network monitoring tool

937 vues

SKapoor

non lue,
23 mars 2017, 07:40:0923/03/2017
à OpenWISP
Hi Federico ,

        Hope you doing good :)

I want to know which monitoring tool is good to be integrated as part of openWISP-2  which can give us the information on wireless clients and other wireless properties like SNR etc.
I have brought in Observium networking monitoring tool ( SNMP based application), it gives all the network monitoring information but not getting any wireless client related information or any other wireless properties info.
Please, help me.

Regards

marco.cappellacci

non lue,
23 mars 2017, 07:48:4723/03/2017
à OpenWISP
Hi!
I'm Marco I have about 300 hot spot.
I use openwisp 2 and I integrated zabbix for monitor the devices.
I can get wireless clients and a lot of usefull information.

Zabbix agent is already in the openwrt repository and I  configure it through openwisp2.

Hope this help.

Regards

SKapoor

non lue,
23 mars 2017, 08:03:1523/03/2017
à OpenWISP
Thanks so much Marco..
I will integrate and check , if any doubts will discuss :)

Regards

Federico Capoano

non lue,
23 mars 2017, 08:04:5323/03/2017
à SKapoor,OpenWISP

If anyone could write a tutorial for this it would be great :-)

Fed

SKapoor

non lue,
23 mars 2017, 08:07:3423/03/2017
à OpenWISP
I can work on the tutorial  and Marco is older than me in terms of using zabbix he can review it :)

regards,

Federico Capoano

non lue,
24 mars 2017, 06:57:0224/03/2017
à OpenWISP
On Thursday, March 23, 2017 at 1:07:34 PM UTC+1, SKapoor wrote:
I can work on the tutorial  and Marco is older than me in terms of using zabbix he can review it :)

Sure! If you write it we'll help you with the review.

Federico

sonia kapoor

non lue,
24 mars 2017, 07:51:1724/03/2017
à Federico Capoano,OpenWISP
Will write Federico..

SKapoor

non lue,
25 mars 2017, 13:58:5725/03/2017
à OpenWISP
Hi Marco,

I am successfully able to bring-up the zabbix -server ..
Questions:
1. In openwrt (choas calmer) I enabled all the option of zabbix except zabbix-server and compiled the code, and loaded once the router comes up,  I edited the zabbix_agentd in the router to add server Ip address and hostname and restarted the router, once it comes up i can see zabbix daemon running as part of routers process status, but in zabbix server machine I am not able to see agents details, Is it the polling/ discovery protocol which automatically detects zabbix-agent or we have to add via hosts in zabbix server.

2.  How are you configuring zabbix agent via openwisp2 ?

Some connectivity missing.. If you could please help me..

regards,

On Thursday, 23 March 2017 17:18:47 UTC+5:30, marco.cappellacci wrote:

Marco Cappellacci

non lue,
25 mars 2017, 18:38:1625/03/2017
à open...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I active autoregistration through activeserver parameter. https://www.zabbix.com/documentation/3.2/manual/discovery/auto_registration

Unfortunately the agent isn't "ucified" and I configure it through configuration file /etc/zabbix_agentd.conf
If you help I'd like to ucified it.

This is my openwisp2 configuration (advanced mode) for zabbix:

{
    "files": [
        {
            "path": "/etc/zabbix_agentd.conf",
            "mode": "0644",
            "contents": "EnableRemoteCommands=1\nServer=10.8.0.3\nServerActive= 10.8.0.3\nStartAgents=1\nHostname = {{ name }}\nAllowRoot=1\nInclude=/etc/zabbix_agentd.conf.d/\nLogFile=/var/log/zabbix.log\nDebugLevel=3\nTimeout=3"
        }
    ],
    "zabbix_agentd": [
        {
            "config_name": "zabbix_agentd",
            "config_value": "zabbix_agentd",
            "EnableRemoteCommands": true,
            "Server": "10.8.0.3",
            "StartAgents": true,
            "Hostname": "{{ name }}",
            "AllowRoot": true,
            "Include": "/etc/zabbix_agentd.conf.d/",
            "LogFile": "/var/log/zabbix.log"
        }
    ]
}

First part is the real configuration for zabbix, the second is a little workaround for openwisp2, it allow to restart zabbix agent through openwisp-config agent.

I hope it help.

Regards

Marco

Federico Capoano

non lue,
27 mars 2017, 05:51:5727/03/2017
à OpenWISP
The deamon is needed because the openwisp-config deamon calls a script which reloads deamons which have their configuration changed.

The script in question is in /usr/sbin/openwisp-reload-config which in turn is a slight variation of the default /bin/reload_config script present in OpenWRT.

This workaround could not be necessary if the maintainers of the zabbix openwrt package could improve the integration with openwrt (use UCI for configuration directives and register the agent to procd).

