CEN SIRI SX or VM consumption and production app

Stefan Begerad

Apr 21, 2022, 10:10:08 AM4/21/22
to onebusaway-developers
Hi folks,
I am rather new to OneBusAway. I hope my first impression is right, that functionality is present in OneBusAway to process the interface service CEN SIRI Situation Exchange (SE) and Vehicle Monitoring (VM). Can anyone confirm?

I would like to use OneBusAway for two things.

(1) I would like to convert a GTFS-Realtime feed into a CEN SIRI VM service and offer this service as a producer to arbitrary consumer.

(2) I would like to consume an existing CEN SIRI SX service that is requiring the publish/subscribe pattern.

I am appreciating every hint that steers me in the right direction.

Cheers,

Stefan

Sean Barbeau

Apr 21, 2022, 4:52:27 PM4/21/22
to onebusaway-developers
Stefan,
I haven't used the SIRI functionality in OBA myself, but here's what I understand. Also, keep in mind that OBA is a suite of software with some standalone projects.

>(1) I would like to convert a GTFS-Realtime feed into a CEN SIRI VM service and offer this service as a producer to arbitrary consumer.

I think this is supported in the onebusaway-application-modules, as MTA Bus Time (built on OBA) offers a SIRI VM and SM REST API:

...but folks from MTA would probably be in the best place to answer if an input GTFS Realtime feed can be output to this SIRI API.

(1) I would like to convert a GTFS-Realtime feed into a CEN SIRI VM service and offer this service as a producer to arbitrary consumer.

This should also be supported in the onebusaway-application-modules:

I don't know of anyone using SIRI SX as input, but there might be folks out there that I don't know of.

If anyone knows better please jump in to correct me.

Sean

Sean Barbeau
Center for Urban Transportation Research
University of South Florida

Stefan Begerad

Apr 22, 2022, 1:54:21 AM4/22/22
to onebusaway-developers
Hi Sean,
Again, thank you so much for sharing your insights.

I would love to set up an MTA Bus Time instance for other transportation agencies. I found all those great sources so far.

However, I could not make out how MTA Bus Time is developed and deployed. It is still not clear to me how do you get from OneBusAway to MTA Bus Time on my journey for my own instance? I'll checkout onebusaway-application-modules. I also reached out to MTA developers using their mail group in hope of a response. If interested I'll keep you in the loop on my progress with a MTA Bus Time instance for other agencies.

I appreciate every hint and thank you so much for cooperation.

Cheers,

Stefan

Sean Barbeau

Apr 22, 2022, 10:01:54 AM4/22/22
to onebusaway...@googlegroups.com
I believe all of these features have been upstreamed into the main oba-apps-modules project at this point:

The "onebusaway-enterprise-acta-webapp" should look similar to the Bus Time UI, just without the MTA branding.

Sean