Pick Colour Tool and SLD

Arnd Kielhorn

May 27, 2011, 3:38:24 AM5/27/11
to openjum...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I just tested the JUFRE-OJ version and found the nice Pick Colour Tool to intuitively change the colour of selected features. I tried it with a fresh drawn layer, coloured the feature with this tool and saved this layer. I had a look into jml file and saw that the different colours were also saved in the jml like this (<property name="R_G_B">FF00FF</property>)

<feature>
<geometry>
<gml:Polygon>
<gml:outerBoundaryIs>
<gml:LinearRing>
<gml:coordinates>3597880.279680591,5765301.796064884
3597880.279680591,5765563.733564884
3598142.217180591,5765563.733564884
3598142.217180591,5765301.796064884
3597880.279680591,5765301.796064884 </gml:coordinates>
</gml:LinearRing>
</gml:outerBoundaryIs>
</gml:Polygon>
</geometry>
<property name="wert">20</property>
<property name="R_G_B">FF00FF</property>
</feature>

The saving of the colour code works only if the colours were choosen by the colour pick tool but not when they were choosen with the colour theming dialog.

Another thing what I realzied is that the SLD function in JUFRE works (!) but as reported before not in OJ.

My suggestions for OJ:
- to have also the colour pick tool
- to have also the option for saving the colour in the jml
- make the SLD work also in OJ like in JUFRE
- new possibility to join the colourtheming and the option to save the colour values in the jml file

Kindly regards
Arnd

Giuseppe Aruta

May 27, 2011, 5:11:21 AM5/27/11
to openjum...@googlegroups.com
Hi Arnd,
Pick Colour Tool in Jufre-OJ is a port of the original one in SkyJUMP ISA Super PlugIn. I had to modify  a file in OpenJUMP core (BasicStyle), following the one of SkyJUMP.
Following this modification SkyJUMP and Jufre read into attributes if there are R_G_B and automatically apply the color value to the style.
I ported this tool into Jufre as I wanted to test it in Linux and MacOSX OS (SkyJUMP works only in Windows).
The tool is still on test. My projects for the future are:
- Internationalize this tool (It's still in Italian or English(SkyJUMP))
- Create an extra Toolbar, a sort of CAD tool, where to move this plugin  and other new "style" and "Edit" plugIns.
After tested everything with Jufre, the final goal is to have a separate CAD super-plugin, following ISA-SkyJUMP model.

SLD does work withn OpenJUMP. Just copy xalan.jar and serializer.jar files from Jufre/lib folder into OJ/lib folder

rergards

Peppe

May 27, 2011, 8:32:39 AM5/27/11
to openjum...@googlegroups.com
Hell Guiseppe,

thanks for that work. It will be great if those enhancement will also go into OJ.

I will try to copy xalan.jar and serializer.jar into OJ/lib and will see if it makes SLD also work in OJ.

Kindly regards
Arnd

Giuseppe Aruta

May 30, 2011, 5:39:44 AM5/30/11
to openjum...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,
where can I find more info about Segment style. I checked in ArrowLineStringSegmentStyle to find how to modify this class. I can modify angle and lengh but how can I modify the arrow to have other geometry, for instance square instead of rettangle (the solid arrow)?
regards

Peppe

Sunburned Surveyor

Jun 10, 2011, 3:51:53 PM6/10/11
to openjum...@googlegroups.com
How does the color pick tool work?

Does it allow you to determine the RGB values of an existing OJ layer,
or does it do something else?

Thanks,

Landon

Giuseppe Aruta

Jun 11, 2011, 2:32:53 AM6/11/11
to openjum...@googlegroups.com
Hi Landon,
basically color picker tool populate an attribute field with an R_G_B value.
Modified BasicStyle class simply applies the color to the displayed item.
This means that users can also create an R_G_B string  attribute in a layer, draw some polygons, and write the ascii R_G_B codes of them to have the same effects.
I was working to port this tool to OJ but it seems to me that we really have to modify BasicStyle class to SkyJUMP one.
Together with this mail there are:
- Color Picker tool plugin. It can be installed into OJ adding this line:
<plug-in>com.isa.jump.plugin.FeatureColorChooserPlugIn</plug-in>
at the end of default-plugins.xml. I also  internationalized this plugIn, in Italian and English. Othe code languages are displayed with the usual "T:"
This plugIn doesn't work with regular OJ- You need the modified BasicStyle class
- The source of Color Picker tool
- The source of modified BasicStyle class, form SkyJUMP.  You can try to substitute the original one  and build an OJ wich can work with Color Picker tool

regards

Peppe

Jun 11, 2011, 2:58:00 PM6/11/11
to openjum...@googlegroups.com
Hi Giuseppe,

You'll find the code in
com.vividsolutions.jump.workbench.ui.renderer.style.ArrowLineStringEndpointStyle