Federico

SKapoor

non lue,
27 mars 2017, 11:27:2827/03/2017
à OpenWISP
thanks Marco.. What I am seeing is in my router box is:

root@EE-0C-BD-2E-C6-2A:/# cat /tmp/zabbix_agentd.log
  1211:20170327:143822.517 Starting Zabbix Agent [zabbix]. Zabbix 2.4.6 (revision 54796).
  1211:20170327:143822.517 using configuration file: /etc/zabbix_agentd.conf
  1211:20170327:143822.518 agent #0 started [main process]
  1218:20170327:143822.520 agent #1 started [collector]
  1219:20170327:143822.521 agent #2 started [listener #1]
  1220:20170327:143822.522 agent #3 started [active checks #1]
  1220:20170327:143822.523 active check configuration update from [192.168.1.102:10051] started to fail (cannot connect to [[192.168.1.102]:10051]: [1)
  1220:20170327:143934.745 active check configuration update from [192.168.1.102:10051] is working again
  1220:20170327:145138.331 active check configuration update from [192.168.1.102:10051] started to fail (cannot connect to [[192.168.1.102]:10051]: [4)
  1220:20170327:151340.688 active check configuration update from [192.168.1.102:10051] is working again

but zabbix server says :
zabbix agent on zabbix is unreachable for 5mins.
Attached is the screenshot for the same.

what is wrong here still this is not integrated in openwisp2 ?

Surely, will also use UCI commands once we do will pass it on.

regards,
Screenshot from 2017-03-27 20:53:16.png

SKapoor

non lue,
27 mars 2017, 11:29:5227/03/2017
à OpenWISP
Federico , working on bringing up the zabbix server/client and the tutorial part.
yes , will make it as UCI based configuration once everything works fine.

On Monday, 27 March 2017 15:21:57 UTC+5:30, Federico Capoano wrote:

marco.cappellacci

non lue,
29 mars 2017, 09:27:3729/03/2017
à OpenWISP
Is the zabbix server and device in the same lan network?
Do you add autodiscovery rule in zabbix admin interface?

sonia kapoor

non lue,
29 mars 2017, 14:22:2029/03/2017
à open...@googlegroups.com
Yes , they are in the same LAN..

Auto discovery rule is added under configuration->action tab...I can see router host name getting added as part of auto registration but still in the dashboard zabix server having problem and the zabix agent which gets added as part of auto registration it's graph , other configuration are not getting updated..
I m still working on it ..let me take a day and come back to you again with success/ failure :)

Regards

SKapoor

non lue,
30 mars 2017, 07:47:1730/03/2017
à OpenWISP
Hi Marco,

    Many things to learn and understand in zabbix ...OMG..
Finally , I am able to see my router getting auto-registered as part of zabbix server and I am also able to see the network interfaces traffic (incoming and outgoing ) graphs.
when I connect a client to my router I don't see any tx/rx , wireless clients connection in nutshell I am not able to see the wireless properties information of router in zabbix server.
Is there any special wireless package which has to be added as part of zabbix agent or zabbix server to get this wireless properties stats ?

Here is the screenshot of the network interface which is detected by zabbix server.

regards

Screenshot from router.png

SKapoor

non lue,
30 mars 2017, 13:09:3330/03/2017
à OpenWISP
Hi Federico,

Attached is the Installation guide for Zabbix server/agent.
Please, let me know if this is fine. Also in this guide zabbix integration steps to openWISP-2 is not available not reached at that point yet.

Let me know if this fine , taking help from Marco for integration of wireless properties.

Will update further once 100% done.

Regards,

On Friday, 24 March 2017 17:21:17 UTC+5:30, SKapoor wrote:
Will write Federico..
On Fri, 24 Mar 2017 at 4:27 PM, Federico Capoano <federico...@gmail.com> wrote:
On Thursday, March 23, 2017 at 1:07:34 PM UTC+1, SKapoor wrote:
I can work on the tutorial  and Marco is older than me in terms of using zabbix he can review it :)

Sure! If you write it we'll help you with the review.

Federico

Tutorial-zabbix.pdf

Alberto Crespo

non lue,
30 mars 2017, 16:26:4830/03/2017
à OpenWISP
Hi everybody,

I have installed zabbix server but I have a few questions?

 - In zabbix server has a message saying that the server is not running

 - I am trying to create the agent for Openwrt using the tutorial but, where is the Openwrt folder?

"Installing zabbix agent in openwrt - Goto to openwrt folder (Package is already available as part of openwrt calmer code base) make menuconfig -> adminstartion -> zabbix save and exit"

Thank you so much!!!
Will write Federico..

Alberto Crespo

non lue,
30 mars 2017, 17:03:0430/03/2017
à OpenWISP

sonia kapoor

non lue,
30 mars 2017, 22:35:3830/03/2017
à open...@googlegroups.com

I have selected both the packages..

Federico Capoano

non lue,
31 mars 2017, 04:27:5931/03/2017
à OpenWISP
Hi Sonia,

it looks good. Could you add a section that explains how to prepare a template for the zabbix agent?

Do you have experience in writing in Markdown or ReStructured Text?

