Stargate Universe--I tolja ("Earth" spoilers)

Ken from Chicago

Nov 7, 2009, 8:22:13 AM11/7/09
I will bask in the warm glow of my foresightedness.

http://groups.google.com/group/alt.tv.stargate-sg1/msg/25c7b33ebb4c3d27?hl=en

-- Oh so mature Ken from Chicago

Pete B

Nov 7, 2009, 12:43:16 PM11/7/09
In article <3v-dnWRZsP4C6WjX...@giganews.com>,
kwicker1...@comcast.net says...

> I will bask in the warm glow of my foresightedness.
>
> http://groups.google.com/group/alt.tv.stargate-sg1/msg/25c7b33ebb4c3d27?hl=en
>
> -- Oh so mature Ken from Chicago

Oh come on, every facet of "human sexuality" will be "explored" on
Stargate Orgasm - the season highlight being when Rushes body inhabited
by Chloe screws Youngs body inhabited by Sam Carter!

Arthur Lipscomb

Nov 7, 2009, 1:30:25 PM11/7/09

"Pete B" <xxxh@_xsomeething.com> wrote in message

I'm waiting for this line of dialogue to be worked into the series:
"I didn't have herpes before you took control of my body!"

I doubt if the people who agreed to the mind transfers also agreed to have
their bodies used for sex with strangers or ex lovers.

Ken from Chicago

Nov 7, 2009, 1:46:11 PM11/7/09

"Arthur Lipscomb" <art...@alum.calberkeley.org> wrote in message

They signed a contract with the Dollhouse.

-- Ken from Chicago

PV

Nov 7, 2009, 3:40:40 PM11/7/09
"Ken from Chicago" <kwicker1...@comcast.net> writes:
>I will bask in the warm glow of my foresightedness.
>
>http://groups.google.com/group/alt.tv.stargate-sg1/msg/25c7b33ebb4c3d27?hl=en

You weren't really foresighted, because the only "new" romance going on
over the stones is really nothing of the kind ... I don't know exactly what
you would call what Telford has in mind, but romantic ain't it. Yikes!

You would think the SGC would have chaperones on hand to put a stop to just
this kind of issue with the stones - I'd want to kick the living shit out
of someone borrowing my body and simply getting barfing drunk with it, let
alone having make-up sex with someone's wife. *
--
* PV Something like badgers, something like lizards, and something
like corkscrews.

Gisele

Nov 7, 2009, 3:48:14 PM11/7/09
Pete B <xxxh@_xsomeething.com> wrote in news:MPG.255fd023784efc1498d9d1@
74.209.131.10:

Lol...

Gisele

Gisele

Nov 7, 2009, 3:50:03 PM11/7/09
"Arthur Lipscomb" <art...@alum.calberkeley.org> wrote in

Yeah really, that's a bit much and the wife was still screwing a different
body no matter who was inhabiting it. In fact, it looks like she'll be
screwing him again sans the annoying Young? being there.....<g>

Gisele

Gisele

Nov 7, 2009, 3:51:04 PM11/7/09
pv+u...@pobox.com (PV) wrote in

> "Ken from Chicago" <kwicker1...@comcast.net> writes:
>>I will bask in the warm glow of my foresightedness.
>>
>>http://groups.google.com/group/alt.tv.stargate-sg1/msg/25c7b33ebb4c3d27
>>?hl=en
>
> You weren't really foresighted, because the only "new" romance going
> on over the stones is really nothing of the kind ... I don't know
> exactly what you would call what Telford has in mind, but romantic
> ain't it. Yikes!
>
> You would think the SGC would have chaperones on hand to put a stop to
> just this kind of issue with the stones - I'd want to kick the living
> shit out of someone borrowing my body and simply getting barfing drunk
> with it, let alone having make-up sex with someone's wife. *

Yeah, really.

Gisele

TB

Nov 7, 2009, 3:55:29 PM11/7/09
On Nov 7, 12:40 pm, pv+use...@pobox.com (PV) wrote:

> "Ken from Chicago" <kwicker1b_nos...@comcast.net> writes:
>
> >I will bask in the warm glow of my foresightedness.
>
> >http://groups.google.com/group/alt.tv.stargate-sg1/msg/25c7b33ebb4c3d...

> You weren't really foresighted, because the only "new" romance going on
> over the stones is really nothing of the kind ... I don't know exactly what
> you would call what Telford has in mind, but romantic ain't it. Yikes!

What if Telford could arrange for the stones to glitch for several
minutes at the right time during Young's conjugal visits?:):):)

> You would think the SGC would have chaperones on hand to put a stop to just
> this kind of issue with the stones - I'd want to kick the living shit out
> of someone borrowing my body and simply getting barfing drunk with it, let
> alone having make-up sex with someone's wife. *

But would you really want to deny Young the opportunity to have sex
with his wife just because he is borrowing someone else's body?

