in this VPS server (less than USD 10/month).

Best regards,
Tiago

Bro. Mike

Jun 3, 2016, 12:54:05 AM6/3/16
to red5in...@googlegroups.com
like VideoWhisper is that what your talking about? Thanks

thebreathoflife

Jun 3, 2016, 1:24:41 AM6/3/16
to red5
I have wordpress installed on my website and a plugin for VideoWhipser that tells me that I need either red5 or wowza rtmp server to be able to live stream what steps do I need to take from here I do have the livestream VideoWhipser plugin. Thanks
To unsubscribe from this group and all its topics, send an email to red5interest+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.

Rajdeep Rath

Jun 3, 2016, 2:20:24 AM6/3/16
to red5in...@googlegroups.com
If you are low on budget and just want it running (no time to learn it and all) you can do one of the following.  P.s if you want to learn about it or something then you should download the files and run else not needed.

1. Use a cloud instances (small) on google or aws. Red5 has to be deployed there. (Find some one to install it for you).

2. Try a shared hosting provider. There are good red5 shared hosting providers out there as well. (I cannot name here). Google up.

Regards
Rajdeep Rath

---