Arrow shape is defined in arrowhead method, size and angle are class parameters

Michaël

Jukka Rahkonen

Jun 14, 2011, 5:26:16 AM6/14/11
to openjum...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

The latest SkyJUMP download (SkyJUMP_12_107) comes with a very old
PostgreSQL driver and it cannot read data from PostGIS 9.0 database. Could
it be possible to update it to use the same driver than current OpenJUMP?
Version seems to be postgresql-9.0-801.jdbc3.jar and it read fine both
PostgreSQL 8 and 9 databases.

I could not read data from WMS either. SkyJUMP is sending the
GetCapabilities request but it cannot capture the answer for some reason
but gives me a Connection time out error.

-Jukka Rahkonen-

Jukka Rahkonen

Jun 14, 2011, 8:37:03 AM6/14/11
to openjum...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I downloaded the latest Cadplan printer plugin and Vertex Symbols
(http://www.cadplan.com.au/) and faced an odd problem. If I launch
Openjump from the OpenJUMP.exe file the plugin install OK. However, if I
use the oj_windows.bat file the plugin does not install. In fact it seems
to prevent also the installation of a part of other plugins from the \ext
directory.

I need to launch OJ through the .bat file because I do not know any other
way to go through the proxy. I have no problems with starting OJ with the
.bat file if I use some older Cadplan Printer plugin. It installs fine and
does not harm any other plugins.

-Jukka Rahkonen-

Larry Becker

Jun 14, 2011, 8:45:30 AM6/14/11
to openjum...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jukka,

  I'll see what I can do.

Larry

edgar....@web.de

Jun 14, 2011, 9:21:48 AM6/14/11
to openjum...@googlegroups.com
did you try to enable the console output and check there for errors? edit the batch file, it's commented there how to do it.

..ede

Jukka Rahkonen

Jun 14, 2011, 9:56:59 AM6/14/11
to openjum...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ede,

I removed all other plugins and now I have only these files in lib\ext
iText-2.1.2u.jar
JumpPrinter.jar
VertexSymbols.jar

I am using Java 1.5 which is set in the oj_windows.bat
set JAVA_HOME=D:\java\jre1.5.0_06

Even now the printer plugin does not install. The console output is:

java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: Bad version number in .class file
at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$100(Unknown Source)
at
com.vividsolutions.jump.workbench.plugin.PlugInManager.toClass(PlugIn
Manager.java:225)
at
com.vividsolutions.jump.workbench.plugin.PlugInManager.classes(PlugIn
Manager.java:199)
at
com.vividsolutions.jump.workbench.plugin.PlugInManager.findConfigurat
ions(PlugInManager.java:165)
at
com.vividsolutions.jump.workbench.plugin.PlugInManager.<init>(PlugInM
anager.java:75)
at
com.vividsolutions.jump.workbench.JUMPWorkbench.<init>(JUMPWorkbench.
java:291)
at
com.vividsolutions.jump.workbench.JUMPWorkbench.main(JUMPWorkbench.ja
va:351)
at
com.vividsolutions.jump.workbench.JUMPWorkbench.main(JUMPWorkbench.ja
va:319)
[...]

-Jukka-

edgar....@web.de

Jun 14, 2011, 10:08:57 AM6/14/11
On 14.06.2011 15:56, Jukka Rahkonen wrote:
> UnsupportedClassVersionError: Bad version number

this usually hints that it was compiled with a higher compliance level than your jre is (probably 1.6).
possible solutions
a) you could ask them compile a 1.5 version
b) use a recent jre. any reason why you stick to 1.5?

regards ede

Jukka Rahkonen

Jun 14, 2011, 10:18:54 AM6/14/11
to openjum...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Yes, it was a Java version problem. I used Java 1.5 because in the printer
plugin manual reads: This plugin requires JRE 1.5 or later. I had an old
installation with JRE 1.5 path ready. The exe-launch picked up the system
default Java which is 1.6 and therefore it did work for me.

Thanks,

-Jukka Rahkonen-

Giuseppe Aruta

Jun 14, 2011, 10:55:16 AM6/14/11
to openjum...@googlegroups.com
We probabily should upgrade some of the documantation. As far as I remember Geof from Cadplan upgraded some part of vertex plugin code on April 2011 (under my request), and there was some problems connected to jre version. Check on User or developer list.