If you want to try this I will create a new repository and give you write access to it so you can convert the text and images you have written in one of those formats.

This will allow me to automatically generate HTML from the text, so I can link it on the openwisp website.

Let me know if you have time and want to do this, it would be a great contribution!

Federico

SKapoor

non lue,
31 mars 2017, 04:57:2631/03/2017
à OpenWISP
I will be happy to contribute :)
I have other commitments too the only thing is sometimes it can take little more time as expected for the deliverables.
So, give me assignments which are not the highest priority if they are please let me know well in advance.
I hope you understand.

comments inline..

On Friday, 31 March 2017 13:57:59 UTC+5:30, Federico Capoano wrote:
Hi Sonia,

it looks good. Could you add a section that explains how to prepare a template for the zabbix agent?
[Sonia]: Sure will add a section for the same.

Do you have experience in writing in Markdown or ReStructured Text?

If you want to try this I will create a new repository and give you write access to it so you can convert the text and images you have written in one of those formats.
[Sonia] : I know UML but no experience in writing  in Markdown or ReStructured Text but surely I would like to try out the same :) possible give me the access .

Federico Capoano

non lue,
31 mars 2017, 05:01:2731/03/2017
à open...@googlegroups.com
Sure, any contribution you can give is according to your own availability.

Do you have a github account?

Federico

SKapoor

non lue,
31 mars 2017, 06:32:4431/03/2017
à OpenWISP
Thanks so much federico..

github account :

regards

Federico Capoano

non lue,
31 mars 2017, 06:45:0131/03/2017
à open...@googlegroups.com
I gave you write access to this new repository:

https://github.com/openwisp/tutorials

Create a directory named "zabbix-integration" and write a document there. I would prefer ReStructured Text, but Makrdown may be easier for you. If you write it in Markdown I will convert it to ReStructured Text when I have time.

Federico

Marco Cappellacci

non lue,
31 mars 2017, 06:48:3431/03/2017
à open...@googlegroups.com
Great!
I will contribute!

SKapoor whitch version of zabbix do you use? 2 or 3?

I'm using 3

Many thanks

SKapoor

non lue,
31 mars 2017, 07:34:0131/03/2017
à OpenWISP
Hi Marco,

I am using Zabbix-server 3.2.4 and Zabbix Agent (daemon) v2.4.6 (revision 54796) (10 August 2015)
Compilation time: Mar 23 2017 19:09:24

thanks :)

Alberto Crespo

non lue,
31 mars 2017, 10:31:1031/03/2017
à OpenWISP
Hi.

I have problems connecting the Agent to the Server.

I have installed the zabbix_agentd version. Following your tutorial I have done the step 1 (filling up the Server and ServerActive with my ServerIp) in the file /etc/zabbix_agentd.conf

But I have problems with the Step 2: I dont know how I can proceed to active the AutoRegistration. Which is the file I have to edit to active the AutoRegistration?

The readlog shows that message:

root@ConselhoQuarteraoTeste:/tmp# logread | grep zabbix
Fri Mar 31 11:21:09 2017 daemon.info procd: Instance zabbix_agentd::instance1 s in a crash loop 6 crashes, 0 seconds since last crash

Thank you so much :)

Marco Cappellacci

non lue,
31 mars 2017, 11:03:5331/03/2017
à open...@googlegroups.com
Hi

I'm using this packages for zabbix agent
zabbix-agentd - 3.0.3-1
zabbix-extra-mac80211 - 3.0.3-1
zabbix-extra-network - 3.0.3-1
zabbix-extra-wifi - 3.0.3-1

I collect all data and doesn't have any issues.

Why use zabbix agent V2 with zabbix server V3?

Thanks

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "OpenWISP" group.

Alberto Crespo

non lue,
31 mars 2017, 11:10:2831/03/2017
à OpenWISP
Could you pass the download link for these versions?
Thank you
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to openwisp+u...@googlegroups.com.

Marco Cappellacci

non lue,
31 mars 2017, 11:16:5431/03/2017
à open...@googlegroups.com
Version 3 of zabbix agent is in the default repository

take a look

sonia kapoor

non lue,
31 mars 2017, 11:46:0931/03/2017
à open...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
Please , go to configuration->actions
Create action by selecting auto registration in the zabix server.
Once auto registration is done go to host group of
Zabix server you should see your host details on that page..
Let me know if this works for you
Regards

sonia kapoor

non lue,
31 mars 2017, 11:53:2231/03/2017
à open...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Marco..
May be its a zabix version issue let me redo and chk the same..

I m not able to access both zabix and openwisp2 webpage at the same time ...do I need to stitch these two webpages or I need to change the port info of either zabix or openwisp2 ?