Perhaps Asgard technology could be used to grow artifical bodies for
use by stone visitors, so that people don't have to risk having their
bodies be used in an unethical manner.

TB

Nov 7, 2009, 3:59:31 PM11/7/09
On Nov 7, 12:48 pm, Gisele <ilove...@nospamlycos.com> wrote:
> Pete B <xxxh@_xsomeething.com> wrote in news:MPG.255fd023784efc1498d9d1@
> 74.209.131.10:
>
> > In article <3v-dnWRZsP4C6WjXnZ2dnUVZ_qedn...@giganews.com>,
> > kwicker1b_nos...@comcast.net says...

> >> I will bask in the warm glow of my foresightedness.
>
> >>http://groups.google.com/group/alt.tv.stargate-
>
> sg1/msg/25c7b33ebb4c3d27?hl=en
>

> >> -- Oh so mature Ken from Chicago
>
> > Oh come on, every facet of "human sexuality" will be "explored" on
> > Stargate Orgasm - the season highlight being when Rushes body inhabited
> > by Chloe screws Youngs body inhabited by Sam Carter!

Lets have Jack O'Neil take over Young's body, and Samantha Carter take
over the body of that medic (whom Young has been involved with) and
boink each other silly! Then let the stones be turned off at the
climatic moment!

Message has been deleted

David V. Loewe, Jr

Nov 7, 2009, 4:12:31 PM11/7/09
On Sat, 7 Nov 2009 20:50:03 +0000 (UTC), Gisele
<ilov...@nospamlycos.com> wrote:

>"Arthur Lipscomb" <art...@alum.calberkeley.org> wrote
>> "Pete B" <xxxh@_xsomeething.com> wrote

>>> kwicker1...@comcast.net says...

>>> Oh come on, every facet of "human sexuality" will be "explored" on

>>> Stargate Orgasm - the season highlight being when Rushes body
>>> inhabited by Chloe screws Youngs body inhabited by Sam Carter!
>>

>> I'm waiting for this line of dialogue to be worked into the series:
>> "I didn't have herpes before you took control of my body!"
>>
>> I doubt if the people who agreed to the mind transfers also agreed to
>> have their bodies used for sex with strangers or ex lovers.
>
>Yeah really, that's a bit much and the wife was still screwing a different
>body no matter who was inhabiting it. In fact, it looks like she'll be
>screwing him again sans the annoying Young? being there.....<g>

I thought it was really weird until we saw Colonel Telford show up at
her residence.
--
"...you know, it seems to me you suffer from the problem of
wanting a tailored fit in an off the rack world."

Tim Bruening

Nov 7, 2009, 4:26:31 PM11/7/09

Arthur Lipscomb wrote:

Telford might see the situation as a way to seduce Emily away from her hubby!

clouddreamer

Nov 7, 2009, 4:42:22 PM11/7/09

Only question now is whether or not he is visiting her as Telford...or
pretending to be Young in Telford clothing...

;]

--
We must change the way we live
Or the climate will do it for us.

Ken from Chicago

Nov 7, 2009, 5:32:34 PM11/7/09

"TB" <tsbr...@dcn.davis.ca.us> wrote in message

Just as Young's wife accidentally touches the third commstone and jumps into
Eli's body as he accidentally opens the door to Rush's lab.

-- Ken from Chicago

Pete B

Nov 7, 2009, 5:34:01 PM11/7/09
In article <0bydnRHzK8TpXWjX...@giganews.com>,
kwicker1...@comcast.net says...

Hehe - Dollhouse: Galaxy Branch

Ken from Chicago

Nov 7, 2009, 5:33:49 PM11/7/09

"David V. Loewe, Jr" <dave...@charter.net> wrote in message

Oh, no way, you mean what if she was ALREADY cheating on Young with Telford?

-- Ken from Chicago

Pete B

Nov 7, 2009, 5:35:01 PM11/7/09
In article <Xns9CBCA127B36DEil...@94.75.244.46>, iloveds9
@nospamlycos.com says...

And Young just missed the orgasm! Darn it *g*

> In fact, it looks like she'll be
> screwing him again sans the annoying Young? being there.....<g>

So how long until Young jumps the medic? :)

Pete B

Nov 7, 2009, 5:36:02 PM11/7/09
In article <Xns9CBCA15401B1Dil...@94.75.244.46>, iloveds9
@nospamlycos.com says...

> > You would think the SGC would have chaperones on hand to put a stop to
> > just this kind of issue with the stones - I'd want to kick the living
> > shit out of someone borrowing my body and simply getting barfing drunk
> > with it, let alone having make-up sex with someone's wife. *
>
> Yeah, really.

