Mahotas paper

Luis Pedro Coelho

Aug 30, 2012, 6:36:50 AM8/30/12
to python...@googlegroups.com
Hello list,

As I previously mentioned, I am working on a mahotas paper. It is near
completion and I plan to submit it to the Journal for Open Research
Software (http://openresearchsoftware.metajnl.com/)

I attach a draft and welcome comments from the community. The original
sources are at https://github.com/luispedro/mahotas-paper

If you have published something using mahotas please let me know so I
can cite it as an example of use (you get an extra citation ;). I mostly
tried google scholar to get the references.

Best,
Luis
mahotas.pdf

amue...@ais.uni-bonn.de

Aug 30, 2012, 8:00:05 AM8/30/12
to python...@googlegroups.com
You misspelled Gael ;)

Stéfan van der Walt

Aug 30, 2012, 9:16:15 AM8/30/12
to python...@googlegroups.com
Hey Luis

On Thu, Aug 30, 2012 at 3:36 AM, Luis Pedro Coelho <lu...@luispedro.org> wrote:
> I attach a draft and welcome comments from the community. The original
> sources are at https://github.com/luispedro/mahotas-paper

Thanks for citing our NumPy paper. Would you mind renaming it "Van
der Walt et al." instead of "Walt et al."?

I think your paper would be stronger under review if you at least
mention some other packages with similar functionality, such as
opencv, Pink, scikits-image, etc.

Stéfan

Luis Pedro Coelho

Aug 30, 2012, 9:52:57 AM8/30/12
to python...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for your comments. I will fix the citation.

The next version will have timing comparisons with skimage and opencv.

Best, Luis
--
Luis Pedro Coelho