Thanks

sonia kapoor

non lue,
31 mars 2017, 11:54:3931/03/2017
à open...@googlegroups.com
By default zabix  v2 is part of my openwrt calmer codebase..didn't realise

On Fri, 31 Mar 2017 at 8:33 PM, Marco Cappellacci <marco.ca...@gmail.com> wrote:

Alberto Crespo

non lue,
31 mars 2017, 12:09:3331/03/2017
à OpenWISP
Hi,

So, if I have understood correctly, I have to edit the /etc/zabbixagentd_conf/ with my IPServer address in the Server and ServerActive fields.

After that and following your tutorial, I have to go to the Zabbix Server and create the AutoRegistration Action. That is ok.

But I dont understand the part that you saying "Once auto registration is done go to host group of  Zabix server you should see your host details on that page.." .

After that I can see just that in my HostGroups MenuTab (image 1 attached).

If I go to Monitoring -> Dashboard I can see a problem reported saying that  (image 2 attached).
Zabbix serverZabbix agent on Zabbix server is unreachable for 5 minutes

In my OpenWrt, the logread is stilling saying that the zabbix_agent daemon crashes after 6 attempts.

So, what I am doing wrong?

After creating this AutoRegistration-Action (Server) & filling up the /etc/zabbixagentd_conf with the IpServer (openWRT), the communication between agent and server should be working? I have to do something else?

Thank you.

Alberto Crespo

non lue,
31 mars 2017, 12:50:4631/03/2017
à OpenWISP
Maybe the problem is because I am using Public IP ????

Thank you !!

sonia kapoor

non lue,
31 mars 2017, 12:57:2631/03/2017
à open...@googlegroups.com
I don't see any problem setup wise..
Zabix server/agent should be in the same LAN..

Regards

On Fri, 31 Mar 2017 at 10:20 PM, Alberto Crespo <alberto....@gmail.com> wrote:
Maybe the problem is because I am using Public IP ????

Thank you !!

Alberto Crespo

non lue,
31 mars 2017, 13:47:3231/03/2017
à OpenWISP
Hi again,

So, they are on the same LAN. The router has Local IP range: 172.16.2.X and the server is on the same LAN but using a Public IP like 186.225.x.y . I can ping successfully from the server to the Router Local IP, so they are on the same LAN...

So, I have changed the ServerIP to a Local IP 172.16.2.X and modified the zabbix_agent_conf with the new Local IP and still the same problem.

Could you give some suggestion?

Thank you!

Alberto Crespo

non lue,
31 mars 2017, 13:50:0831/03/2017
à OpenWISP
In the /etc/zabbix_agent_conf I have defined the FileLog as /var/log/zabbix.log but seems that the daemon doesnt creates this FileLog.

Maybe is because the daemon is not working correctly?

Thank you for your patience !!

Alberto Crespo

non lue,
31 mars 2017, 14:14:4631/03/2017
à OpenWISP
It would be great if  we could edit our own posts (I am spamming :( )

Maybe this error is the key?? "Get value from agent failed: cannot connect to [[127.0.0.1]:10050]: [111] Connection refused" in Configuration -> Hosts

Sorry if I am doing a stupid question.

Thank you !

SKapoor

non lue,
31 mars 2017, 14:22:0431/03/2017
à OpenWISP
please check  process status in your agent side:

root@EE-0C-BD-2E-C6-2A:/# ps -w | grep zabbix
 1211 root      1320 S    /usr/sbin/zabbix_agentd -c /etc/zabbix_agentd.conf -f
 1224 root      1320 S    /usr/sbin/zabbix_agentd: collector [idle 1 sec]
 1225 root      1320 S    /usr/sbin/zabbix_agentd: listener #1 [waiting for connection]
 1226 root      1328 S    /usr/sbin/zabbix_agentd: active checks #1 [idle 1 sec]
 1613 root      1356 S    grep zabbix

if all are running ..Also change you logs dumping path to /tmp/zabbix_agentd.log

Also, sending you my configuration file , please compare and see all good..

regards
zabbix-agentd.conf

Alberto Crespo

non lue,
31 mars 2017, 14:54:0731/03/2017
à OpenWISP
checking # ps -w | grep zabbix
2137 root 1176 R grep zabbix

Nothing more appears.

I have changed the FileLog location and the file is not created.

Our /etc/zabbix_agentd_conf is the same.

Any idea?

Thank you

marco.cappellacci

non lue,
31 mars 2017, 15:13:1131/03/2017
à OpenWISP
Can you copy and past the output of this command?

logread | grep zabbix

Alberto Crespo

non lue,
31 mars 2017, 15:23:2831/03/2017
à OpenWISP
root@ConselhoQuarteraoTeste:~# logread | grep zabbix Fri Mar 31 15:47:27 2017 daemon.info procd: Instance zabbix_agentd::instance1 s in a crash loop 6 crashes, 0 seconds since last crash

SKapoor

non lue,
3 avr. 2017, 07:27:4003/04/2017
à OpenWISP
Hi

Are you out of the problem ?

regards

Alberto Crespo

non lue,
3 avr. 2017, 12:12:2803/04/2017
à OpenWISP
Hi,

Still the same problem. The zabbix log file (on OpenWRT trunk version for Unifi Lite) is not been created by the zabbix daemon so it makes difficult to know where the error is...