I'm surprised *she* just agreed to that. Perhaps as an ancient she can
see his real self ;)

Gisele

Nov 7, 2009, 6:49:27 PM11/7/09

> In article <Xns9CBCA127B36DEil...@94.75.244.46>,
> iloveds9 @nospamlycos.com says...
>> "Arthur Lipscomb" <art...@alum.calberkeley.org> wrote in
>>

>> > "Pete B" <xxxh@_xsomeething.com> wrote in message

>> > I'm waiting for this line of dialogue to be worked into the series:
>> > "I didn't have herpes before you took control of my body!"
>> >
>> > I doubt if the people who agreed to the mind transfers also agreed
>> > to have their bodies used for sex with strangers or ex lovers.
>>
>> Yeah really, that's a bit much and the wife was still screwing a
>> different body no matter who was inhabiting it.
>
> And Young just missed the orgasm! Darn it *g*

Hehehe, that's what it looked like didn't it?

>> In fact, it looks like she'll be
>> screwing him again sans the annoying Young? being there.....<g>
>
> So how long until Young jumps the medic? :)

Yeah, well he was dreaming about her. Gads, this is a soap opera...<g>

Gisele

Ken from Chicago

Nov 7, 2009, 7:11:13 PM11/7/09

"Gisele" <ilov...@nospamlycos.com> wrote in message

AS THE GATE TURNS

-- Ken from Chicago

Gisele

Nov 7, 2009, 7:19:32 PM11/7/09
"Ken from Chicago" <kwicker1...@comcast.net> wrote in

>>> And Young just missed the orgasm! Darn it *g*

>> Hehehe, that's what it looked like didn't it?

>>> So how long until Young jumps the medic? :)
>>
>> Yeah, well he was dreaming about her. Gads, this is a soap
>> opera...<g>

>> Gisele

> AS THE GATE TURNS
>
> -- Ken from Chicago

Lol...good one if a little bit of a groaner.

Gisele

Message has been deleted

Pete B

Nov 7, 2009, 9:17:14 PM11/7/09
In article <Xns9CBCBF91F34D1il...@94.75.244.46>, iloveds9
@nospamlycos.com says...
But it explains why McKay, Jackson, Carter and Zelenka haven't been to
the ship! *g*

Dimensional Traveler

Nov 7, 2009, 10:44:06 PM11/7/09

No, the tantric energy of their activities will power the Destiny into
making an unexpected FTL jump causing another glitch in the body swap.

--
7 Years - 2265 Experiments - 10 tons of explosives - 705 Myths
Myths - Will - Fall!

Dimensional Traveler

Nov 7, 2009, 10:47:32 PM11/7/09
Gisele wrote:
> "Ken from Chicago" <kwicker1...@comcast.net> wrote in

>>> Yeah, well he was dreaming about her. Gads, this is a soap
>>> opera...<g>
>
>> AS THE GATE TURNS

> Lol...good one if a little bit of a groaner.

Should be AS THE GATE SPINS.

Malcom "Mal" Reynolds

Nov 8, 2009, 12:30:01 AM11/8/09
In article
<4af63f51$0$1645$742e...@news.sonic.net
>,
Dimensional Traveler
<dtr...@sonic.net> wrote:

> Gisele wrote:
> > "Ken from Chicago" <kwicker1...@comcast.net> wrote in

> >> AS THE GATE TURNS
> >>

> > Lol...good one if a little bit of a groaner.
> >
> Should be AS THE GATE SPINS.

AS THE GATE DIALS

Dan Lanciani

Nov 8, 2009, 12:44:28 AM11/8/09
In article <MPG.2560147da...@74.209.131.10>, xxxh@_xsomeething.com (Pete B) writes:
| In article <Xns9CBCA127B36DEil...@94.75.244.46>, iloveds9
| @nospamlycos.com says...
| > "Arthur Lipscomb" <art...@alum.calberkeley.org> wrote in
| >

| > > "Pete B" <xxxh@_xsomeething.com> wrote in message

| > > I'm waiting for this line of dialogue to be worked into the series:
| > > "I didn't have herpes before you took control of my body!"
| > >
| > > I doubt if the people who agreed to the mind transfers also agreed to
| > > have their bodies used for sex with strangers or ex lovers.
| >
| > Yeah really, that's a bit much and the wife was still screwing a different
| > body no matter who was inhabiting it.
|
| And Young just missed the orgasm! Darn it *g*

Trancers already did that joke to death...

Dan Lanciani
ddl@danlan.*com

David Loewe, Jr.

Nov 8, 2009, 2:02:14 AM11/8/09
On Sat, 7 Nov 2009 16:33:49 -0600, "Ken from Chicago"
<kwicker1...@comcast.net> wrote:

>"David V. Loewe, Jr" <dave...@charter.net> wrote

>> On Sat, 7 Nov 2009 20:50:03 +0000 (UTC), Gisele
>> <ilov...@nospamlycos.com> wrote:
>>>"Arthur Lipscomb" <art...@alum.calberkeley.org> wrote

>>>Yeah really, that's a bit much and the wife was still screwing a different
>>>body no matter who was inhabiting it. In fact, it looks like she'll be
>>>screwing him again sans the annoying Young? being there.....<g>
>>
>> I thought it was really weird until we saw Colonel Telford show up at
>> her residence.