Giuseppe Aruta

Jun 15, 2011, 10:28:34 AM6/15/11
to openjum...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jukka,

A new SkyJUMP version has been published with updates in the areas you pointed out.

Larry

Jukka Rahkonen

Jun 17, 2011, 10:46:48 AM6/17/11
to openjum...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I installed the new version and made two quick and unsuccessful tests with
Windows XP and Java 1.6.0_24. Connection to WMS gave me:

java.net.ConnectException: Connection timed out: connect
at sun.net.NetworkClient.doConnect(Unknown Source)
at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.openServer(Unknown Source)
at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.openServer(Unknown Source)
at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.<init>(Unknown Source)
at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.New(Unknown Source)
at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.New(Unknown Source)
at sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.getNewHttpClient(Unknown
Source)
at sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.plainConnect(Unknown Source)
at sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.connect(Unknown Source)
at sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.getInputStream(Unknown
Source)
at java.net.URL.openStream(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLEntityManager.setupCurrentEntity(Unknown
Source)
at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLEntityManager.startEntity(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLEntityManager.startDTDEntity(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDTDScannerImpl.setInputSource(Unknown Source)
at
org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentScannerImpl$DTDDispatcher.dispatch(Unknown
Source)
at
Source)
at org.apache.xerces.parsers.DTDConfiguration.parse(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.xerces.parsers.DOMParser.parse(Unknown Source)
at com.vividsolutions.wms.Parser.parseCapabilities_1_1_1(Unknown Source)
at com.vividsolutions.wms.Parser.parseCapabilities(Unknown Source)
at com.vividsolutions.wms.WMService.initialize(Unknown Source)
at
com.vividsolutions.jump.workbench.ui.plugin.wms.URLWizardPanel.exitingToRight(Unknown
Source)
at
com.vividsolutions.jump.workbench.ui.wizard.WizardDialog.nextButton_actionPerformed(Unknown
Source)
at
com.vividsolutions.jump.workbench.ui.wizard.WizardDialog$3.actionPerformed(Unknown
Source)
at javax.swing.AbstractButton$Handler.actionPerformed(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.fireActionPerformed(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicButtonListener.mouseReleased(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue.access$000(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue$1.run(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue$1.run(Unknown Source)
at java.security.AccessControlContext$1.doIntersectionPrivilege(Unknown
Source)
at java.security.AccessControlContext$1.doIntersectionPrivilege(Unknown
Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue$2.run(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue$2.run(Unknown Source)
at java.security.AccessControlContext$1.doIntersectionPrivilege(Unknown
Source)
at java.awt.Dialog$1.run(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Dialog$3.run(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Dialog.show(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Component.show(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Component.setVisible(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Window.setVisible(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Dialog.setVisible(Unknown Source)
at
com.vividsolutions.jump.workbench.ui.plugin.wms.AddWMSQueryPlugIn.execute(Unknown
Source)
at
com.vividsolutions.jump.workbench.plugin.AbstractPlugIn$1.actionPerformed(Unknown
Source)
at javax.swing.AbstractButton$Handler.actionPerformed(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.fireActionPerformed(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.AbstractButton.doClick(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicMenuItemUI.doClick(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicMenuItemUI$Handler.mouseReleased(Unknown
Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue.access$000(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue$1.run(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue$1.run(Unknown Source)
at java.security.AccessControlContext$1.doIntersectionPrivilege(Unknown
Source)
at java.security.AccessControlContext$1.doIntersectionPrivilege(Unknown
Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue$2.run(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue$2.run(Unknown Source)
at java.security.AccessControlContext$1.doIntersectionPrivilege(Unknown
Source)

My trial to connect with PostgreSQL 9.0.1 + PostGIS 1.5 gave me this error:

