Re: [RBW] Quickbeam 58CM Green Machine Phil Wood Hubs Brooks Nitto

Message has been deleted

cyclotourist

Apr 1, 2015, 10:12:51 PM4/1/15
to RBW Owners Bunch
REALLY like those Big Apples! Might have to do that, although that would mean getting rid of the fenders. They look great!

On Wed, Apr 1, 2015 at 8:09 AM, Hobo <antique...@gmail.com> wrote:

Up for sale is my second Quickbeam. Shes a beaut!

Parts shown:
Frame: Rivendell Quickbeam 58cm
Wheels: Phil Wood High Flange anodized orange laced to Velocity rims w/ White Industries 20t freewheel.
Tires: Schwalbe Big Apple 29x2 (10 miles)
Bars: Nitto Albatross
Stem: Nitto
Brakes: Tektro FL750
Brakes: Shimano Deore XT (Ritchey pads)
Crankset: Campagnolo C-Record w/ Salsa 42t ring
Saddle: Brooks B17 Special Honey

Does not come with pedals or bell

If the buyer wants, I can swap out the tires and put brand new Pasela 37s.

Price: $1500
Shipping: $75
Located in Chattanooga, TN

Cheers,
David

Member, Supreme Council of Cyberspace

"it isn't a contest. Just enjoy the ride." - Seth Vidal

Deacon Patrick

Apr 1, 2015, 10:18:25 PM4/1/15
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
How in the world did you find 2" to fit in there? I barely get 38mm MSO's centered and clear, and it's a trick with the forward (high) gear. Perhaps the MSO's knobbies stick out?

With abandon,
Patrick

Jim M.

Apr 1, 2015, 10:50:45 PM4/1/15

On Wednesday, April 1, 2015 at 7:18:25 PM UTC-7, Deacon Patrick wrote:
How in the world did you find 2" to fit in there?

It's a squeeze but it's been done on other Qb's.

cyclotourist

Apr 1, 2015, 11:53:12 PM4/1/15
to RBW Owners Bunch
I'm so going there! I have some Marathon Supremes getting fairly worn down. Love 'em, but they're a bit skinny @ 37mm. As I mentioned, I would have to give up fenders, which 95% of the time isn't a problem. Nice having them though, and I have a wired fender mounted light I would have to deal with. That's the bigger concern!

Hobo

Apr 3, 2015, 11:18:58 AM4/3/15
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the kind words.

The tires barely fit in there. But wow are they a comfortable ride!

The TT is effectively a bit higher due the large sidewall of these tires.

Someone buy this guy! I can't ride 10 bikes!

cyclotourist

Apr 3, 2015, 1:31:21 PM4/3/15
to RBW Owners Bunch
I bet you could justify keeping it somehow!!!

Does that large of a tire with tight clearances limit the adjustability of the drivetrain? I see you have it set up as a true SS without a double chainring/DOS freewheel sort of arrangement.

Hobo

Apr 8, 2015, 1:42:39 AM4/8/15
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
It could potentially be limiting. If you for what ever reason wanted to run a very large rear freewheel cog (24+) with the current chain which would bring the axle all the way forward in the drop out. You would have some clearance problems due to the narrowing of chain stays close to the seat tube.

cyclotourist

Apr 8, 2015, 2:18:22 AM4/8/15
to RBW Owners Bunch
Thanks for the info. In theory I can change the gearing on my QB due to the double chainrings and DOS freewheel, but in practice I keep it 40X18T all the time. Just wondering if there was enough chainstay clearance w/ the BAs to let me change to a 32X18T (moving backwards) or the 40X16T (forward). Sounds like the forward option is more problematic. Definitely thinking about getting some, just have to be sure I want to give up fenders.

Hobo

Apr 11, 2015, 11:06:23 AM4/11/15
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
Price lowered to $1400!