Which OpenWRT version have you installed?

Thank you

sonia kapoor

non lue,
3 avr. 2017, 12:27:4603/04/2017
à open...@googlegroups.com
I have installed chaos calmer 15.0.5..

Just a suggestion if you can take vanilla flavour  of openwrt and check ...may be some other algorithm
Killing the zabix deamon..

Regards

Alberto Crespo

non lue,
3 avr. 2017, 13:33:2603/04/2017
à OpenWISP
Sorry but I dont know nothing about vanilla flavour. Do you know some tutorial/information?

Thank you

sonia kapoor

non lue,
3 avr. 2017, 13:53:4903/04/2017
à open...@googlegroups.com
Sorry my words misleads you :)
I mean to say please download the clean code from GitHub compile it and chk..

Alberto Crespo

non lue,
3 avr. 2017, 14:02:5203/04/2017
à OpenWISP
Zabbix agent openWrt code you mean?

thanks

sonia kapoor

non lue,
3 avr. 2017, 22:38:4603/04/2017
à open...@googlegroups.com
Yes plz

mord reneth

non lue,
4 avr. 2017, 03:32:5004/04/2017
à OpenWISP
Alberto

Thats the agentd running on the SERVER....not the agent running on the router ;)
(Zabbix is trying to monitor itself.....)

As for the agent on the router crashing.....try running it in foreground......you'll see any errors appear on the console...

Alberto Crespo

non lue,
4 avr. 2017, 09:12:4504/04/2017
à OpenWISP
Mord,

Could you explain me how I can proceed to run it in foreground?

Thank you so much

mord reneth

non lue,
4 avr. 2017, 10:04:3004/04/2017
à OpenWISP
use the init script to stop agent (probably /etc/init.d/zabbix_agentd stop ..... i'm not sure as I havent got round to installing client on my routers yet)....

then run:

/usr/sbin/zabbix_agentd -c /etc/zabbix_agentd.conf

mord reneth

non lue,
4 avr. 2017, 10:07:3104/04/2017
à OpenWISP
opps.......missed the -f....

command is:

/usr/sbin/zabbix_agentd -c /etc/zabbix_agentd.conf -f

Alberto Crespo

non lue,
4 avr. 2017, 10:36:4304/04/2017
à OpenWISP
Mord,

Something very strange appears when I try to run that command: /usr/sbin/zabbix_agentd -c /etc/zabbix_agentd.conf -f
root@ConselhoQuarteirao:/# /usr/sbin/zabbix_agentd -c /etc/zabbix_agentd.conf -f
-ash: /usr/sbin/zabbix_agentd: not found

But this file "/usr/sbin/zabbix_agentd" exists !!! I can see and access it by vim..

Any idea?

Thank you

Alberto Crespo

non lue,
4 avr. 2017, 10:42:1304/04/2017
à OpenWISP
The /usr/sbin/zabbix_confd file is full of symbols like the attached image:

mord reneth

non lue,
4 avr. 2017, 10:49:3204/04/2017
à OpenWISP
/usr/sbin/zabbix_confd??? you mean zabbix_agentd?? I'm guessing it's a typo....

Yes, it's an ELF compiled executable (similar to windows .exe file).. You cant read it as you would a bash script file....

Strange that its there, but says not found when you try and run..... Did you copy/paste the command? Try typing manually.....

Alberto Crespo

non lue,
4 avr. 2017, 10:54:3904/04/2017
à OpenWISP
I have typed mannually. :(

Alberto Crespo

non lue,
4 avr. 2017, 11:11:0904/04/2017
à OpenWISP
I dont know how to proceed to compile the zabbix agent in this link.  https://github.com/openwrt/packages/tree/master/admin/zabbix

Could you please example me.

Sorry and thank you

mord reneth

non lue,
4 avr. 2017, 11:19:1604/04/2017
à OpenWISP
Simplest way is to install via opkg

# opkg update
# opkg install zabbix-agentd

The repo has agent 3.2.4 already there, so no need to compile it yourself....

Alberto Crespo

non lue,
4 avr. 2017, 13:20:4904/04/2017
à OpenWISP
Thank you so much to everybody and especially to Mord!

Using opkg install zabbix-agent on OpenWRT it works correctly now.

I will try to add zabbix-extra-wifi, zabbix-extra-network and zabbix-extra-mac.

Mord, it is available on opkg install on the new version?

Thank you

mord reneth

non lue,
4 avr. 2017, 13:53:2504/04/2017
à OpenWISP
if i understand your question correctly, yes, those packages are in the repo....

opkg install zabbix-extra-mac80211 zabbix-extra-network zabbix-extra-wifi

Alberto Crespo

non lue,
4 avr. 2017, 14:25:4204/04/2017
à OpenWISP
Thank you Mord! It is working!

There are some template which shows the wifi users connected in each router?

