Red5 WebSocket Connection from Server

gaura...@mettl.com

Sep 30, 2017, 11:26:00 PM9/30/17
to red5
Hi All,
We are trying to integrate Red5 with our production environment. For that, we are thinking about WebSocket approach. So there will be multiple clients(Browsers) which will be connected with our production server and they will send SDP, ice candidate request to the production server. Now production server will send all these requests to red5 server. so when production server is sending a request to red5 using WebSocket, in response, I am not able to figure out for which request this response came(There is no id for the request). The only solution I am able to think is of creating a web socket connections corresponding to each client. Can you suggest any other way around?

Mondain

Sep 30, 2017, 11:50:43 PM9/30/17
to red5
Usually I send my websocket information as JSON with an "id" in the data, to line up with a session on the server.

--

---

Gaurav Garg

Sep 30, 2017, 11:56:54 PM9/30/17
to red5in...@googlegroups.com
Let me explain again plz. Suppose there are two publisher which are connected to our production server. Now I send recording start request to red5 for both of them then in response I am getting only recording started for both. Now I am not able to figure out ,which response belongs to which publisher.

---

Rajdeep Rath

Oct 1, 2017, 12:32:11 AM10/1/17
to red5in...@googlegroups.com
Well I think you need to explain more on what you are trying to do as a whole here. Think of explaining it to a noob.

Also I think you do need to have connection per client always. Then again I am not sure first what tiuwant are trying to make. How does red5 record and what does it record ?

Regards
Rajdeep Rath

Gaurav Garg

Oct 3, 2017, 6:45:30 AM10/3/17
to red5in...@googlegroups.com
We are trying to make a monitoring solution(one publisher and one listener). So there can be multiple publishers and multiple listeners. Now we don't want publisher and listener to be connected with the red5 server. Instead of that, they will be connected to our production server and production server will be connected to red5 server through web socket. Now when I start recording of a stream(publisher) in response I get recording started over the socket. Now the problem in response is that no such data is coming through which I can identify for which stream recording started as I will be sending multiple recording start requests through web socket.

Requested json:-
{
"publish":"stream name",
"mode":"record"