New custom bag from David Banzer/Treetop Bags

Patrick Moore

May 4, 2015, 6:18:41 PM5/4/15
to rbw-owners-bunch, internet-bob
Replaces the Cardiff and many others as I tried to find a bag just the right size for my gofast, to hold modest kit and a 28 oz waterbottle. David made this one to size and it does this perfectly, in the perfect color.

Highly recommended/5 thumbs up/107 Stars/As Seen on TV.

Photos, with a gratuitous one of the bike with the former Ruthworks bag, replaced by this one.

Other professional writing services.
Patrick Moore
Alburquerque, Nouvelle Mexique,  Vereinigte Staaten

*************************************
The point which is the pivot of the norm is the motionless center of a circumference on the rim of which all conditions, distinctions, and individualities revolve. Chuang Tzu

Kinei hos eromenon. It moves as the being-loved. Aristotle

The Love that moves the Sun and all the other stars. Dante

#2 BANZER SEAT BAG WONDERFUL!.JPG
BANZER BAG FOR #2 ROOM FOR BOTTLE.JPG
#2 061414.jpg

Lungimsam

May 4, 2015, 6:26:43 PM5/4/15
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com, intern...@googlegroups.com
Cool bag! Neat bottle holder/divider!

That's a beautiful bike. I love the colors. Is it a metallic finish? Blue is my favorite color.

Patrick Moore

May 4, 2015, 7:07:24 PM5/4/15
to rbw-owners-bunch
Thanks. If you admire mine, I'll admire yours!

It's not metallic, as far as I know -- metallic means little speckly sparkly things in the finish? No speckly things.

Nice as it is, I am thinking of switching from 571 to 559 IF Jan delivers those new, highly desirable 32 mm extra light Compass tires this summer.

On Mon, May 4, 2015 at 4:26 PM, Lungimsam <john1...@gmail.com> wrote:
Cool bag! Neat bottle holder/divider!

That's a beautiful bike. I love the colors. Is it a metallic finish? Blue is my favorite color.

Lungimsam

May 4, 2015, 8:16:03 PM5/4/15
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com, intern...@googlegroups.com
Yeah, metallic has the sparkly stuff in it. But yours looks so good it don't need no sparkles.
You mean 26"x32mm Compass tires?
What's 571? 650c?

Patrick Moore

May 4, 2015, 8:28:36 PM5/4/15
to rbw-owners-bunch
571 bead seat diameter is called 650C (though someone just said this nomenclature refers not to tubulars but only to clinchers -- which in true terminal exactitude aren't really clinchers but "wired ons" (Sheldon!) -- though in my case it's not "wire).

Aside: Jan's proposed 559 tires bridge the annoying gap between 650C -- nothing fatter than 23 mm -- and 559 -- hitherto, no really top of the line tires of racing quality and design (ie, very  supple and very light). Kojaks are close but no cigar.

David Banzer

May 5, 2015, 1:39:20 PM5/5/15
to intern...@googlegroups.com, rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
Patrick,
Glad you and others are enjoying these bags. I started making bags almost a year ago - and it's been a fun experience learning not only how to sew, but how to learn leathercraft and bike bag design. Most of this comes of course from imitating other bagmakers, so thank you to other bagmakers for providing inspiration!
Colors are always fun, and the red has started to grow on me. The best part of making a bag in a requested color is figuring out what to do with leftover fabric. I finally got around to making a rando bag and am pretty pleased with the color: http://s821.photobucket.com/user/dabanzer/media/Bags/CEA4C248-F4FF-409A-85A6-C276595DC7D5_zpsffjrxugk.jpg.html?sort=3&o=7
I'm thinking about doing a small run of rando bags where folks can request a custom height to fit their bike specifically. Thoughts?
David
Chicago

Patrick Moore

May 5, 2015, 2:22:47 PM5/5/15
to David Banzer, internet-bob, rbw-owners-bunch
FWIW: I dubbin'd the similar beige leather on my 2 new Treetop bags and this darkens it just right to make the color even more complementary, IMO. Very pretty bags. (I usually apply dubbin or mink oil to new leather; I also contact-cement a little leather pad over the rivet for the seatpost strap buckle, so as not to scuff my nice Dura Ace seatposts.)

John Wilson

May 8, 2015, 11:09:46 AM5/8/15
to intern...@googlegroups.com, rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
Thumbs up for the yellow seat wedge David Banzer/Treetop bag also. I now resides on my recently 650B-converted A-D Vent Noir ll. It's a perfect match for my classic Overhill handlebar bag (thanks Skip, and I did pad the bars to protect from the Overhill bag support). It's always great to deal with listmembers.

Best,
John Wilson
GBB, PA  USA
AD650b.jpg