Passa al primo messaggio da leggere

Andrew Jacobs

da leggere,
19 mag 2017, 12:46:1919/05/17
a Reading Hackspace

At some point they will come and take the gas meter away and cap the pipe.

Tony Short

da leggere,
19 mag 2017, 13:33:0919/05/17
a Reading Hackspace
Thank goodness for that! Though of course I fully expect them to cock up again!

Thanks to Ian and Andrew for finally sorting this seemingly never ending farrago!

mikethebee

da leggere,
19 mag 2017, 15:34:3419/05/17
a Reading Hackspace
YAY, hopefully......

Andrew Jacobs

da leggere,
19 mag 2017, 16:36:5019/05/17
a Reading Hackspace
Ian did all the negotiation and got them to repeat reduced disconnection offer.

Tony Short

da leggere,
23 mag 2017, 19:12:3223/05/17
a Reading Hackspace
As predicted their elbow has failed to communicate with their arse, and we have had another visit from their friendly neighbourhood debt collectors. See the attached letter that was in the space today (23/5/17)

On Friday, 19 May 2017 17:46:19 UTC+1, Andrew Jacobs wrote:
2017_05_24_00_09_28.pdf

Hugo Mills

da leggere,
23 mag 2017, 19:18:0223/05/17
a 'Tony Short' via Reading Hackspace
On Tue, May 23, 2017 at 04:12:32PM -0700, 'Tony Short' via Reading Hackspace wrote:
> As predicted their elbow has failed to communicate with their arse,

In order to find your arse with both hands, you first need to be
able to distinguish it from your elbow...

Hugo.

--
Hugo Mills | This: Rock. You throw rock.
hugo@... carfax.org.uk |

Alex Gibson

da leggere,
24 mag 2017, 05:43:1324/05/17
a reading-...@googlegroups.com
Perhaps we need some sort of reverse sponsorship scheme that nPower could join.

Louize Clarke has recently started a 'Friends of GROW'. Maybe we need an 'Enemies of rLab'?

We could do anti-sponsorship activities, like help to make them more widely known and hopefully avoided by Makerspaces. I've got the ball rolling with a new marketing slogan for them:

Npower

*where N<0

jes...@gmail.com

da leggere,
24 mag 2017, 20:12:2424/05/17
a Reading Hackspace
I love the "You will appreciate that we do not want to disconnect your supply" bit - oh, the irony!

On a more serious note, and seeing that they are throwing around theats of fees, perhaps we should send them an itemised invoice for all the time that has been wasted on trying to sort this out...  People have had success with this in the past! ;)

Eric Rowen

da leggere,
25 mag 2017, 04:26:3625/05/17
a reading-...@googlegroups.com
Do they have a local office ?

Malcolm Napier

da leggere,
25 mag 2017, 17:10:2325/05/17
a Reading Hackspace

My previous experience (with BGas rather than Npower) indicates that the best way is to make an executive complaint. I.e. bypass all the call centres. State that you are now having to expend effort beyond that which could reasonably be expected and will be keeping accurate records of time spent dealing with this matter from now on and you will be charging them for that time at the rate of £1.00 per minute from the point at which you started writing the letter of complaint.

From http://www.energycompanynumbers.co.uk

If however, you would prefer to write to Npower or email Npower, you can find the information for doing so below. If you are making a complaint, we recommend sending your complaint to compl...@npower.com with a CC for executive....@npower.com. Both of these email addresses are operational, and by sending your complaint to both, you have a better chance of a swift response. We have seen people get a response within just a few days using this tactic.

Npower Centre
Oak House
Bridgwater Road
Warndon
Worcester
WR4 9FP

I would expect this to produce contact from a senior director's or a dedicated executive complaints team. With any luck you will get someone who knows what they are doing, has heavyweight backing within the organisation and will take ownership of the problem.

You could also find the approporiate address for OfGEM and copy them in for added "fun".

Keep the records of time spent that point onwards and invoice them at the end. You can suggest that they make a donation of that amount to charity, take it into hackspace funds or waive it, depending on how well you feel that they handled the complaint.

