Wow the new grey Cheviots are gorgeous!!!

Tim

Sep 16, 2016, 11:24:42 PM9/16/16
to RBW Owners Bunch
They're all beautiful but man, oh man, those grey ones. And they're the last ones for several years! I'm not so sure that I'm going to be able to stop myself from buying two of them, a 60cm for me and a 55 for her...I've got no room, no parts and still have a tandem coming...I'm feeling faint...

Bob Lovejoy

Sep 17, 2016, 10:45:04 AM9/17/16
to RBW Owners Bunch
I am biased as I am indeed in the queue for a 60cm grey Cheviot...  I only wanted to say that regardless of the bikes chosen to stay in the Riv mix, I would vote for that grey and cream to *always* be in there somewhere.

It may be a week or two before I get mine, and the build may take a little time, but I will post pictures when built up.  I am excited!!  And, yes, riding on a matched pair of those grey Cheviots would make any day better!

Just sayin'.... I think Grant (or someone) was alluding to the possible selling out of the 55's - though I have not checked that.  Still...

Bob Lovejoy
Denver, CO

Clayton.sf

Sep 17, 2016, 10:50:26 AM9/17/16
to RBW Owners Bunch
It is neat that they changed some details even for the orange. Mine is all orange. New ones have cream accents. Both are nice.

Just put some new Snoqualmie pass tires on mine. The ride now is even amazinger! Truly a sheep with wings.

Love that bike! If I lost mine today, I'd get another tomorrow.

Clayton Scott
SF, CA

SeanMac

Sep 17, 2016, 12:32:13 PM9/17/16
to RBW Owners Bunch
I went back-and-forth quite a bit before deciding to pre-order a grey Cheviot.  I finally pulled the trigger because of Grant's statement that this bike may being going away.  I also really like the cream accents on these frames - a detail that was missing from the last version of the Cheviots.

After seeing the pictures online yesterday, I am even happier that I chose to place my order, as I think they look great.  Quite simply, I think that the grey is a classy looking frame.  Can't wait to see it up close.

Sean
East Aurora, NY

Michael Hechmer

Sep 17, 2016, 5:56:25 PM9/17/16
to RBW Owners Bunch
I love my blue Ram and my wife's blue Betty, but I do think that over the years RBW has put out more than enough blue frames.  I have a very early grey Saluki and if the new grey cheviot  looks that good, then it's gorgeous.  I'm sorry I missed out on the original orange Ram and am pleased to see that color making a comeback.

Michael

Jon Dukeman,central Colorado

Sep 17, 2016, 7:30:19 PM9/17/16
to RBW Owners Bunch
I think all the colors are great.
I ordered a blue one.
I went back and forth... Orange..grey...blue...decisions decisions....going down the road at 40 mph...doesn't matter...😃

SeanMac

Sep 18, 2016, 9:43:11 PM9/18/16
to RBW Owners Bunch
Clayton,

As I eagerly await the arrival of my grey Cheviot, I continue to contemplate the last details of the build.  Everything is in place except for the wheels and tires.  I've yet to try any of the Compass tires, but I am intrigued by the new Snoqualmie Pass tires.  I would love to hear your thoughts on the ride that those tires provide on your Cheviot.

Thanks,
Sean
EA, NY

Clayton.sf

Sep 19, 2016, 12:57:12 PM9/19/16
to RBW Owners Bunch
Only been riding that particular compass tire since last week. So far they are great! Roll well amd grip well. Used them on paved amd fire roads.
Have had compass tires in other sizes and am a fan. Used to go with the EL versions, but had one ride stopping sidewall cut once. Not really a valid sample size, but it made me switch to standard casing this go around. Tires are easy to mount. Wish they were all black.
On my 60cm cheviot they are an excellent fit with plenty of breathing room with fenders. They measure 41mm on my dt tk540 rims with tunes but will likely stretch a little more.
Hope this helps,
Clayton Scott
SF, CA

Sean McAtee

Sep 21, 2016, 5:56:41 AM9/21/16
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
Thanks, Clayton.  That information is quite helpful.

Sean

Clayton.sf

Sep 21, 2016, 12:03:12 PM9/21/16
to RBW Owners Bunch
one more thing to add for city riding. The tread is thick enough to resist minor glass shards from puncturing immediately, but they tend to embed themselves in the tires and eventually puncture the tube if left unattended. Picking over the tires and dislodging glass and other debris is something that I started doing once or twice a week. Seems to reduce punctures.

Best,
Clayton Scott
SF, CA

On Mon, Sep 19, 2016 at 12:57 PM, Clayton.sf <clayt...@gmail.com> wrote:
Only been riding that particular compass tire since last week. So far they are great! Roll well amd grip well. Used them on paved amd fire roads.
Have had compass tires in other sizes and am a fan. Used to go with the EL versions, but had one ride stopping sidewall cut once. Not really a valid sample size, but it made me switch to standard casing this go around. Tires are easy to mount. Wish they were all black.
On my 60cm cheviot they are an excellent fit with plenty of breathing room with fenders. They measure 41mm on my dt tk540 rims with tunes but will likely stretch a little more.
Hope this helps,
Clayton Scott
SF, CA

Ryan Fleming

Sep 21, 2016, 2:14:33 PM9/21/16
to RBW Owners Bunch
Thanks. Clayton ..that's  an excellent  tip. I was a little dismayed that I've been getting flats with my McClure Passes, but I have noticed that the tread does pick up small stones and therefore glass....etc and I think that's the culprit given that there's no "armour" unlike the Pasela Tourguards I replaced.