Stargate Universe--Starcrossed romance

Ken from Chicago

Oct 12, 2009, 4:38:29 AM10/12/09
I have foreseen the future, of STARGATE UNIVERSE:

There will be a romance between a couple--one of whom is using the Alteran
commstones to inhabit another person's body.

The question is whether it will last for more than one episode, and whether
said romance is aboard ship or on Earth.

-- Ken from Chicago

Tim Bruening

Oct 12, 2009, 4:57:31 AM10/12/09

Ken from Chicago wrote:

Scott using the commstones to visit Earth so that he can boink his 16 year old
girlfriend silly (as he was doing in the premiere when he was rudely
interrupted).

Kestra

Oct 12, 2009, 5:41:11 AM10/12/09

"Tim Bruening" <tsbr...@pop.dcn.davis.ca.us> wrote in message

Guys, please don't give them ideas ;)

Kes

Malcom "Mal" Reynolds

Oct 12, 2009, 2:05:37 PM10/12/09
In article
<4AD2EF7B...@pop.dcn.davis.ca.us>,
Tim Bruening
<tsbr...@pop.dcn.davis.ca.us> wrote:

She was at least 17

Tim Bruening

Oct 12, 2009, 3:09:00 PM10/12/09

Malcom \"Mal\" Reynolds wrote:

The imaginary priest (who was a figment dreamed up by Scott's brain) said she was
16.

Jim Gysin

Oct 12, 2009, 4:16:41 PM10/12/09

Malcom "Mal" Reynolds sent the following on 10/12/2009 1:05 PM:

If you guys are talking about the one and only sex scene in the show to
date, I'm pretty sure that the woman in question was the soldier that he
subsequently pretended not to know very well when they split up to
explore the ship. And unless the minimum age for entering the military
has been lowered, that would make her at least 18.

--
Jim Gysin
Waukesha, WI

Malcom "Mal" Reynolds

Oct 12, 2009, 4:30:44 PM10/12/09
In article
<4AD37ECC...@pop.dcn.davis.ca.us>,
Tim Bruening
<tsbr...@pop.dcn.davis.ca.us> wrote:

He was rudely interrupted while boinking
the soldier. There was no scene with him
and anyone else boinking, although for a
moment there I thought he and chloe
would win the ships pool

Tim Bruening

Oct 12, 2009, 6:45:26 PM10/12/09

Jim Gysin wrote:

Why would Scott tell the fantesy priest that his girl friend is 16?

Greg

Oct 12, 2009, 7:04:33 PM10/12/09
> Guys, please don't give them ideas ;)

They don't need ideas. When they get stuck, all they have to do is
break out a "Star Trek: Voyager" DVD and say "How do we rewrite
that??" (Yes, I know the entire SGU is basically ST:V!!!)

Greg

Tim Bruening

Oct 12, 2009, 7:05:42 PM10/12/09

Greg wrote:

Which Voyager episodes would you rewrite?

~consul

Oct 12, 2009, 8:01:48 PM10/12/09
and thus Tim Bruening inscribed ...
> Jim Gysin wrote:
>> Malcom "Mal" Reynolds sent the following on 10/12/2009 1:05 PM:
>>> Tim Bruening

>>> She was at least 17
>> If you guys are talking about the one and only sex scene in the show to
>> date, I'm pretty sure that the woman in question was the soldier that he
>> subsequently pretended not to know very well when they split up to
>> explore the ship. And unless the minimum age for entering the military
>> has been lowered, that would make her at least 18.
> Why would Scott tell the fantesy priest that his girl friend is 16?

It's a flashback. It could have been when he was 16/17 himself.
--
"... respect, all good works are not done by only good folk. For here, at the end of all things, we shall do what needs to be done."
--till next time, consul -x- <<poetry.dolphins-cove.com>>

Ken from Chicago

Oct 12, 2009, 8:26:24 PM10/12/09

"Tim Bruening" <tsbr...@pop.dcn.davis.ca.us> wrote in message

Shepard Book would say he has a "special" place reserved for him.

-- Ken from Chicago

Message has been deleted

Jack Bohn

Oct 13, 2009, 6:38:36 AM10/13/09
Ken from Chicago wrote:

>>> She was at least 17
>>
>> The imaginary priest (who was a figment dreamed up by Scott's brain) said
>> she was
>> 16.
>
>Shepard Book would say he has a "special" place reserved for him.