Tom Allen

da leggere,
26 mag 2017, 20:22:4926/05/17
a reading-...@googlegroups.com
Unfortunately my first complaint about this issue was over 18 months ago and my second a year ago. My third in jan 17.  I didnt try ofgem yet but it may be necessary if they dont call off the hounds soon

They are always keen to listen on the phone and say they will get back to you but rarely does anything happen.

On 26 May 2017 7:10 am, "Malcolm Napier" <malcol...@gmail.com> wrote:

My previous experience (with BGas rather than Npower) indicates that the best way is to make an executive complaint. I.e. bypass all the call centres. State that you are now having to expend effort beyond that which could reasonably be expected and will be keeping accurate records of time spent dealing with this matter from now on and you will be charging them for that time at the rate of £1.00 per minute from the point at which you started writing the letter of complaint.

From http://www.energycompanynumbers.co.uk

If however, you would prefer to write to Npower or email Npower, you can find the information for doing so below. If you are making a complaint, we recommend sending your complaint to compl...@npower.com with a CC for executive.complaints@npower.com. Both of these email addresses are operational, and by sending your complaint to both, you have a better chance of a swift response. We have seen people get a response within just a few days using this tactic.

Malcolm Napier

da leggere,
27 mag 2017, 03:56:3427/05/17
a Reading Hackspace
That is why I am suggesting writing (you say "listen on the phone"). Unless recorded, voice conversations provide opportunities for aviodance, wriggling and dissembling. You can also copy regulators, MPs, newpapers, local councillors, etc. with ease.

Also did you make an executive complaint? I.e. speak to a Director or above? These people normally have (small) teams who handle all the issues that they have to deal with. It is not guaranteed, but it is more likely that you will get a reply from someone who has a target to fix the problem.

And finally, if you put a charging clock on the written complaint, you can then invoice and, when they don't pay, apply to a court to have then put into liquidation. I have not had to do the latter two (and I don't suggest that you threaten it). However, I suspect that they can spot people who know what they are doing.

But I have never had to complain to NPower - so they may be different.

From http://www.energycompanynumbers.co.uk

If however, you would prefer to write to Npower or email Npower, you can find the information for doing so below. If you are making a complaint, we recommend sending your complaint to compl...@npower.com with a CC for executive....@npower.com. Both of these email addresses are operational, and by sending your complaint to both, you have a better chance of a swift response. We have seen people get a response within just a few days using this tactic.

Jane Harrison

da leggere,
27 mag 2017, 08:42:4927/05/17
a reading-...@googlegroups.com
Local radio might be worth a punt, I could see Andrew Peach enjoying this one for the breakfast show  ;)

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Reading Hackspace" group.

Eric Rowen

da leggere,
28 mag 2017, 08:16:4328/05/17
a reading-...@googlegroups.com
Regardless of anything else, is there a log of every single communication, every phone call, every letter (in both directions) etc.Plus a copy of all correspondence and a note of the gist of every phone call?

Easy to do at the time, tedious to compile later.

Ian Petrie

da leggere,
6 giu 2017, 07:03:2106/06/17
a Reading Hackspace
The Gas Meter has left the building!

Let the gasman in this morning and he took away the meter.

Ian

On Friday, 19 May 2017 17:46:19 UTC+1, Andrew Jacobs wrote:

Jane Harrison

da leggere,
6 giu 2017, 07:09:3206/06/17
a reading-...@googlegroups.com
Excellent!

So, any bets on when we receive the next demand letter? ;)

Andy Hayward

da leggere,
6 giu 2017, 11:36:1006/06/17
a Reading Hackspace
On Tue, Jun 6, 2017 at 5:09 AM, Jane Harrison <jes...@gmail.com> wrote:
So, any bets on when we receive the next demand letter? ;)

Tomorrow ...

Hugo Mills

da leggere,
6 giu 2017, 11:45:3106/06/17
a reading-...@googlegroups.com
I'll take next Tuesday. Who's running the sweepstake? :)

Hugo.

--
Hugo Mills | You can't expect a boy to be vicious until he's gone
hugo@... carfax.org.uk | to a good school.

Oliver Williams

da leggere,
7 giu 2017, 14:48:0707/06/17
a Reading Hackspace
Or maybe when we get our next bill for gas usage...
Rispondi a tutti
Rispondi all'autore
Inoltra
0 nuovi messaggi