stream from RTP IP Camera ?

Yannick Champs

Apr 10, 2017, 7:00:59 PM4/10/17
to red5
Hi,

can I use Red5 streaming software to publish streams for RTP IP cameras ?
Unfortunatly my cameras don't use RTMP as streaming protocol, only RTP is available

Thank you.

Rajdeep Rath

Apr 10, 2017, 7:10:46 PM4/10/17
to red5in...@googlegroups.com
Hi

I think you can pull a rtsp camera stream into red5. Perhaps you can take a look at this : https://github.com/Red5/red5-rtsp-restreamer

Regards
Rajdeep Rath

--

---

Yannick Champs

Apr 10, 2017, 7:33:12 PM4/10/17
to red5in...@googlegroups.com
Oh cool !! I will test this asap, thank you for your fast reply !!

--

---

Yannick CHAMPS
BP8378 Faaa centre 98702
VIni 87786744

Rajdeep Rath

Apr 10, 2017, 7:36:29 PM4/10/17
to red5in...@googlegroups.com
Welcome ;)

Yannick Champs

Apr 10, 2017, 10:25:54 PM4/10/17
to red5in...@googlegroups.com
Where do I need to copy AxisTest.java file ?

Rajdeep Rath

Apr 11, 2017, 3:01:11 AM4/11/17
to red5in...@googlegroups.com
You cannot simply copy a java file like that. The application needs to be compiled. Now comes the complex part. I think you should read through the maven application building part in that series.

A red5 app is much like a tomcat web app.

Regards
Rajdeep Rath

On Apr 11, 2017 4:31 AM, "Yannick Champs" <ych...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi,

can I use Red5 streaming software to publish streams for RTP IP cameras ?
Unfortunatly my cameras don't use RTMP as streaming protocol, only RTP is available

Thank you.

--

---

---

Yannick CHAMPS
BP8378 Faaa centre 98702
VIni 87786744

--

---

---

Yannick CHAMPS
BP8378 Faaa centre 98702
VIni 87786744

--

---

Yannick Champs

Apr 11, 2017, 9:51:55 PM4/11/17
to red5
It  is time to install Eclipse, I have tried several urls to download it but install for windows x64 was no more available, coud you help ?

Andy Shaules

Apr 11, 2017, 10:11:24 PM4/11/17
to red5in...@googlegroups.com
There is a crash course in java here.

https://www.red5pro.com/docs/server/basicjava/

Try running the 32 bit eclipse.

Rajdeep Rath

Apr 12, 2017, 2:57:14 AM4/12/17
to red5in...@googlegroups.com
I use eclipse Luna / Mars for Windows 64 bit on my windows 10. You should be looking for eclipse use for jee.

Yannick Champs

Apr 13, 2017, 5:11:28 PM4/13/17
to red5
When defining a new server, I cannot see InfraRed5 server in the list ?
Auto Generated Inline Image 1

Rajdeep Rath

Apr 13, 2017, 5:22:37 PM4/13/17
to red5in...@googlegroups.com

Though no one actually recommends this I use it everyday. ;)

First - did you install the eclipse plugin?

You dont need to install the plugin if you don't want. But it surely has advantages.

Let's see if it works for you , else you can always manually build a war file using maven and deploy that war to webapps directory then restart server. After a while the war should be unpacked to a app.

Regards
Rajdeep Rath

Yannick Champs

Apr 13, 2017, 5:47:42 PM4/13/17
to red5
I did not.
I tried tutorial from mondain :
https://github.com/Red5/red5-eclipse-plugin
But got the following error :
Auto Generated Inline Image 1

Rajdeep Rath

Apr 13, 2017, 5:49:52 PM4/13/17
to red5in...@googlegroups.com
Browse and select the red5 root location in that step. It's there in the development series also probably. Once you select the root it will find the jar.

Rajdeep Rath

Apr 13, 2017, 5:56:23 PM4/13/17
to red5in...@googlegroups.com

Rajdeep Rath

Apr 13, 2017, 6:00:00 PM4/13/17
to red5in...@googlegroups.com
Just remember that when starting and stopping the runtime, you may have to right click -> stop and wait a little to allow it to stop completely. (You will see runtime stopped)

Yannick Champs

Apr 13, 2017, 6:02:48 PM4/13/17
to red5
yeah, this is the tutorial I was following, but cannot find red5-server.jar file from my repositories, i have cloned those 3 :
red5-development-series
red5-eclipse-plugin
red5-rtsp-restreamer.

Rajdeep Rath

Apr 13, 2017, 6:04:28 PM4/13/17
to red5in...@googlegroups.com
You just need to select the root it should find the jar I think. Can you share a screenshot after you browse and select the red5 server root folder at that step.?

Yannick Champs

Apr 13, 2017, 6:09:14 PM4/13/17
to red5

Auto Generated Inline Image 1
Auto Generated Inline Image 2

Rajdeep Rath

Apr 13, 2017, 6:14:31 PM4/13/17
to red5in...@googlegroups.com
You are doing it all wrong there :) you are browsing to the wrong place.

You need to download red5 server zip. For example download red5-server 1.0.7.zip from GitHub.

Then extract it to a location in your hard drive. Then browse and select the root of red5 (where you see the conf folder and shell scripts etc: )

You haven't downloaded red5 server package yet.

Rajdeep Rath

Apr 13, 2017, 6:16:24 PM4/13/17
to red5in...@googlegroups.com
After you have installed the eclipse plugin you can never need to go there into that folder again. Also you need not clone the development series either. You can read it well from browser I guess.

Yannick Champs

Apr 18, 2017, 7:56:06 PM4/18/17
to red5
I downloaded red5-server-1.0.9-M9.zip  from https://github.com/Red5/red5-server/releases and extracted it.

I think the root directory is C:\red5-server-1.0.9-M9\src\main\server
Still got the same error.
what did I miss ? Cannot find any red5-server.jar in the extracted directory C:\red5-server-1.0.9-M9

Yannick Champs

Apr 18, 2017, 9:16:14 PM4/18/17
to red5
I made progress and downloaded red5-server-1.0.9-M9.tar where I found the mising jar files.
I works better, I can compile and publish rtsp-restreamer app.
How to configure rtsp-restreamer app ?
How to deploy it from localhost to my other Red5 server ?

Rajdeep Rath

Apr 20, 2017, 5:30:12 AM4/20/17
to red5in...@googlegroups.com
Ok good to know you got it working. I am a Windows user too. I usually download the zip archive. Don't download the source!

So now if you followed the tutorial properly, you will notice that when you right click and hit publish on the server runtime from eclipse  it compiles and publishes your webapp to your local server.

To move the webapp to a different server, copy the entire application folder from within your server root => webapps directory to the webapps directory of the new server where you want to deploy it. Then restart your server.

Yannick Champs

Apr 20, 2017, 3:21:13 PM4/20/17
to red5in...@googlegroups.com
Ok, got rtsp-restreamer folder now in webapps, with 2 subfolders META-INF and WEB-INF.

Now next step is to use this deployed app, could you help ?

Muhammad Aasharib Nawshad

Aug 10, 2017, 6:54:03 AM8/10/17
to red5
Hi,
i am also having problem building the project. Can u guide me? and have u found any solutions??

Yannick Champs

Aug 16, 2017, 9:05:20 PM8/16/17
to red5in...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I did not success with Red5, I use lynx and ffmpeg now, it works quite well.

Regards.