Thank you again.

mord reneth

non lue,
4 avr. 2017, 14:44:0204/04/2017
à OpenWISP
It's in the wifi template, nbusers

sonia kapoor

non lue,
4 avr. 2017, 22:59:0904/04/2017
à open...@googlegroups.com
Hi Mord,

For my router code I do make menuconfig
And select all zabbix related packages and save in my .config file then make , load the image on my router box ...Now in order to collect stats I browse my zabbix server where I m able to see information on for network interfaces but not able to see any templates for wireless client connection and other wireless properties. Is it possible to get snapshot as to whr I can see the template of wifi...am I doing something wrong ,my zabbix agent is running on router as part of process status..
If you could please help will be thankful

Regards
Sonia

--

mord reneth

non lue,
4 avr. 2017, 23:17:2204/04/2017
à OpenWISP
Hi Sonia,

You need to manually add:

1. The packages that install the userparameters onto the zabbix_agentd client (opgk install zabbix-extra-wifi)
2. Manually install the template into zabbix
3. Bind template to host

(The zabbix-extra-wifi package installs user parameter config which calls iwinfo to get the information)

SKapoor

non lue,
5 avr. 2017, 06:45:2005/04/2017
à OpenWISP
Mord, Are you telling this zabbix-extra-wifi has to be installed in zabbix server manually ?

thanks

Marco Cappellacci

non lue,
5 avr. 2017, 06:47:3005/04/2017
à open...@googlegroups.com
No, install zabbix-extra-wifi in your Access Point

Then use the template to collect data in zabbix server

Marco

SKapoor

non lue,
5 avr. 2017, 07:29:4505/04/2017
à OpenWISP
Hi Marco,

root@EE-0C-BD-2E-C6-2A:/tmp# opkg install zabbix-extra-wifi_3.2.4-1_ar71xx.ipk
Installing zabbix-extra-wifi (3.2.4-1) to root...
Configuring zabbix-extra-wifi.

after this I rebooted the Access point..

I added template App Zabbix agent as part of host in my zabbix server but  no updates..

I am doing somthing silly ):

Marco Cappellacci

non lue,
5 avr. 2017, 08:13:2405/04/2017
à open...@googlegroups.com
mmm
do you have iwinfo on your openwrt system?

SKapoor

non lue,
5 avr. 2017, 08:24:1905/04/2017
à OpenWISP
yes, Marco..

root@EE-0C-BD-2E-C6-2A:/# iwinfo  --help
Usage:
        iwinfo <device> info
        iwinfo <device> scan
        iwinfo <device> txpowerlist
        iwinfo <device> freqlist
        iwinfo <device> assoclist
        iwinfo <device> countrylist
        iwinfo <device> htmodelist
        iwinfo <backend> phyname <section>
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to openwisp+u...@googlegroups.com.

Marco Cappellacci

non lue,
5 avr. 2017, 08:26:0405/04/2017
à open...@googlegroups.com
Add this package libubus-lua and retry

mord reneth

non lue,
5 avr. 2017, 08:52:3905/04/2017
à OpenWISP
template app zabbix agent doesnt contain the openwrt info....it's only agent/basic os info

Did you import the openwrt templates into zabbix server?

SKapoor

non lue,
5 avr. 2017, 09:05:3205/04/2017
à OpenWISP
No I didn't ...
How to do that ?

thanks in advance

SKapoor

non lue,
5 avr. 2017, 09:06:0005/04/2017
à OpenWISP
Added no luck
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to openwisp+u...@googlegroups.com.

Marco Cappellacci

non lue,
5 avr. 2017, 09:07:3805/04/2017
à open...@googlegroups.com
Do you use this template http://pastebin.com/nQdZM89w ?

Do you link it to the host?

Can you paste the log of zabbix agent and server?

Thanks

mord reneth

non lue,
5 avr. 2017, 09:07:5705/04/2017
à OpenWISP
Download the template files (they'll save as .txt - you'll need to rename them to /xml)

Then, on the zabbix server, goto Configuration->Templates, then click import (top right), and import each file.

After that, assign them to the host.....

SKapoor

non lue,
5 avr. 2017, 10:07:4405/04/2017
à OpenWISP
- Yes , I used this template

- yes, this is the screenshot

zabbix-server logs

6005:20170405:191514.242 server #20 started [history syncer #1]
  6006:20170405:191514.244 server #21 started [history syncer #2]
  6016:20170405:191514.247 server #22 started [history syncer #3]
  6017:20170405:191514.248 server #23 started [history syncer #4]
  6018:20170405:191514.249 server #24 started [escalator #1]
  6019:20170405:191514.252 server #25 started [proxy poller #1]
  6021:20170405:191514.253 server #27 started [task manager #1]
  6020:20170405:191514.254 server #26 started [self-monitoring #1]
  6005:20170405:192414.388 item "EE-0C-BD-2E-C6-2A:system.users.num" became not supported: Invalid result. Unsigned integer is expected.
  6005:20170405:192840.725 item "EE-0C-BD-2E-C6-2A:system.users.num" became not supported: Invalid result. Unsigned integer is expected.