>Oh, no way, you mean what if she was ALREADY cheating on Young with Telford?

Why else would she let Telford's body do the deed?
--
"Why do we never get an answer
When we're knocking at the door

Winston

Nov 8, 2009, 2:41:52 AM11/8/09
"Ken from Chicago" <kwicker1...@comcast.net> writes:
> AS THE GATE TURNS

Sponsored by Dial (soap)? :)
-WBE

DJensen

Nov 8, 2009, 2:56:07 AM11/8/09

AS THE GATE ROTATES

--
DJensen

whodunit

Nov 8, 2009, 5:14:43 AM11/8/09
Ken from Chicago wrote:
> I will bask in the warm glow of my foresightedness.
>
> http://groups.google.com/group/alt.tv.stargate-sg1/msg/25c7b33ebb4c3d27?hl=en
>
> -- Oh so mature Ken from Chicago

Ken, that was such a fantabulous prediction, I hereby take away HolyO's
Peace Prize and anoint you with it! Incoming, duck!
[lobs worthless medal in Ken's direction]

Ken from Chicago

Nov 8, 2009, 6:33:02 AM11/8/09

"Winston" <w...@ubeblock.psr.com.invalid> wrote in message

LOL!

-- Ken from Chicago

Malcom "Mal" Reynolds

Nov 8, 2009, 1:45:24 PM11/8/09
In article
<c8550$4af67997$4c0aa3ea$31277@TEKSAVVY.
COM-Free>,
DJensen <i_m...@yahoo.ca> wrote:

THE CIRCLE OF THE UNIVERSE

Malcom "Mal" Reynolds

Nov 8, 2009, 1:45:57 PM11/8/09
In article
<hd65mi$l0h$5...@news.eternal-september.org
>,
whodunit <whod...@invalid.invalid>
wrote:

To be fair, there is no romance, just
marriage

Pete B

Nov 8, 2009, 2:56:39 PM11/8/09
In article <135...@news1.IPSWITCHS.CMM>, ddl@danlan.*com says...

> | And Young just missed the orgasm! Darn it *g*
>
> Trancers already did that joke to death...

Trancers?

Pete B

Nov 8, 2009, 3:13:30 PM11/8/09
In article <c8550$4af67997$4c0aa3ea$31...@TEKSAVVY.COM-Free>,
i_m...@yahoo.ca says...

AS THE GATE ROTS ;)

peachy ashie passion

Nov 8, 2009, 3:49:28 PM11/8/09
Pete B wrote:
> In article <3v-dnWRZsP4C6WjX...@giganews.com>,
> kwicker1...@comcast.net says...
>> I will bask in the warm glow of my foresightedness.
>>
>> http://groups.google.com/group/alt.tv.stargate-sg1/msg/25c7b33ebb4c3d27?hl=en
>>
>> -- Oh so mature Ken from Chicago
>
> Oh come on, every facet of "human sexuality" will be "explored" on
> Stargate Orgasm

Dayum. Maybe I should start watching?

Arthur Lipscomb

Nov 8, 2009, 4:06:45 PM11/8/09

"Pete B" <xxxh@_xsomeething.com> wrote in message

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0090192/

It's one of those low budget Full Moon movies made when they were actually
trying to make good movies despite the low budgets. Tim Thomerson plays a
cop from the future who's consciousness is sent back in time into the body
of one of his descendants. Sort of a running joke was his consciousness
would be temporarily returned to the future and when he returned to the past
his descendant will have just finished having sex with a woman.

whodunit

Nov 8, 2009, 4:18:56 PM11/8/09
TB wrote:
> On Nov 7, 12:48 pm, Gisele <ilove...@nospamlycos.com> wrote:
>> Pete B <xxxh@_xsomeething.com> wrote in news:MPG.255fd023784efc1498d9d1@
>> 74.209.131.10:
>>
>>> In article <3v-dnWRZsP4C6WjXnZ2dnUVZ_qedn...@giganews.com>,
>>> kwicker1b_nos...@comcast.net says...

>> sg1/msg/25c7b33ebb4c3d27?hl=en

>>> Oh come on, every facet of "human sexuality" will be "explored" on
>>> Stargate Orgasm - the season highlight being when Rushes body inhabited
>>> by Chloe screws Youngs body inhabited by Sam Carter!
>
> Lets have Jack O'Neil take over Young's body, and Samantha Carter take
> over the body of that medic (whom Young has been involved with) and
> boink each other silly! Then let the stones be turned off at the
> climatic moment!

Climatic??

