Two projects!

Fullylugged

Dec 4, 2018, 7:58:25 AM12/4/18
to RBW Owners Bunch
So both of my RBW products are off-line for refurbishment. The 1995 Road Prototype developed a crack in the left chainstay near te BB shell. Allen Wanta in Clearwater FL has it for replacement (He'll use Columbus or Dedacciai instead of the Reynolds 753-heavy wall) and will re-spray it. It will keep its current colors: Light English Blue (it was originally built at Waterford and that is one of their colors) with cream (the same cream as the decal color) lugs and bi-plane fork crown. Allen was much more reasonable in price than Waterford and his lead time is about 9 weeks. Btw, even Waterford's price was 1/3 the cost of buying an equivalent new lugged frame, so GP was spot on when he spoke about the long term value of a repairable steel frame. And this particular bike is unique as far as I know and a keeper. I have ridden the tar out of it since acquiring it off this list in 2008.
The 2006 Rambouillet is stripped down for re-painting. No structural repairs needed by the paint is heavily beausaged. This bike has had skinny tires and fat, been on pavement and gravel and been set up factory with noodles and upright with flipped mustache bars. It is going to be painted an old Ford color, Amber (also called Sunset on Mustangs) Gold. I saw it on a Mustang and loved it for a bike. It will keep a cream headtube but I'm saving a little by not painting the lug windows as original. Have a few stuck screws to drill out before bringing it up to Nathan Barnes in Pelham AL. He paints cars during the week and bikes on weekends. Again, very reasonable in price. He did my old Nashbar Mark III in (Toyota) Barcelona Red 2 years ago and it still looks superb. Named "Ferrous Beuller" it's a UJB crit racer in Tange tubes converted to an excellent 650B bike. My fair weather brevet bike as it has no eyelets for fenders. Nathan paints only. No frame repairs.
Decisions still need to be made on the re-builds! Doubles? Triples? 1 of each? handlebars? :) They were both triples. May do a compact double on the Road and keep a triple on the Ram. We'll see. Nitto 135 Rando bars I think for the Ram this time and drops for the Road. It'll be fun!

Cody Bartz

Dec 4, 2018, 9:55:21 AM12/4/18
to RBW Owners Bunch
Fun projects! Post photos after the paint/builds.

Karl

Dec 4, 2018, 10:52:10 AM12/4/18
to RBW Owners Bunch
Ditto on the photos... the 1995 Prototype sounds like. holy girl bike for sure!

Karl
Nashville, TN

RichS

Dec 4, 2018, 8:49:11 PM12/4/18
to RBW Owners Bunch
Bruce,

Fun for sure! Like getting two new bikes. What are you using for decals? As I recall, Ram decals are no longer available.

Looking forward to the photos.

Best regards,
Rich in ATL

bruce.h...@gmail.com

Dec 4, 2018, 9:41:01 PM12/4/18
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
working with another list member, we found a source in MS who made them for us at a reasonable price. They came out pretty well I think, and I'll post pictures after the job is done.

Mark in Beacon

Dec 5, 2018, 7:13:11 AM12/5/18
to RBW Owners Bunch
Holy girl bike? Is that a southern thing?

Karl wrote:
> Ditto on the photos... the 1995 Prototype sounds like. holy girl bike...
> Karl
> Nashville, TN
>
> On Tuesday, December 4, 2018 at 6:58:25 AM UTC-6, Fullylugged wrote:So both of my RBW products are off-line for refurbishment.  The 1995 Road Prototype developed a crack in the left chainstay near te BB shell. Allen Wanta in Clearwater FL has it for replacement (He'll use Columbus or Dedacciai instead of the Reynolds 753-heavy wall) and will re-spray it. It will keep its current colors: Light English Blue (it was originally built at Waterford and that is one of their colors) with cream (the same cream as the decal color) lugs and bi-plane fork crown.  Allen was much more reasonable in price than Waterford and his lead time is about 9 weeks. Btw, even Waterford's price was 1/3 the cost of buying an equivalent new lugged frame, so GP was spot on when he spoke about the long term value of a repairable steel frame. And this particular bike is unique as far as I know and a keeper. I have ridden the tar out of it since acquiring it off this list in 2008.

Karl

Dec 5, 2018, 8:44:04 AM12/5/18
to RBW Owners Bunch
It could be... but meant grail... I need to proofread more often

Karl
Nashville, TN

Mark in Beacon

Dec 5, 2018, 2:07:12 PM12/5/18
to RBW Owners Bunch
Holy girl bike, Batman! It's a Clementine!

Ana Candela

Dec 11, 2018, 11:57:11 AM12/11/18
to RBW Owners Bunch
Wavie!! Have you seen the photo in the latest blahg? I think it’s the rivviest handlebar 😍 They should make it a postcard, too. Maybe it’s the holy girl/grail handlebar ;) Have fun with the builds!