Re: [GAME] Rose

Message has been deleted

Stephen Lavelle

Dec 6, 2016, 10:51:47 PM12/6/16
to Jared Piers, PuzzleScript
oh wow this is pretty fun - I can see why pen+paper might be useful - there's some really fun deductive reasoning in the levels :D  zzztime now, I'll try get further tomorrow :)

On Wed, Dec 7, 2016 at 3:27 AM, Jared Piers <jpier...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello,

This is my first game on puzzlescript or any other medium.  Any feedback is welcome.  Play as much as you'd like.

If you plan on playing till the end, you will likely need a paper and pen.  Graph would be most helpful but lined will do as well.

CHz

Dec 7, 2016, 12:14:34 AM12/7/16
to PuzzleScript
Is this not a solution to floor 4, right side? http://imgur.com/a/2PkRg The only thing I can think of is that the green node in the upper left isn't connected to anything, but I'm pretty sure it's impossible to connect it, and a floor 3 puzzle had a disconnected green node and that solution took.

Solved everything except that one, floor 7, and the balcony puzzle on floor 4, which I'm... really not having any fun at all trying to hammer into place for some reason. The random one on floor 6 was also rather tedious without actually being challenging.

Alan Hazelden

Dec 7, 2016, 10:27:20 AM12/7/16
to CHz, PuzzleScript
It took me a while to realise that the stairs were stairs. The downwards ones stand out and look good, the upwards ones blend in to the ground - I spent some time wandering around wondering what I was missing.

Bug: on the rooftop garden, you can walk through the walls in the bottom-left and bottom-right corners.

Jared Piers

Dec 7, 2016, 10:45:47 AM12/7/16
to PuzzleScript, plasm...@gmail.com
Yes, that should be a solution/ the solution to that puzzle.  I'll check it out tonight as well as the other bug and the stairs, which I do agree are a bit too blended in.  Thanks for the feedback!

As for the random puzzle and the floor 4 balcony puzzle, those two are there for a reason, but the reason is theme related rather than gameplay related.  You don't have to complete them
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to puzzlescript...@googlegroups.com.
Message has been deleted

david.p...@gmail.com

Mar 13, 2018, 10:04:40 PM3/13/18
to PuzzleScript
I’ve been trying to get your game Rose working with Puzzlang, but I’m having some trouble. It throws up errors when loaded into the Puzzlescript editor, and won’t compile at all in Puzzlang.

Did you ever fix the errors?

Jared Piers

Mar 13, 2018, 10:52:45 PM3/13/18
to PuzzleScript
Here is a version of the game that runs in puzzlescript with no errors.  Hope it works for you.
Rose.txt

david.p...@gmail.com

Apr 14, 2018, 4:16:12 AM4/14/18
to PuzzleScript
On Wednesday, 14 March 2018 13:52:45 UTC+11, Jared Piers wrote:
> Here is a version of the game that runs in puzzlescript with no errors.  Hope it works for you.

Oops! Sorry about the delay, I missed your response.

Thanks for that. Looks like Puzzlang still has problems dealing with special characters, and Rose has heaps of them. Working on it...