FS: Carradice Bagman quick-release brackets and adapters

Jim S.

Jan 27, 2022, 1:16:16 PM1/27/22
to RBW Owners Bunch
I have three of these for sale. $50 each, shipping included.

You get both the bracket, and new adapters and big thick zipties that attach the adapter to your saddle bag so that it fits the quick-release bracket. These work great, if you have a saddle bag that you want to easily switch among bikes, or if you have a saddle bag that you remove when you reach your destination.

Here's a pretty good product description:

https://www.perennialcycle.com/bagman-quick-release-clamp.html

Please note: these are not Bagman Expeditions. That is, there is no metal support piece that your saddle bag rests on. I think these are most useful if you have a rear rack that your saddle bag can rest on.

Here are photos:

Jim S.

Feb 4, 2022, 6:30:28 PM2/4/22
to RBW Owners Bunch
bump. $45 each, shipping included.

Robert Hakim

Feb 4, 2022, 10:52:33 PM2/4/22
to RBW Owners Bunch
I have the QR bag support, but I snapped the plastic bit that attaches to the bag. Do you know if it is possible to source just the plastic piece? I would hate to have to spend $50 on the whole bundle when the majority of it would go unused.

-Robert

Hetchins52

Feb 5, 2022, 2:23:42 AM2/5/22
to RBW Owners Bunch
The stiffness inherent in the leather straps that come with most saddle bags is usually sufficient to create a semi-permanent loop protruding from the bag (with buckles on the inside). If that is the case, I've found that I can more easily attach that bag than if I'm using one with the Bagman black plastic adapter piece in place. The adapter requires a more precise alignment to allow the two sprung pins to slide "home."
And, as all the pieces are black, I have trouble seeing the alignment. It's easier to see what's happening with just the straps there and you can hook up one loop at a time.
If you still have the straps, try it!
David Lipsky
Berkeley, CA

Matt

Feb 5, 2022, 9:35:04 AM2/5/22
to RBW Owners Bunch

Robert,
It looks like it is possible to buy just the plastic bag plate.  Here's the link to the part on the Carradice website.
Cheers!
Matt

James M

Jun 1, 2022, 3:53:35 PM6/1/22
to RBW Owners Bunch
Hi, Jim - any of these still available?  I would take one.

James

Jim S.

Jun 1, 2022, 4:29:35 PM6/1/22
to RBW Owners Bunch
yup, all 3 are available.

Jim S.

Oct 10, 2022, 6:20:08 PM10/10/22
to RBW Owners Bunch
bump. 2 of these are still available. Price drop to $45 each, shipping included.

David Lipsky

Oct 10, 2022, 7:11:46 PM10/10/22
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com, Jim S.
Hi Jim,