The AI market in 2020, a forecast

Antti Ylikoski

Nov 22, 2016, 5:16:09 PM11/22/16
to Shen

I attach in this group entry four files, which I received over the
Internet.  They concern the Artificial Intelligence market.

Those files are brochures and advertising samples, and therefore I can
safely post them here.

The salient points in the communication that I received are as
follows.

The forecast of the AI market in 2020 says that the clearly largest
segments of the AI market will be the Machine Learning (such as
Artificial Neural Networks) and the Natural Language Processing.

The ML market has been forecast to be some USD 30 billion by the year
2020.

The NLP market has been predicted to be some USD 13 billion in 2020.

The whole AI market has been forecast to be some USD 50 to 60 billion
in 2020.

Therefore, the Shen community are in a good company.

yours, Dr A. J. Y.
Helsinki, Finland, the E.U.

Brochure - Artificial Intelligence Market – Global Forecast to 2020.pdf
Brochure - Natural Language Processing Market – Global Forecast To 2021.pdf
Sample - Artificial Intelligence (AI) Market - Global Forecast to 2020.pdf
Sample - Natural Language Processing Market – Global Forecast To 2021.pdf

Terry Palfrey

Mar 17, 2017, 2:39:47 PM3/17/17
to Shen
With flawed polls and surprised outcomes of votes Taleb has written some thoughts.
I don't know if this would be a good shen exercise to develop a tool.

Antti Ylikoski

Mar 18, 2017, 9:23:21 AM3/18/17
to Shen
Hey, really good, but what does this have to do with that which I posted?

And Taleb looks like a weird variation of the Sefer HaYe'shua name Caleb, which IIRC is the Hebrew for "eager", "enthusiastic".

yours, AJY
Nondescript place
Finland

Terry Palfrey

Mar 18, 2017, 11:44:08 AM3/18/17
to Shen
In particular, with relation to the Ai market I was wondering if the maths and method would lend themselves
to an expert dashboard constructed in Shen as a demonstration of a more accurate reading for elections and
polls in this 'fake news' and 'alternate fact' era.

Taleb wrote a series of books one of which was "The Black Swan".

Antti Ylikoski

Mar 19, 2017, 2:53:47 AM3/19/17
to qil...@googlegroups.com
As to fake news:

What does the code word PALFREY to do with that which I have written?  What does that have to do with what I have written?

And the tiny tiny nation of Finland have 1000 years of history within Christianity.

yours, Dr AJY
Helsinki, Finland, the EU

Antti Ylikoski

Mar 26, 2017, 7:38:08 AM3/26/17
to Shen

I would like to comment to the code word(s) CARL SHAPIRO and TERRY
PALFREY -- IF they are indeed code words(?).

I think I can interpret the code name CARL SHAPIRO, it is clear modern
Hebrew.

As to CARL and FREYJA etc etc:

My U.S. lawyer acquaintances told me of the story of the famous Shroud
of Turin.  I got the impression that the word Turin has been derived
from the alleged idol name Thor.  Thursday has been named after Thor;
the French for Thursday is Jeudi, which has been derived from the
Latin Iovis dies, the day of Jupiter, the ancient Roman idol.  Jupiter
was the main idol of the ancient Latin people.

The first Christian influences in Scandinavia are approximately from
the year 300AD, approximately the same time as the Emperor Constantine
the Great chose Christianity for the state religion of the IMPERIVM
ROMANVM.

From the year 1200AD on, the tiny country of Finland was entirely
Catholic Christian.  There has been a memory from that time in
the center of Helsinki: the restaurant called the VATICAN CLUB.  I
think it still is there today.

From about the year 1500 on, Finland has been Lutheran Christian.
Lutherans interpret their faith as the state religion: the membership in
the Christian church is mandatory, as is teaching Christianity in
schools.

Then people present to me code word(s) such as CARL, FREYJA, and the
Shroud of Turin.  Interesting.

I think that it was Bertrand Russell who said that if he had the
political power necessary for that, he could seriously make everybody
believe that common water freezes at 100 degrees centigrade, and
ordinary water boils at zero degrees centigrade.

yours, AJY