Global warming is involved with this?!?
Quick, call Algoracle!

Jerry Brown

Nov 8, 2009, 4:22:40 PM11/8/09
On Sun, 8 Nov 2009 13:06:45 -0800, "Arthur Lipscomb"
<art...@alum.calberkeley.org> wrote:

>"Pete B" <xxxh@_xsomeething.com> wrote in message
>> In article <135...@news1.IPSWITCHS.CMM>, ddl@danlan.*com says...

>>> Trancers already did that joke to death...
>>
>> Trancers?
>

>http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0090192/
>
>It's one of those low budget Full Moon movies made when they were actually
>trying to make good movies despite the low budgets. Tim Thomerson plays a
>cop from the future who's consciousness is sent back in time into the body
>of one of his descendants.

s/descendants/ancestors/

>Sort of a running joke was his consciousness
>would be temporarily returned to the future and when he returned to the past
>his descendant will have just finished having sex with a woman.

Jerry Brown
--
A cat may look at a king
(but probably won't bother)

<http://www.jwbrown.co.uk>

whodunit

Nov 8, 2009, 4:21:57 PM11/8/09

Apparently, he already has back at the base, from the comment his wife
made about his being trapped on the Destiny with "her"--I wonder if the
reason TJ was leaving suddenly is because she's pregnant with Young's
child. I also wonder if Emily couldn't have children, and found out that
TJ's pregnant, and felt even more animosity toward her.

whodunit

Nov 8, 2009, 4:25:18 PM11/8/09
LOLOL.

Seeing as there is canon about the Air Force requiring people to sign
disclosures before participating in ANYTHING regarding the SG program, I
imagine the participants had to fill out countless forms with countless
rules and regs saying just what they had permission to do with the
bodies they are 'borrowing' (especially after Telford darn near injuring
Young's body worse than it was by overdoing it during his initial
exchanges with Young.)

Disconcerting, nonetheless, to return to your own body and find, say,
body fluids that don't belong to you...eww.

whodunit

Nov 8, 2009, 4:26:54 PM11/8/09

She CAN close her eyes, you know. And pretend the body is Young's,
unless there are certain physical...well, you know. <blushes>

Dan Lanciani

Nov 8, 2009, 4:18:01 PM11/8/09

_Trancers_ (1985) followed by _Trancers_ II-5 (and I guess later a 6 without
Tim Thomerson). Maybe it has been long enough that the joke is new again...

Dan Lanciani
ddl@danlan.*com

Jette Goldie

Nov 8, 2009, 5:03:20 PM11/8/09

Quite an interesting time line his family must have, if his
descendants are in his past.

:-)

--
Jette Goldie
jette....@gmail.com

Anim8rFSK

Nov 8, 2009, 7:04:44 PM11/8/09
In article <hd7ar...@news2.newsguy.com>,

You can watch the encore of this week's when I do. We'll see. In the
meantime, the sig stands:

--
Stargate Universe SGU: It puts the "U" in "SUCKS"!
It's the show 'Defiling Gravity' would be if DG had more regulars,

Dimensional Traveler

Nov 8, 2009, 7:38:37 PM11/8/09
Jette Goldie wrote:
> Arthur Lipscomb wrote:
>>
>> "Pete B" <xxxh@_xsomeething.com> wrote in message
>>> In article <135...@news1.IPSWITCHS.CMM>, ddl@danlan.*com says...

>>> Trancers?
>>

>> http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0090192/
>>
>> It's one of those low budget Full Moon movies made when they were
>> actually trying to make good movies despite the low budgets. Tim
>> Thomerson plays a cop from the future who's consciousness is sent back
>> in time into the body of one of his descendants. Sort of a running
>> joke was his consciousness would be temporarily returned to the future
>> and when he returned to the past his descendant will have just
>> finished having sex with a woman.
>>

> Quite an interesting time line his family must have, if his descendants
> are in his past.
>
> :-)

But would have been perfectly in keeping with the rest of that movie
series. Yes, series. There were multiple 'Trancer' movies.

(As I recall, Tim Thomerson's biggest acting challenge in them was
suppressing his "I can't believe they pay me to goof off like this!"
smirk. He didn't entirely succeed. :D )

Pete B

Nov 8, 2009, 7:43:51 PM11/8/09
In article <hd7bt9$5v8$1...@news.eternal-september.org>,
art...@alum.calberkeley.org says...

Hehe, don't think I ever saw that :)

Pete B

Nov 8, 2009, 7:47:02 PM11/8/09
> "Pete B" <xxxh@_xsomeething.com> wrote in message
> > In article <135...@news1.IPSWITCHS.CMM>, ddl@danlan.*com says...

> >> Trancers already did that joke to death...
> >
> > Trancers?
>

> http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0090192/

Wow and five sequels, somebody must like it :)

Pete B

Nov 8, 2009, 7:50:33 PM11/8/09
In article <hd7f7m$sb6$1...@news.eternal-september.org>, jgoldie247
@btinternet.com says...