-zabbix-agent logs:

oot@EE-0C-BD-2E-C6-2A:/# cat /tmp/zabbix_agentd.log
  1210:20170405:123346.017 Starting Zabbix Agent [EE-0C-BD-2E-C6-2A]. Zabbix 3.2.4 (revision 65975).
  1210:20170405:123346.017 **** Enabled features ****
  1210:20170405:123346.017 IPv6 support:          YES
  1210:20170405:123346.017 TLS support:            NO
  1210:20170405:123346.018 **************************
  1210:20170405:123346.018 using configuration file: /etc/zabbix_agentd.conf
  1210:20170405:123346.019 agent #0 started [main process]
  1220:20170405:123346.021 agent #3 started [active checks #1]
  1220:20170405:123346.022 active check configuration update from [192.168.0.209:10051] started to fail (cannot connect to [[192.168.0.209]:10051]: [1)
  1219:20170405:123346.032 agent #2 started [listener #1]
  1218:20170405:123346.033 agent #1 started [collector]
  1220:20170405:134054.974 active check configuration update from [192.168.0.209:10051] is working again
  1220:20170405:134254.435 no active checks on server [192.168.0.209:10051]: host [EE-0C-BD-2E-C6-2A] not found
  1219:20170405:134349.157 Remote command [who | wc -l] result is not unsigned integer
  1219:20170405:135413.862 Remote command [who | wc -l] result is not unsigned integer
  1219:20170405:135514.013 Remote command [who | wc -l] result is not unsigned integer
  1219:20170405:135840.632 Remote command [who | wc -l] result is not unsigned integer
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to openwisp+u...@googlegroups.com.
Screenshot from 2017-04-05 19-32-28.png

SKapoor

non lue,
5 avr. 2017, 10:10:4305/04/2017
à OpenWISP
I tried using single wifi templates ..

but when I connect the client I dont get the updates ..

Then, on the zabbix server, goto Configuration->Templates, then click import (top right), and import each file.
This helped :)

this was missing

SKapoor

non lue,
5 avr. 2017, 10:40:2305/04/2017
à OpenWISP
Is there anything missing here in the logs..
Plz help.

thanks

Marco Cappellacci

non lue,
5 avr. 2017, 10:46:5605/04/2017
à open...@googlegroups.com
recap

Zabbix server running version 2 or 3? I suggest 3
openwrt install all the following packages:
zabbix agent 3
zabbix-extra-network
zabbix-extra-wifi
zabbix-extra-mac80211
libuci-lua
libiwinfo-lua

This is my zabbix agent configuration:
EnableRemoteCommands=1
Server=10.8.0.3
ServerActive= 10.8.0.3
StartAgents=1
Hostname = {{ name }}
AllowRoot=1
Include=/etc/zabbix_agentd.conf.d/
LogFile=/var/log/zabbix.log
DebugLevel=3
Timeout=3

Add these template on zabbix server
http://pastebin.com/nQdZM89w

Link host to the template.

retry

SKapoor

non lue,
5 avr. 2017, 10:54:4005/04/2017
à OpenWISP
Hi Marco, Mord,

   It is working ...I think updates from agent takes time..

Here is the screenshot :)

appreciate your help ..

Next Step:

To integrate zabbix with openwisp-2

thanks once again
Sonia
wifi.png

Marco Cappellacci

non lue,
5 avr. 2017, 10:55:2905/04/2017
à open...@googlegroups.com
whats the problem?

mord reneth

non lue,
5 avr. 2017, 10:55:5705/04/2017
à OpenWISP
It's because who isnt installed on openwrt (well, isnt installed by default on lede....)

opkg install coreutils-who

  6005:20170405:192414.388 item "EE-0C-BD-2E-C6-2A:system.users.num" became not supported: Invalid result. Unsigned integer is expected.
  6005:20170405:192840.725 item "EE-0C-BD-2E-C6-2A:system.users.num" became not supported: Invalid result. Unsigned integer is expected.

sonia kapoor

non lue,
5 avr. 2017, 10:59:3805/04/2017
à OpenWISP
Marco, As per the steps instructed I moved accordingly ...when I checked the status in the server surprisingly
all the updates were displayed correctly ;) but after some 10 to 15 mins..

I think updates from agent is taking time or zabbix server updates is taking time ..

Marco Cappellacci

non lue,
5 avr. 2017, 11:03:3805/04/2017
à open...@googlegroups.com
can you see wifi information like numbers of users per ssid?

SKapoor

non lue,
5 avr. 2017, 11:42:3705/04/2017
à OpenWISP
Marco ,

I can only see number of user connected to my access point but not the client information ..
i need to check why ):

thanks
whats the problem?

mord reneth

non lue,
5 avr. 2017, 11:59:5905/04/2017
à OpenWISP

On Wednesday, April 5, 2017 at 6:42:37 PM UTC+3, SKapoor wrote:
Marco ,

I can only see number of user connected to my access point but not the client information ..
i need to check why ):

Can you please try this:

Configuration->Hosts, on the same line as the router (host), click where is says discovery 4.... On the last line where it says "Template Openwrt Wifi: Wifi interface discovery" is there a red "i" info box?

