Resolution failures in Europe?

Perryn Fowler

Sep 16, 2022, 10:14:19 AM9/16/22
to public-dns-discuss
Hello there,

We have a number of customers, predominantly in the UK, that are currently unable to

Personally I am in Australia where everything is working perfectly, however if I VPN to somewhere in London then https://dns.google/query?name=app.fresho.com reports ""Status": 2 /* SERVFAIL */,"

However I am still personally able to access the site and all my `dig` commands seem to resolve properly.

Some of our customers have reported that changing their DNS settings to 1.1.1.1 allows resolution while 8.8.8.8 does not.

We are also finding that email to our domain is failing to be delivered.

Any pointers or help would be greatly appreciated.

Tianhao Chi

Sep 19, 2022, 11:01:27 AM9/19/22
to public-dns-discuss
I do not see the resolution failure on our end. Is this issue still occurring? And do you have some further information, like the dig command output showing the failure? Please also refer to our trouble shooting guide: https://developers.google.com/speed/public-dns/docs/troubleshooting/domains.

Perryn Fowler

Sep 20, 2022, 1:58:43 PM9/20/22
to Tianhao Chi, public-dns-discuss
The problem was with netregistry in Australia. We addressed the impact to our systems by migrating off them last Saturday, and I have also just now received notification that they have fixed the underlying problem.

Thanks for taking a look :)