> Quite an interesting time line his family must have, if his
> descendants are in his past.
>
> :-)

Hey, I knew what he meant :)

Pete B

Nov 8, 2009, 7:51:44 PM11/8/09
In article <135...@news1.IPSWITCHS.CMM>, ddl@danlan.*com says...
> In article <MPG.256140e2f...@74.209.131.10>, xxxh@_xsomeething.com (Pete B) writes:
> | In article <135...@news1.IPSWITCHS.CMM>, ddl@danlan.*com says...

> | > Trancers already did that joke to death...
> |
> | Trancers?
>
> _Trancers_ (1985) followed by _Trancers_ II-5 (and I guess later a 6 without
> Tim Thomerson).

So its like doctor, they can cast another in the lead each time? :)

> Maybe it has been long enough that the joke is new again...

Never saw any of them, but I'll keep an eye out now.

Ralph Mowery

Nov 8, 2009, 7:59:03 PM11/8/09

"whodunit" <whod...@invalid.invalid> wrote in message

> Seeing as there is canon about the Air Force requiring people to sign
> disclosures before participating in ANYTHING regarding the SG program, I
> imagine the participants had to fill out countless forms with countless
> rules and regs saying just what they had permission to do with the bodies
> they are 'borrowing' (especially after Telford darn near injuring
> Young's body worse than it was by overdoing it during his initial
> exchanges with Young.)
>
> Disconcerting, nonetheless, to return to your own body and find, say,
> body fluids that don't belong to you...eww.

Most people just sign any forms without reading them. Check into a hospital
and see the lengths of the forms to sign. Ever read tehm ? I tried one
time and the office person got mad at me for taking time to do that.

Not my fault I was holding up a line of about 10 people :-)

Told her I did not sign anything I did not read.

whodunit

Nov 8, 2009, 8:08:25 PM11/8/09
We also read everything we get that they want signed. When I had my
twins the paperwork was about an inch thick! :-)

Dan Lanciani

Nov 8, 2009, 8:19:26 PM11/8/09
In article <hd7f7m$sb6$1...@news.eternal-september.org>, jgold...@btinternet.com (Jette Goldie) writes:
| Arthur Lipscomb wrote:
| >
| > "Pete B" <xxxh@_xsomeething.com> wrote in message
| >> In article <135...@news1.IPSWITCHS.CMM>, ddl@danlan.*com says...

| >> Trancers?
| >

| > http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0090192/
| >
| > It's one of those low budget Full Moon movies made when they were
| > actually trying to make good movies despite the low budgets. Tim
| > Thomerson plays a cop from the future who's consciousness is sent back
| > in time into the body of one of his descendants. Sort of a running joke
| > was his consciousness would be temporarily returned to the future and
| > when he returned to the past his descendant will have just finished
| > having sex with a woman.
| >

| Quite an interesting time line his family must have, if his
| descendants are in his past.

Actually, IIRC, eventually both Jack and his wife(?) traveled forward
(well, Jack traveled sideways for a while) in their host bodies so you
never know. (Jack's original body was no longer viable and his wife(?)
was destined to die soon after she returned. In fact, I think she did
die originally and then they sent a technician back to just before she
died to send her back to help(?) Jack.) And from what I gather, in #6
Jack does travel to the past to inhabit the body of a descendant...
sort of...

Dan Lanciani
ddl@danlan.*com

Ken Arromdee

Nov 8, 2009, 8:25:34 PM11/8/09
In article <hd4ec4$cuc$1...@news.eternal-september.org>,

Arthur Lipscomb <art...@alum.calberkeley.org> wrote:
>I'm waiting for this line of dialogue to be worked into the series:
>"I didn't have herpes before you took control of my body!"

Or someone becoming pregnant or being hit up for child support. (Note that
since child support is officially for the child, it doesn't matter if you're
not to blame for causing the pregnancy, you still have to pay it.)
--
Ken Arromdee / arromdee_AT_rahul.net / http://www.rahul.net/arromdee

Obi-wan Kenobi: "Only a Sith deals in absolutes."
Yoda: "Do or do not. There is no 'try'."

Ken Arromdee

Nov 8, 2009, 8:29:37 PM11/8/09
>> Most people just sign any forms without reading them.

Forms are irrelevant; the Stargate program is secret anyway, it's not as if
it's possible to sue the government over it.

The only real question is of the government's ethics and stupidity. Either
they take precautions against body misuse, or they don't. Either they
consider this misuse, or they don't. And they should, both times; it's too
obvious a problem for anyone who's even slightly on the side of the good guys
not to see it.

Ken from Chicago

Nov 9, 2009, 2:10:21 AM11/9/09

"Ken Arromdee" <arro...@rahul.net> wrote in message

Simple DNA test.