Scott was likely about 16 at the time, this seemed to be him
deciding to join the Army.

--
-Jack

Message has been deleted

whodunit

Oct 13, 2009, 2:24:31 PM10/13/09
Paul Arthur wrote:
> The priest wasn't imaginary. He was a memory. And since wossface told
> us that the priest who raised him drank himself to death when wossface
> was 16, that kind of means he wasn't older than the girl, eh?
>
> Meanwhile, the soldier he was coitus interruptus with in the pilot is
> probably a different girl, and even if it's the same one she's aged
> right along with him. So not 16.

Lt. Matt Scott. Not the same girl, or he wouldn't have been embarrassed
about knowing her.

Like to see more of her, she's got more gonads than most of the men!
Hope she doesn't turn into a redshirt.

Jette Goldie

Oct 13, 2009, 3:46:38 PM10/13/09
~consul wrote:
> and thus Tim Bruening inscribed ...
>> Jim Gysin wrote:
>>> Malcom "Mal" Reynolds sent the following on 10/12/2009 1:05 PM:
>>> If you guys are talking about the one and only sex scene in the show to
>>> date, I'm pretty sure that the woman in question was the soldier that he
>>> subsequently pretended not to know very well when they split up to
>>> explore the ship. And unless the minimum age for entering the military
>>> has been lowered, that would make her at least 18.
>> Why would Scott tell the fantesy priest that his girl friend is 16?
>
> It's a flashback. It could have been when he was 16/17 himself.

It's a flashback to when he was a teenager thinking about a vocation
to the priesthood himself. Obviously the whole episode made him
change his mind about a career choice.

--
Jette Goldie
jette....@gmail.com

Message has been deleted

Frank Frank

Oct 16, 2009, 12:37:30 AM10/16/09
m�dc�t wrote:
> x-no-archive: yes On Mon, 12 Oct 2009 03:38:29 -0500, "Ken from

> Chicago" <kwicker1...@comcast.net> wrote:
>
>> I have foreseen the future, of STARGATE UNIVERSE:
>>
>> There will be a romance between a couple--one of whom is using the Alteran
>> commstones to inhabit another person's body.
>
> Did you miss all the "controversy" a couple of months ago about just
> this scenario?

Of course not, because there wasn't any. The show hasn't been on that
long yet.

Ken from Chicago

Oct 16, 2009, 2:43:47 AM10/16/09

"m�dc�t" <ab...@127.0.0.1> wrote in message

> x-no-archive: yes On Mon, 12 Oct 2009 03:38:29 -0500, "Ken from
> Chicago" <kwicker1...@comcast.net> wrote:
>
>>I have foreseen the future, of STARGATE UNIVERSE:
>>
>>There will be a romance between a couple--one of whom is using the Alteran
>>commstones to inhabit another person's body.
>
> Did you miss all the "controversy" a couple of months ago about just
> this scenario?

Citation please.

-- Ken from Chicago

Merrick Baldelli

Oct 16, 2009, 8:11:01 AM10/16/09

Nonsense! By all means keep giving them ideas!!! Given that
they don't want to pay royalties to people that post things anywhere
outside of their happy guilds -- creating these ideas will force them
to avoid them at all costs so that they don't get themselves stuck in
litigations.

Name specific people too that will fall in love! If it
happens be sure to prove it and sue their asses for plagiarism.

--
-=-=-/ )=*=-='=-.-'-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
_( (_ , '_ * . Merrick Baldelli

whodunit

Oct 16, 2009, 11:52:07 AM10/16/09
TJ and That IOA official whatshername.
Message has been deleted

Frank Frank

Oct 16, 2009, 9:03:24 PM10/16/09
m�dc�t wrote:
> x-no-archive: yes On Fri, 16 Oct 2009 00:37:30 -0400, Frank Frank
> While she show was being shot, duh!
>
> A rundown of an episode was leaked to the internet and/or media, and
> all hell broke loose.

I never noticed. And I haven't killfiled anyone in this newsgroup (yet).

Merrick Baldelli

Oct 17, 2009, 9:07:26 AM10/17/09
On Fri, 16 Oct 2009 10:52:07 -0500, whodunit
<whod...@invalid.invalid> wrote:

>> Name specific people too that will fall in love! If it
>> happens be sure to prove it and sue their asses for plagiarism.
>>
>TJ and That IOA official whatshername.

That's the spirit... I think.