Czech Translation 1.9.8 + issues in English template

Jan Turoň

Oct 5, 2019, 7:46:27 AM10/5/19
to phpliteadmin
Hello, I send the Czech translation, I also found these issues:

db_not_writable in 1.9.8 is a very similar to key db_not_writeable in 1.9.5 - I kept both. Note that the old version uses %s token and the new not.
help10_x - Partial indexes are indexes over a subset of the rows... - I believe you meant columns
lang_cz.php

Christopher Kramer

Oct 5, 2019, 1:34:11 PM10/5/19
to phpliteadmin
Thank you. I updated the Czech language file in the repository.

Regarding the issues in the English file:
1.
db_not_writeable and the new database_not_writable (note: database instead of db) has a very similar key but is for a different kind of issue. The old one is in case the database cannot be created because the directory is not writeable. This is a severe problem. The new one is in case the database exists but is not writeable, i.e. can only be viewed but not written to. This is a very different case.
Sure, the names for the keys (esp. the old one) may not be chosen well. Bur we really need both.

2. No, partial indexes are really indexes over a subset of rows, not columns. See: https://www.sqlite.org/partialindex.html

Greeting,
Christopher

jan turoň

Oct 6, 2019, 12:51:23 PM10/6/19
to phplit...@googlegroups.com
Oh,
I confused the term for composite index, my bad. I translated it wrong, the "help10_x" line should be

"help10_x" => "Částečné indexy jsou indexy nad podmnožinou řádků tabulky používané v části WHERE. K tomu je zapotřebí verze SQLite 3.8.0 a novější, databázové soubory s částečnými indexy nebudou čitelné ani zapisovatelné ve starších verzích. Viz též <a href='https://www.sqlite.org/partialindex.html' target='_blank'>SQLite dokumentaci.</a>",

I send the corrected version in attachment.
Jan Turoň

lang_cz.php