-- Ken from Chicago

Ken Arromdee

Nov 9, 2009, 9:14:16 AM11/9/09
In article <5PGdne0T0KD6XWrX...@giganews.com>,

Ken from Chicago <kwicker1...@comcast.net> wrote:
>>>I'm waiting for this line of dialogue to be worked into the series:
>>>"I didn't have herpes before you took control of my body!"
>>
>> Or someone becoming pregnant or being hit up for child support. (Note
>> that
>> since child support is officially for the child, it doesn't matter if
>> you're
>> not to blame for causing the pregnancy, you still have to pay it.)
>Simple DNA test.

Umm, it's a swap. If you use someone else's body, it'll show their DNA and
they have to pay the child support.

Message has been deleted

Tim Bruening

Nov 9, 2009, 3:24:34 PM11/9/09

clouddreamer wrote:

> Tim Bruening wrote:
> >
> > Arthur Lipscomb wrote:
> >
> >> "Pete B" <xxxh@_xsomeething.com> wrote in message

> >> I'm waiting for this line of dialogue to be worked into the series:
> >> "I didn't have herpes before you took control of my body!"
> >>

> >> I doubt if the people who agreed to the mind transfers also agreed to have
> >> their bodies used for sex with strangers or ex lovers.
> >

> > Telford might see the situation as a way to seduce Emily away from her hubby!
> >

> Only question now is whether or not he is visiting her as Telford...or
> pretending to be Young in Telford clothing...
>
> ;]

What if Everett arrives in Telford's body WHILE he's visiting Emily?

Tim Bruening

Nov 9, 2009, 3:53:55 PM11/9/09

whodunit wrote:

Plot: Emily uses a commstone to visit Destiny, and finds herself in TJ's body!
Since Everett is already familier with TJ's body, he should have no trouble
boinking Emily in that body!

~consul

Nov 9, 2009, 4:34:33 PM11/9/09
and thus Ken from Chicago inscribed ...
> I will bask in the warm glow of my foresightedness.
> -- Oh so mature Ken from Chicago

Speaking of mature, I thought the musical interlude in the club was very reminscent of crappy old Star Trek, like that hippies episode where they were trying to take over the ship.
--
"... respect, all good works are not done by only good folk. For here, at the end of all things, we shall do what needs to be done."
--till next time, consul -x- <<poetry.dolphins-cove.com>>

Tim Bruening

Nov 9, 2009, 4:37:12 PM11/9/09

"David V. Loewe, Jr" wrote:

> On Sat, 7 Nov 2009 20:50:03 +0000 (UTC), Gisele
> <ilov...@nospamlycos.com> wrote:
>

> >"Arthur Lipscomb" <art...@alum.calberkeley.org> wrote
> >> "Pete B" <xxxh@_xsomeething.com> wrote

> >> I'm waiting for this line of dialogue to be worked into the series:
> >> "I didn't have herpes before you took control of my body!"
> >>
> >> I doubt if the people who agreed to the mind transfers also agreed to
> >> have their bodies used for sex with strangers or ex lovers.
> >
> >Yeah really, that's a bit much and the wife was still screwing a different

> >body no matter who was inhabiting it. In fact, it looks like she'll be

> >screwing him again sans the annoying Young? being there.....<g>
>

> I thought it was really weird until we saw Colonel Telford show up at
> her residence.

What would you like to see happen with the Everett/Telford/Emily
triangle?

Ken from Chicago

Nov 9, 2009, 9:06:00 PM11/9/09

>>> Or someone becoming pregnant or being hit up for child support. (Note
>>> that
>>> since child support is officially for the child, it doesn't matter if
>>> you're
>>> not to blame for causing the pregnancy, you still have to pay it.)
>>Simple DNA test.
>
> Umm, it's a swap. If you use someone else's body, it'll show their DNA
> and
> they have to pay the child support.
> --
> Ken Arromdee / arromdee_AT_rahul.net / http://www.rahul.net/arromdee

Exactly. Simple DNA test.

-- Ken from Chicago

erilar

Nov 10, 2009, 10:46:33 AM11/10/09
In article <4AF88B88...@pop.dcn.davis.ca.us>,
Tim Bruening <tsbr...@pop.dcn.davis.ca.us> wrote:

> What would you like to see happen with the Everett/Telford/Emily
> triangle?

Telford dies for being a terminally irritating twit!

