Load Users to OWF With A Script?

Beth Wheeling

Jan 7, 2015, 9:59:32 AM1/7/15
to ozonepla...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I would like to extract several users from our LDAP directory and load them into OWF.  I would prefer not to add each user manually into OWF, as there are many LDAP users.  Is there a way I can do this?

Thanks,
Beth

Tina Coleman

Jan 7, 2015, 10:59:42 AM1/7/15
to ozonepla...@googlegroups.com

Beth:

You could integrate directly with LDAP, actually, and only allow in users tagged with some group or attribute that you deemed fit.  OWF's security is "pluggable", meaning you can connect it with a variety of backing authentication and authorization stores.  See https://github.com/ozoneplatform/owf/wiki/OWF-7-Configuring-OWF-Security for an explanation of how it works and what to do to configure your auth and auth handshake.  Then start with the sample plugins in the owf-security zip file that distributes with OWF.  Also consult the https://github.com/ozoneplatform/ozone-security project on GitHub to catch any fixes or tweaks in examples since your bundle came out...

Tina Coleman

NEXTCENTURYCORPORATION
7075 Samuel Morse Drive, Suite 250 | Columbia, MD 21046
m 443.545.3100 | f 443.285.0799 |www.nextcentury.com

Jan 7, 2015, 11:07:26 AM1/7/15
to ozonepla...@googlegroups.com
Tina,

We are already using a security plugin to authenticate users from our LDAP directory.  So the user is added, but only when he/she logs into OWF.  What I would like to do is pre-load users into OWF without them having to log in.  I prefer not to pre-load the users manually in OWF as there is a large number of users.

Tina Coleman

Sent: Wednesday, January 7, 2015 11:07 AM
To: ozonepla...@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: Load Users to OWF With A Script?