From Just Ride to Racing

Michael Hechmer

Jul 27, 2015, 9:21:08 AM7/27/15
to RBW Owners Bunch
This mornings mail brought me this note from my son in ElCerrito about our 34 month old granddaughter, Xingyue, (aka, XYZ)  and her bicycle exploits.

"here are some recent snapshots... mostly of the kid and a few of the garden.

it's time to start picking hops. of my 6 hop vines, 2 died, 2 struggled and muddled through and 2 went ape shit. i was able to get the four survivors through to harvest just on rain water from the cistern, though we're empty now.

the yearly neighborhood criterium came to town this weekend. while i barely checked in on le tour this year, i wasn't beyond walking one block over to watch the local yokels-- the course orbited the playground anyway. xyz took part in her first bike race, or any "organized" race. i was sort of leaning against it, thinking it best to keep her away from that sport until she is old enough to mountain bike and drink beer (i mean really drink beer). but fun was had by all. we got to the startline to learn the race was for 4yo and up. nobody had asked us at registration and nobody asked at the line. so onward she raced. she navigated the whole course, half up a gentle slope, without a push... the cat's out of the bag next time she's looking for a little parental motor power uphill! afterward she asked if there would another race."

Here are a pair of photos (hopefully I have now wrestled Flicker to a draw).  First Album: Tour de El Cerrito

Michael

Patrick Moore

Jul 27, 2015, 11:55:21 AM7/27/15
to rbw-owners-bunch
That is very cute. It reminds me of how my toddler daughter would accompany me to the nearby grocery store, first on her parent-steered tricycle, later on her 12" wheel bicycle. She'd ride up and down the aisles with me.

Other professional writing services.
Patrick Moore
Alburquerque, Nouvelle Mexique,  Vereinigte Staaten

The point which is the pivot of the norm is the motionless center of a circumference on the rim of which all conditions, distinctions, and individualities revolve. Chuang Tzu

Kinei hos eromenon. It moves as the being-loved. Aristotle

The Love that moves the Sun and all the other stars. Dante

Patrick Moore

Jul 27, 2015, 11:55:57 AM7/27/15
to rbw-owners-bunch
And look at that Q factor!