For Sale -- Acorn bags

JB

Nov 20, 2015, 4:06:03 PM11/20/15
to RBW Owners Bunch
I've got a used Medium/Large Acorn Saddlebag and a new Boxy Rondo Acorn bag.

The Med/Large saddlebag has some wear at the very bottom where it touched my back rack and the D-rings on the top are a bit discolored. It's the older style with the two pockets on back instead of the zippered side pockets.

The Boxy Rondo Bag was new 3 years ago and has never been put on the bike.  It's in perfect shape.

Can text pictures to interested folks.

Asking $50 for the Medium/Large Saddlebag and $165 for the Boxy Rondo Bag.

PayPal preferred, but will accept other forms of payment.

Tim Gavin

Nov 20, 2015, 4:26:21 PM11/20/15
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
What color are the bags?  Pictures?

JB

Nov 20, 2015, 4:40:25 PM11/20/15
to RBW Owners Bunch
Bags are tan.  I have no idea how to post pictures.  I can text pictures if you text

Peter Adler

Nov 20, 2015, 6:48:15 PM11/20/15
to RBW Owners Bunch
Many of us don't text (or have no means of sending/receiving texts), but would still like to see pictures. So, if the admin will permit me the indulgence, a little off-topic lesson on posting photos to Google Groups:

  1. Locate the photo that you wish to post - JPG, GIF, PNG or PDF formats only.
  2. Log into your desired Google Group through a web browser (this is important - dedicated email clients work differently, and attempts to attach a photo produce mixed results when viewed through a browser. Google Groups is designed to be read in a browser; the tools for handling a post are more predictable when using a browser).
  3. Prepare your message.
  4. If you wish to include a photo in the body of the message, click the button in the toolbar immediately above the text field that looks like a picture, located to the left of the link marked "Link". When you click that button, a new window will appear with a message asking you to either drag the image into the window, or to navigate to the image location on your computer. Do so.
  5. If you wish to include the image as an attachment, click the link marked "Attach a file", in the toolbar immediately below your user ID, between the checkbox to email updates to yourself and to "Edit subject". When you click that link, a new window will appear with a message asking you to navigate to the image location on your computer. Do so.
  6. You may post multiple attachments. The size of all attachments to the message may be no larger than 5MB total. There may also be a size limitation for individual attachments, but I haven't experimented to figure out that limit.
You're trying to sell used items to people who don't know you. Make it easier on potential buyers; show them what they're buying upfront. They may be more willing to pay money to a stranger if they have a clear expectiation of what they're supposed to get in return.

Peter Adler
Berkeley, CA/USA

Zach Duval

Nov 20, 2015, 7:09:21 PM11/20/15
to RBW Owners Bunch
Bugger. I was just thinking today how much I want a tan Acorn rando bag to match my saddlebag. Acorn bags are very well made, and sort of a pain in the neck to come by, but I am so not in a position to afford one at the moment.

Good luck to the new owner of these bags!

Dan McNamara

Nov 20, 2015, 7:34:04 PM11/20/15
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
Just tried to send you an offline email and it bounced. I'll take the ML if still around.

Dan

JB

Nov 20, 2015, 10:02:40 PM11/20/15
to RBW Owners Bunch