How to install f.lux in qubes ? (screen dimmer orange)

bearhairy

Sep 20, 2016, 3:39:45 PM9/20/16
to qubes-users
how can I install flux into my qubes ?

f.lux fixes this: it makes the color of your computer's display adapt to the time of day, warm at night and like sunlight during the day.
https://justgetflux.com/

I know it needs to be installed in dom0 but what command do i need to type to also get the graphical interface where I can manually regulate the orange tone it gives?

flux

Sep 21, 2016, 6:33:00 AM9/21/16
to qubes-users
Redshift https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Redshift_(software)

Is available to install via qubes-dom0-update

fluux

Sep 21, 2016, 8:02:21 AM9/21/16
to qubes-users
On Wednesday, September 21, 2016 at 12:33:00 PM UTC+2, flux wrote:
> Redshift https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Redshift_(software)
>
> Is available to install via qubes-dom0-update

redshift is too red , I would like to get the orange f.flux with the little window in the upper right corner where you can adjust the intensity.

Max Zinkus

Sep 21, 2016, 11:34:31 AM9/21/16
to qubes...@googlegroups.com, vincent.ma...@gmail.com
The parameters for redshift are all very much so tunable to your preference, check out the documentation online.

Additionally, f.lux doesn't run on Linux iirc do it wouldn't work inside dom0, which is where it would have to be to dim the whole screen.

Max Zinkus

Sebastian Jug

Sep 21, 2016, 8:07:23 PM9/21/16
to qubes-users, vincent.ma...@gmail.com

Flux works very well on linux... https://justgetflux.com/linux.html

Max Zinkus

Sep 21, 2016, 8:52:33 PM9/21/16
to Sebastian Jug, qubes-users, vincent.ma...@gmail.com

Apparently so. I believe it's closed source though? Either way redshift is effectively equivalent.

Max Zinkus