java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.postgresql.Driver

at
com.vividsolutions.jump.datastore.postgis.PostgisDataStoreDriver.createConnection(Unknown
Source)
at
com.vividsolutions.jump.workbench.datastore.ConnectionDescriptor.createConnection(Unknown
Source)
at
com.vividsolutions.jump.workbench.datastore.ConnectionManager.getOpenConnection(Unknown
Source)
at
com.vividsolutions.jump.workbench.ui.plugin.datastore.PasswordPrompter.getOpenConnection(Unknown
Source)
at
com.vividsolutions.jump.workbench.ui.plugin.datastore.ConnectionManagerPanel.openSelectedConnections(Unknown
Source)
at
com.vividsolutions.jump.workbench.ui.plugin.datastore.ConnectionManagerPanel.access$700(Unknown
Source)
at
com.vividsolutions.jump.workbench.ui.plugin.datastore.ConnectionManagerPanel$9.actionPerformed(Unknown
[...]
com.vividsolutions.jump.workbench.ui.plugin.datastore.ConnectionPanel.chooseConnection(Unknown
Source)
at
com.vividsolutions.jump.workbench.ui.plugin.datastore.ConnectionPanel.access$000(Unknown
Source)
at
com.vividsolutions.jump.workbench.ui.plugin.datastore.ConnectionPanel$3.actionPerformed(Unknown
Source)
at javax.swing.AbstractButton$Handler.actionPerformed(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.fireActionPerformed(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicButtonListener.mouseReleased(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.AWTEventMulticaster.mouseReleased(Unknown Source)
[...]
com.vividsolutions.jump.workbench.ui.plugin.datastore.AbstractAddDatastoreLayerPlugIn.execute(Unknown
Source)
at
com.vividsolutions.jump.workbench.ui.plugin.datastore.AddDatastoreLayerPlugIn.execute(Unknown
[...]

Larry Becker

Jun 17, 2011, 11:14:22 AM6/17/11
to openjum...@googlegroups.com, Rahkonen Jukka
Hi Jukka,

  Can you send me a WMS link that duplicates the problem to my personal email to test with?  It is working for me with the default "http://www2.demis.nl/mapserver/request.asp?" .

  I don't have a PostgreSQL server installed right now so I can't debug it.

thanks,

Larry

Sunburned Surveyor

Jun 19, 2011, 11:44:47 AM6/19/11
to openjum...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for helping out Jukka Peppe!

Landon

Sunburned Surveyor

Jun 19, 2011, 12:29:31 PM6/19/11
to openjum...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for explaining Peppe. What modifications need to be made to the BasicStyle class to get this color picker plug-in to work?

Landon

Giuseppe Aruta

Jun 20, 2011, 5:35:26 AM6/20/11
to openjum...@googlegroups.com
Hi Landon,
I attached on this mail the modified BasicStyle file, following SkyJUMP version.
The file is in DOC. The black text is the original OJ BasicStyle, red text are the extra lines which I added. Nothing to delete from of original text (Skyjumper did a good job!).
If the other developers agree, we can modify BasicStyle like that, in order to make FeatureColorChooser to work.
On my sorceforge space I am going to add a working FeatureColorChooser PlugIn which is patrially internationalized (de,en, es, fr, it)

regards

Peppe

Jun 20, 2011, 5:53:50 AM6/20/11
to openjum...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I tried the Pick Color Tool with SkyJUMP. It is nice little tool which is
easy to use, works fluently and gives a super easy way to emphasize some
features by hand. It would also make it possible to deliver data together
with basic styling for example as shapefiles. It would be a useful
addition to OpenJUMP.

-Jukka Rahkonen

Giuseppe Aruta wrote:

> Data: Venerd� 10 giugno 2011, 21:51

>>> Data: Venerd� 27 maggio 2011, 09:38

Giuseppe Aruta

Jun 20, 2011, 6:14:15 AM6/20/11
to openjum...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,
featurecolorchooser is here:
https://sourceforge.net/projects/opensit/files/Openjump/PlugIn/colorchooser2.jar/download

regards

giuseppe

Jun 21, 2011, 5:23:31 AM6/21/11
to openjum...@googlegroups.com
Hello Peppe,

I just tried the colourchooser in that way that I copied it into lib/ext/. OJ starts only when I also copied the xalan and serializer into lib/ . OJ starts now and brings the tool in the symbol bar but it does not work. I tried jufre-Distro and there it works. So my question is what else is to do to make it work?

Kindly regards
Arnd

Giuseppe Aruta

Jun 21, 2011, 5:51:49 AM6/21/11
to openjum...@googlegroups.com
Hi Arnd,
- I recompiled colorchooser in order to not ask for other libs except the one embedded in Openjump. The file is here:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/opensit/files/Openjump/PlugIn/colorchooser3.jar/download

- actually colorchooser works only with Jufre and, of coarse Skyjump. Untill the BasicStyle class will be modified.
Anyhow I recompiled then last OJ NB core file available (27 june) and modified basicStyle. The file is here:http://sourceforge.net/projects/opensit/files/Openjump/PlugIn/openjump-core-1.4.1-SNAPSHOT_mod27june.jar/download.
Please, substitute your OpenJUMP-XXX.jar with this one. It should work with no problem.

Giuseppe

Jun 21, 2011, 6:08:58 AM6/21/11
to openjum...@googlegroups.com
Hello Guiseppe,