New version of NDVI plugins on GitHub

Ned Horning

May 24, 2013, 2:49:24 PM5/24/13
to publicla...@googlegroups.com
Hi -

I wanted to let folks know that I just updated the ImageJ NDVI plugin on GitHub: https://github.com/nedhorning/PhotoMonitoringPlugin

I added the following functionality and updated the user guide accordingly.
Add parameter setting to the log file created when running the dual-image plugin
Capability to save settings between run with an option to restore default values
An option to clip or not clip the dual-image plugin output images
Two new plugins to work with single vis/nir images like those created using a superBlue filter

I did some simple testing but it is quite possible that I broke something as I was adding functionality. Please let me know if you notice any problems or if you have suggestions for improvements.

All the best,

Ned

Jeffrey Warren

May 24, 2013, 3:14:54 PM5/24/13
to publicla...@googlegroups.com, plots-i...@googlegroups.com, grassroo...@googlegroups.com
Great news, Ned, especially with the Infragram project launching. Can you add a little more info to the near infrared camera page? There's a section under:

http://publiclab.org/wiki/near-infrared-camera#How+to+process+your+images:

Would you consider posting a short wiki page about the PhotoMonitoringPlugin, so that it shows up in searches on the Public Lab site? It could be just a couple sentences and a link to the Github page. I'm happy to help flesh it out.

Jeff

Ned Horning

May 24, 2013, 5:17:57 PM5/24/13
to publicla...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jeff,

Sure - I can add some text to that page. Can you Insert a heading where it should go then I'll add a couple paragraphs describing the plugin.

I should be able to figure out how to add a Wiki page but I might have to wait until Tuesday. If you have ideas about what it should include you can feel free to create some headings that I can fill in. I'm not all that adept at making things look nice so any advice is appreciated.

Ned

Nischay Gupta

Dec 14, 2015, 9:20:23 AM12/14/15
to The Public Laboratory for Open Technology and Science
Hello Ned,

On using the Photo monitoring plugin in ImageJ and creating NDVI using single Image, i am getting black NDVI image and greyscale color map image as output even after trying different luts including NDVI-.VGYRM.lut. I have attached the screenshot too.

I am not getting green color for plants. Please help !! :(
Capture.PNG

Chris Fastie

Dec 15, 2015, 7:12:09 AM12/15/15
to The Public Laboratory for Open Technology and Science, plots-i...@googlegroups.com
Switching to plots-infrared Google Group...

Nischay, could you add the original photo you used? Which lut produced the NDVI results shown?

Chris

Nischay Gupta

Dec 15, 2015, 7:52:39 AM12/15/15
to publicla...@googlegroups.com, plots-i...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Here are the original photos. I used various luts including NDVI-VGYRM
but with every image, i am
getting only black NDVI image and greyscale colormap image.

Please let me know if i could get colored images showing green, yellow stuff.

Thanks !!
> --
> Post to this group at publicla...@googlegroups.com

> Google Groups "The Public Laboratory for Open Technology and Science" group.
> To unsubscribe from this topic, visit
> https://groups.google.com/d/topic/publiclaboratory/PoybNwHHGoY/unsubscribe.
> publiclaborato...@googlegroups.com.

Warm Regards !!
Nischay Gupta.
+91-9560072360
1.JPG
2.JPG

Ned Horning

Dec 15, 2015, 9:12:46 AM12/15/15
to publicla...@googlegroups.com
Hi -

I processed your image using the default settings for the "Single image
index processing from displayed image" plugin. Much of the NDVI image
has very low NDVI values. Can you let us know which filter you are
using. It looks like you applied a custom white balance. If you did can
you let us know how you set the white balance.

Ned

Nischay Gupta

Dec 16, 2015, 11:32:56 AM12/16/15
to publicla...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Thanks a lot for helping.

I used Rosco #2007 filter. Yes, the images i mailed you were custom
white balance. I set the white balance, shooting the orgami blue paper
using the camera in the environmental conditions i clicked the images.

I have a couple of Automatic white balanced images too. I have
attached them. With them too, i am getting complete black NDVI image.
Even with the test sample images in your plugin, i am getting black
NDVI Image and not colorful NDVI images. Please help !!

Thank you !
1.JPG
2.JPG