Too much memory consumption after multiple insertions

Sotiris Beis

Jan 16, 2014, 6:24:47 AM1/16/14
to orient-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
I have the following code: http://codeviewer.org/view/code:3b21

I want to measure the time for the insertion of a block, where the block is consisted from 1,000 nodes and the corresponding edges. To be more clear my dataset is an edge list and when I find a new node I add to the database. Every line is an edge so in every line I add and edge. When 1,000 nodes have added I print the needed time. I want to commit every time a node or edge is added, in order to simulate a single insertion. My problem is that the memory consumption is too much. It needs more that 3GB of ram for a graph of approximately 403,394 nodes and 3,387,388 edges. I think that the problem comes from the index that is stored in memory. Is there any better way?

Thanks in advance.

Andrey Lomakin

Jan 16, 2014, 7:40:07 AM1/16/14
to orient-database
Hi,
If you need you can decrease  memory consumption using following parameter storage.diskCache.bufferSize , if you use plocal storage.

--

---

Best regards,
Andrey Lomakin.

Orient Technologies
the Company behind OrientDB

Andrey Lomakin

Jan 16, 2014, 8:13:09 AM1/16/14
to orient-database
This parameter set db cache memory consumption in megabytes, so you can use set it to reasonable value.

Sotiris Beis

Jan 16, 2014, 8:16:04 AM1/16/14
to orient-...@googlegroups.com
How can I determine wether my value is reasonable or not?

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "OrientDB" group.

Andrey Lomakin

Jan 16, 2014, 11:53:28 AM1/16/14
to orient-database
Hi
I mean you should give DB as much RAM as possible without using of swap.

Sotiris Beis

Jan 16, 2014, 5:05:42 PM1/16/14
to orient-...@googlegroups.com
Ok Andrey thank you.