Marco, As per the steps instructed I moved accordingly ...when I checked the status in the server surprisingly
all the updates were displayed correctly ;) but after some 10 to 15 mins..
I think updates from agent is taking time or zabbix server updates is taking time ..

The template is set to update the discovery every hour....

sonia kapoor

non lue,
5 avr. 2017, 12:12:4205/04/2017
à open...@googlegroups.com
Reading mail now...
Left for the day..
Tomorrow when I reach ofc first thing is will chk and let you know:)
Regards

--

SKapoor

non lue,
6 avr. 2017, 02:25:3606/04/2017
à OpenWISP
Hi Mord,

I dont see anything in this info box..
attached screenshot..

thanks
Screenshot -Info-box.png

SKapoor

non lue,
6 avr. 2017, 04:56:2906/04/2017
à OpenWISP
Hi Federico,

    Added a section that explains how to prepare a custom template for the zabbix agent.. Hope I understood well about what you mentioned about the template.
Still going through atom tutorial.
Will update the tutorial in markdown editor too :)

regrads
sonia

On Friday, 31 March 2017 13:57:59 UTC+5:30, Federico Capoano wrote:
Hi Sonia,

it looks good. Could you add a section that explains how to prepare a template for the zabbix agent?

Do you have experience in writing in Markdown or ReStructured Text?

If you want to try this I will create a new repository and give you write access to it so you can convert the text and images you have written in one of those formats.

This will allow me to automatically generate HTML from the text, so I can link it on the openwisp website.

Let me know if you have time and want to do this, it would be a great contribution!

Federico
Tutorial-zabbix.pdf

SKapoor

non lue,
6 avr. 2017, 08:09:5806/04/2017
à OpenWISP
Hi Mord,

now I can see that info..
screenshot here

thanks
Screenshot -info-2.png

mord reneth

non lue,
6 avr. 2017, 11:01:5706/04/2017
à OpenWISP
OK,

The main issue is that the openwrt templates on the agent require the agent to be running with root privileges......not a good idea....

What you need to do is: edit /etc/zabbix_agentd,conf (on the router) .... and add the line AllowRoot=1

Then restart zabbix agent...... after a while everything will click into place.....

sonia kapoor

non lue,
6 avr. 2017, 11:32:2006/04/2017
à OpenWISP
Mord,

AllowRoot is already 1 in my openwrt code.

Also, I am not able to see client information in my Zabbix server. I can only see number of user connected to AP.
If I can get help on this..

thanks,

mord reneth

non lue,
7 avr. 2017, 01:38:3607/04/2017
à OpenWISP
Under Configuration->Hosts->'router'

on the line:

    All hosts/routername        Applications 'X' Items 'X' Triggers 'X' Graphs 'X' Discovery rules 'X' Web scenarios

How many Items do you have.....and if you scroll down the list, do you have 'Wifi interface discovery: Nbusers of 'RouterName' (1)(XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX)"

SKapoor

non lue,
7 avr. 2017, 02:21:1807/04/2017
à OpenWISP
This I am getting that number of user is connected as 1 or 2...
but user details like mac address, data rate, bandwidth allocation per client etc it don't show

My concern Do we have other template which we need to import to get all this data..

thanks

Marco Cappellacci

non lue,
7 avr. 2017, 03:32:4507/04/2017
à open...@googlegroups.com
I'm getting number of users too.
I don't get user details.
I think we use another template to get this kind of information.

mord reneth

non lue,
7 avr. 2017, 08:07:5007/04/2017
à OpenWISP
Correct, there is non of this info in the templates.....

to get list of connected users, add this to /etc/zabbix_agentd.conf

UserParameter=wifi.iwinfo.userlist[*],lua -l iwinfo -e "n = 0; for ul in pairs(iwinfo[iwinfo.type('wlan1')].assoclist('wlan1')) do print (ul) end;"

Restart the agent. Then add an item in the router on zabbix server:

Name: Whatever you want to call it.
Key: wifi.iwinfo.userlist[wlan0]    or wlan1 or whatever else....
: Text
Applications: wifi

Give it a couple of minutes, then check Latest Data

Federico Capoano

non lue,
11 avr. 2017, 03:45:5311/04/2017
à OpenWISP
Hey Sonia and Alberto,

how did it go? Did you manage to get it working?

Federico

sonia kapoor

non lue,
11 avr. 2017, 04:05:2411/04/2017
à OpenWISP
Hi Federico,

Zabbix with openwisp is working fine..Thanks to Marco :)

I have also made ucified script for zabbix , tested and it is working fine.

Regards,
Sonia

Chargement d'autres messages en cours.
0 nouveau message