Direkt zur ersten ungelesenen Nachricht

Eric Grim

ungelesen,
30.12.2019, 22:16:3530.12.19
an RBW Owners Bunch
I was looking thru some old files at the Hunqapillar fliers/Reader excerpts.  Some illustrations show a double top tube in the larger sizes, like the one on (for example) the Joe Appaloosa.  One, hiowever, shows an unpainted frame with a diagonal tube between the top and down tubes.  I've never seen one in the flesh, or even many pics.  Did the "diagatube" (Grant's word) make it to production, and if it did, on what sizes?  Was the Hunqapillar a short-lived model?  How do you pronounce "Hunqapillar", anyway?

Thanks, Eric Grim (Spokane)

Joe Bernard

ungelesen,
30.12.2019, 22:38:3330.12.19
an RBW Owners Bunch
The diagatube was production on larger models (don't know what the size cutoff was), you'll see a bunch on a Google Images search. The parallel tubes ended up on a few Bombadils, which Hunq was the cheaper version of.

HUNK-UH-PILL-ER

Jan O.

ungelesen,
30.12.2019, 22:55:1130.12.19
an RBW Owners Bunch
The diagonal tube is on the size 58 and up. A 58 Hunqapillar will me my next Rivendell... one day.

Jan
San Francisco

Joe Bernard

ungelesen,
30.12.2019, 23:04:4230.12.19
an RBW Owners Bunch
Oh, I missed a question. Hunqapillar was around most of this decade, I believe it started around 08-09. You don't see them for sale much though, people seem to love them and keep them.

Deacon Patrick

ungelesen,
30.12.2019, 23:05:2630.12.19
an RBW Owners Bunch

Chris L

ungelesen,
30.12.2019, 23:15:1930.12.19
an RBW Owners Bunch
I have several of the old Hunqapillar brochures saved on my computer and the one where Grant states they have received the first frames shows a diagatube bike, so I'm guessing the parallel tubes were only on some prototypes.

The (old model) 54 Hunqapillar is the largest with a single top tube.  The brief 2nd model of Hunqapillar had different sizes but I know the 56cm had a single top tube.  I'm guessing the next size up would have a diagatube.

Eric Grim

ungelesen,
30.12.2019, 23:40:5630.12.19
an rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
Nice pics, Deacon Patrick.  Some of those brochures you have, Chris L, might be the ones I have.  Mine aren't dated tho, and so I wasn't sure which was the final iteration of the prototypes.  Neat bike.  Joe, I had no idea it was in production so long.  I think I missed it because I had some spine issues that were only resolved with a fusion procedure a couple of years ago.  As my functionality has returned I've gotten back into bicycling, and bought my first Riv earlier this year (a NOS 2017 Appaloosa).  Anyway thanks everyone for the info.  Eric, Spokane

Chris L

ungelesen,
01.01.2020, 12:45:0201.01.20
an RBW Owners Bunch
Eric, you are probably correct that we have the same brochures.  There weren't many published that I know about and I think I have maybe four or five, including the final "sales" brochure.

I've compared the geometry of the 55 Appaloosa and my 54 Hunqapillar and the only thing that would affect the ride difference, geometry-wise, is the longer chainstays on the Appaloosa (52.5 cm vs 46 cm on my size 54 Hunq).   Also, I think the Appaloosa may have quite a bit stouter tubes than the Hunqapillar.  The Hunqapillar was a budget version of the Bombadil, which I believe had some .8 main tubes, so I'm guessing the Hunqapillar is similar, but I've never seen actual numbers.  Will gave me the tube thicknesses of the Appaloosa and it's STOUT.  I don't remember the exact numbers but there were some 1.2's in the main tubes.

Timothy Hurley

ungelesen,
01.01.2020, 15:56:4201.01.20
an RBW Owners Bunch
Is there a way to post those brochures? I’d love to see them.

James Warren

ungelesen,
01.01.2020, 18:00:2201.01.20
an rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com

Diagatubes were standard on the largest two sizes, 58 and 62 cm.

Parallel double top tubes were never standard. They did exist on several prototypes, because parallel double top tube was almost the design. But late in the design process, Riv changed it to diagatube before officially releasing the bike.

Bombadils of the era (which predated Hunqapillar by a bit) did come standard with parallel double top tube. But eventually those too switched to diagatube as well (and included diagonal tubes in the rear triangle as well.)

-Jimmy

On Dec 30, 2019, at 7:16 PM, Eric Grim <erec...@gmail.com> wrote:

I was looking thru some old files at the Hunqapillar fliers/Reader excerpts.  Some illustrations show a double top tube in the larger sizes, like the one on (for example) the Joe Appaloosa.  One, hiowever, shows an unpainted frame with a diagonal tube between the top and down tubes.  I've never seen one in the flesh, or even many pics.  Did the "diagatube" (Grant's word) make it to production, and if it did, on what sizes?  Was the Hunqapillar a short-lived model?  How do you pronounce "Hunqapillar", anyway?

Thanks, Eric Grim (Spokane)

Allen antworten
Antwort an Autor
Weiterleiten