Requesting CORE games before the end of time...

Corey Cunningham

Mar 17, 2018, 5:11:07 PM3/17/18
to Pathfinder Society Online Collective
Sure, I know it's a long long time until PF1 retires/defnuctifies/etc., but as we all can attest, 1 year or 16 months or whatever will fly by before we know it. I've had a ton of fun times playing Plogg! with some folks on here, and wonder if any generous GM can run my 11.1 to 12th level? Even better would be if someone wanted to run Core Eyes of the Ten!

So what is the general mood of the GMs of the world, regarding the pending change? Does it make running games less relevant/enticing?

Game on!
- Corey

Ken Jenks

Mar 24, 2018, 8:59:58 AM3/24/18
to Pathfinder Society Online Collective
I'm up for Core games!

I don't think "The End of Time" is coming soon. We still have a few years left in this thing.

-- K

Luc Villeneuve

Apr 18, 2018, 10:35:02 PM4/18/18
to Pathfinder Society Online Collective
I have a core dwarven barbarian-cleric that done done all 3 bonekeeps (BK3 in 2.5 hours) that I'd like to play...and do Eyes of the Ten,

pari...@gmail.com

Aug 24, 2018, 7:49:09 PM8/24/18
to Pathfinder Society Online Collective
As for the change over, who cares if they stop publishing new seasons of society? How many people have played more than 50% of all available seasons? Still plenty of things to do.

As to Core. I know zero people currently interested in Core. This means if I were to post a game it would be 100% random fate if 3 people would notice it in time and sign up for it. But that isn't my style. I usually do an interest gauge during one of my Stay-Cations and let the first person to respond pick the time (sometimes the scenario). Even that level of you get to have exactly what you want has failed in the past (you know, a dozen views and zero replies). I deleted my last stay-cation attempt here since it looked sad with no responses.

If I were to offer a Core Scenario what are the chances within 3-4 days people notice and sign up?

JP Chapleau

Aug 24, 2018, 8:00:15 PM8/24/18
to pathfinder-society...@googlegroups.com

I never cared for the idea of Core and do not play them, you are correct.

I may play some of the other stuff... Depending on logistics

JP

As for the change over, who cares if they stop publishing new seasons of society? How many people have played more than 50% of all available seasons? Still plenty of things to do.

As to Core. I know zero people currently interested in Core. This means if I were to post a game it would be 100% random fate if 3 people would notice it in time and sign up for it. But that isn't my style. I usually do an interest gauge during one of my Stay-Cations and let the first person to respond pick the time (sometimes the scenario). Even that level of you get to have exactly what you want has failed in the past (you know, a dozen views and zero replies). I deleted my last stay-cation attempt here since it looked sad with no responses.

If I were to offer a Core Scenario what are the chances within 3-4 days people notice and sign up?

Corey Cunningham

Aug 24, 2018, 8:59:47 PM8/24/18
to pathfinder-society...@googlegroups.com
I am not sure how often players watch PFSOC these days. I'm not a big social media type person, but I think more players look for games on Discord.

In any case, to answer your query, I would love to play a few more Core games and retire PLOGG!

Game on!
- Corey

- Corey
--
Be a Gamer, Be a Dork - Be a Gamerdork!

pari...@gmail.com

Aug 24, 2018, 9:12:18 PM8/24/18
to Pathfinder Society Online Collective
I'll see if there is any more interest in this thread unless you know two others already willing to join you.

Please suggest 3 scenarios you'd like to play (No, not eyes of the 10, you can't play that yet), and I'll look at the level of prep they involve.

Being on vacation I am very open on time. What time would work for you later next week? Such as on a Thursday?

Corey Cunningham

Aug 24, 2018, 9:26:34 PM8/24/18
to pathfinder-society...@googlegroups.com
Well I have 2 xp to retire my only Core PC; that will be it for me unless 12+ is offered down the road. Here are 3 scenarios I've never played:
  • The Mantis's Prey
  • Portal of the Sacred Rune
  • Vengeance at Sundered Crag
As for timing, I can generally be ready at 6 pm CT on weeknights. However this week is already filled, but I could maybe do Tue or Wed night. Otherwise not available again until 9/5. There used to be a group of a few players with whom I played several scenarios, but it's been months so they've probably retired by now. (Wish I took better notes on adventure companions!) Great group of players.

In any case, thanks for offering!

Rob Burdette

Aug 25, 2018, 11:41:57 AM8/25/18
to Pathfinder Society Online Collective
I too love Core and would love to get into any of those suggested scenarios.
Hey Corey, there is some talk of a Core table for the special at TPKon in Sept. That could get you one more XP as I think we'll shoot for tier 10-11.

Corey Cunningham

Aug 25, 2018, 1:06:34 PM8/25/18
to pathfinder-society...@googlegroups.com
Hi Rob -thanks! Which special, and what day/time (if known)?

On Sat, Aug 25, 2018 at 10:41 AM, Rob Burdette <nicole...@gmail.com> wrote:
I too love Core and would love to get into any of those suggested scenarios.
Hey Corey, there is some talk of a Core table for the special at TPKon in Sept.  That could get you one more XP as I think we'll shoot for tier 10-11.

pari...@gmail.com

Aug 25, 2018, 3:29:16 PM8/25/18
to Pathfinder Society Online Collective
I like the concept of Core. I really hated one of my regular GMs dancing around the subject about the role of classes such as fighter. After nearly two years a new player was around and asking questions and I was interrupted by the GM to break in and say Fighter is only useful to gain a feat or two to pay a feat tax. If you want to be a melee fighter don't be a fighter.

Nothing against new classes being introduced but when someone actually gets irritated and says: This isn't the 1970's, pathfinder is not about Fighting-Man, Mage, Thief, and Priest, it is the 21st century and a game for Bloodrager, Oracle, Kineticist, and Alchemist.... I started to have a fondness for Core myself but never had any chance to play it. My only dislike is all the cool traits that I used to make skills class skills for certain characters are not legal.

I will take the bait and see if Core really is desired. I will also vent my frustration at some people and make a brand new event with a very unPC name such as Online RPG Cigar Lounge to be my new Core event and offer Two low level scenarios and Vengeance at Sundered Crag. If you two and others are interested be on the look out for new posts. I'm aiming to get some GM credit during my little stay-cation from work this year.

Ron

Aug 26, 2018, 11:25:34 AM8/26/18
to Pathfinder Society Online Collective
A really silly or possibly horrible thought occurred to me.

I assumed you meant Central Time. Did you? I forgot to look up timezones before and realized CT could mean two other things.

Corey Cunningham

Ron

Aug 26, 2018, 11:45:57 AM8/26/18
to Pathfinder Society Online Collective
Alright, everything is good then. The Eastern time translates into 6:30 pm central if you'll ignore the one off EST which is a typo since we're on daylight right now I believe.

Rob Burdette

Aug 27, 2018, 2:55:18 AM8/27/18
to Pathfinder Society Online Collective
Sun Sept 23 3pm Eastern during TPKon