--
Erilar, biblioholic

bib-li-o-hol-ism [<Gr biblion] n. [BIBLIO + HOLISM] books, of books:
habitual longing to purchase, read, store, admire, and consume books in excess.

http://www.chibardun.net/~erilarlo

Tim Bruening

Nov 10, 2009, 7:42:48 PM11/10/09

Pete B wrote:

> In article <3v-dnWRZsP4C6WjX...@giganews.com>,

> kwicker1...@comcast.net says...
> > I will bask in the warm glow of my foresightedness.
> >
> > http://groups.google.com/group/alt.tv.stargate-sg1/msg/25c7b33ebb4c3d27?hl=en
> >

> > -- Oh so mature Ken from Chicago
>

> Oh come on, every facet of "human sexuality" will be "explored" on
> Stargate Orgasm - the season highlight being when Rushes body inhabited
> by Chloe screws Youngs body inhabited by Sam Carter!

During this episode, Everett Young has sex with his wife while using Telford's
body. Suddenly, Destiny drops out of FTL and the stones stop working for a few
seconds, thus swapping Young and Telford back to their proper bodies near the end
of the sex act. A few seconds later, the stones resume working, and Young returns
to Telford's body (right at the climax or just after the climax) and vice versa. A
Destiny crewman then expresses the opinion that Young wanted to turn off the stones
completely. Why would Young want the stones turned off at that point? If I were
he, I would be praying that the stones resume working promptly so that I could get
back to the sex act!

~consul

Nov 11, 2009, 7:19:25 PM11/11/09
and thus Ken from Chicago inscribed ...
> "David V. Loewe, Jr" <dave...@charter.net> wrote in message
>> On Sat, 7 Nov 2009 20:50:03 +0000 (UTC), Gisele
>>> Yeah really, that's a bit much and the wife was still screwing a different
>>> body no matter who was inhabiting it. In fact, it looks like she'll be
>>> screwing him again sans the annoying Young? being there.....<g>
>> I thought it was really weird until we saw Colonel Telford show up at
>> her residence.
> Oh, no way, you mean what if she was ALREADY cheating on Young with Telford?

hmmm ... could be ... could be.

Ken from Chicago

Nov 15, 2009, 5:11:14 AM11/15/09

>>> Most people just sign any forms without reading them.
>
> Forms are irrelevant; the Stargate program is secret anyway, it's not as
> if
> it's possible to sue the government over it.
>
> The only real question is of the government's ethics and stupidity.
> Either
> they take precautions against body misuse, or they don't. Either they
> consider this misuse, or they don't. And they should, both times; it's
> too
> obvious a problem for anyone who's even slightly on the side of the good
> guys
> not to see it.
> --
> Ken Arromdee / arromdee_AT_rahul.net / http://www.rahul.net/arromdee

One word: escorts.

The question is why do you have people showing up unescorted on Earth? How
do they know the alien devices won't tamper with their mind or something?

-- Ken from Chicago

Ken from Chicago

Nov 15, 2009, 7:59:28 AM11/15/09

"Dimensional Traveler" <dtr...@sonic.net> wrote in message

I think RDA had similar thots in some eps of SG1.

-- Ken from Chicago

Ken Arromdee

Nov 16, 2009, 6:03:07 PM11/16/09
In article <SsCdnVHKvrVUTmLX...@giganews.com>,

Ken from Chicago <kwicker1...@comcast.net> wrote:
>> Either
>> they take precautions against body misuse, or they don't.
>One word: escorts.

That would be a precaution.

Again, logically they *should* take precautions; but taking precautions
makes it harder to tell a story where things go wrong. It's why lots of TV
characters act stupid; if they showed any smarts you wouldn't get a story
out of their stupidity.

>The question is why do you have people showing up unescorted on Earth? How
>do they know the alien devices won't tamper with their mind or something?

One assumes they were tested since their original discovery in SG1. Of
course no testing can show everything.

--
Ken Arromdee / arromdee_AT_rahul.net / http://www.rahul.net/arromdee

Obi-wan Kenobi: "Only a Sith deals in absolutes."

Pete B

Nov 16, 2009, 8:32:30 PM11/16/09
In article <hdslnb$drs$1...@blue.rahul.net>, arro...@rahul.net says...

> In article <SsCdnVHKvrVUTmLX...@giganews.com>,
> Ken from Chicago <kwicker1...@comcast.net> wrote:
> >> Either
> >> they take precautions against body misuse, or they don't.
> >One word: escorts.
>
> That would be a precaution.
>
> Again, logically they *should* take precautions; but taking precautions
> makes it harder to tell a story where things go wrong. It's why lots of TV
> characters act stupid; if they showed any smarts you wouldn't get a story
> out of their stupidity.

I disagree. You would get *another* story out of it - its only when they
writers keep wanting to write the same story and don't have the skill or
understanding to write something else (and 'else' doesn't equate bad)

Mark Nobles

Nov 23, 2009, 2:43:03 AM11/23/09
erilar <dra...@chibardun.net.invalid> wrote:

> Tim Bruening <tsbr...@pop.dcn.davis.ca.us> wrote:
>
> > What would you like to see happen with the Everett/Telford/Emily
> > triangle?
>
> Telford dies for being a terminally irritating twit!

Second!