omnet

athit...@gmail.com

Jun 14, 2018, 7:16:46 AM6/14/18
to OMNeT++ Users
Hai omnet users,
                Iam very new to omnet, i just refer about the tool but i have lot of doubts in that,So  i need to clear my doubts, Anybody know tamil ?

sreeja john

Jul 11, 2018, 2:29:42 AM7/11/18
to omn...@googlegroups.com
Hai can anybody guide me how can i start the omnet tool ?

On Thu, Jun 14, 2018 at 4:46 PM, <athit...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hai omnet users,
                Iam very new to omnet, i just refer about the tool but i have lot of doubts in that,So  i need to clear my doubts, Anybody know tamil ?

THIHA KYAW

Jul 11, 2018, 2:38:11 AM7/11/18
to omn...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
Double click on mingwenv for windows environments.

Then you just follow doc in doc folder. If you are using windows, I still have a problem with INET framework 4. INET framework 3 is working properly.

Regards,
Thiha

sreeja john

Jul 11, 2018, 2:44:28 AM7/11/18
to OMNeT++ Users

How can I start omnetpp tool please anybody guide me?

Ashi

Jul 11, 2018, 3:34:46 AM7/11/18
to OMNeT++ Users
Did you mean to say how to open OmNet++ software?

Ashika naik

Jul 11, 2018, 5:06:11 AM7/11/18
to omn...@googlegroups.com
To open simulator you can type "omnetpp" as a command in the terminal if you are working on ubuntu.

Rashmi Varma

Jul 11, 2018, 5:11:50 AM7/11/18
to omn...@googlegroups.com
Alternatively. Go to the ide folder inside omnetpp5.x -> ide . There will be omnetpp icon.

On Wed 11 Jul, 2018, 08:44 sreeja john, <sree.s...@gmail.com> wrote:

How can I start omnetpp tool please anybody guide me?

athithi n

Jul 12, 2018, 12:35:48 AM7/12/18
to omn...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Ashika naik, but Iam working in windows.I was already install the software but now how can i start working in it. How to create nodes like that ? how to start the study about the tool?

On Wed, Jul 11, 2018 at 2:41 PM, Rashmi Varma <varma...@gmail.com> wrote:
Alternatively. Go to the ide folder inside omnetpp5.x -> ide . There will be omnetpp icon.
On Wed 11 Jul, 2018, 08:44 sreeja john, <sree.s...@gmail.com> wrote:

How can I start omnetpp tool please anybody guide me?

Ashika naik

Jul 12, 2018, 2:14:44 AM7/12/18
to omn...@googlegroups.com
Hello

Once done with installation, I think working on omnet in ubuntu or windows it's almost same. But still if you wish to learn tutorials in windows environment, here's one video link for OmNet tutorial in windows. Hope it helps you.

Link : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GR8kb5dlIPA (OmNet first lesson lab01)

Thanks

Ashika naik

Jul 12, 2018, 6:31:48 AM7/12/18
to omn...@googlegroups.com
For creating network and nodes within it, you can have look at page no. 12 of below attached pdf to get some idea.

Also you can try to view and create topology like star, grid etc .you can carry out following steps in OMNeT window:
File>New>Simulation>enter parent folder name>new folder name>click on next>Topology generation>click on on option star, grid..>select topology you wish to see(for eg. star)> next > enter number of perimeter nodes>next>next>next>next>finish.

On Thu, Jul 12, 2018 at 10:05 AM, athithi n <athit...@gmail.com> wrote:
SimulationManual.pdf

athithi n

Jul 12, 2018, 7:40:49 AM7/12/18
to omn...@googlegroups.com
Thanks a lot Ashika the link very useful to me to start working in omnet tool
.

athithi n

Jul 13, 2018, 3:05:41 AM7/13/18
to omn...@googlegroups.com
Hai  Ashika , I was created the source file for simple module. And  by your guidance i will create the topology(Star). But in this two type of modules are created 1.node 2.hub.Can I create source file( node .cc and hub.cc) for these two modules?
 And also I refer the tic toc tutorial, in this  tutorial the source file uses the constructor and destructors in the Tictoc6 example .I don't understand why it is used?

Ashika naik

Jul 17, 2018, 6:41:49 AM7/17/18
to omn...@googlegroups.com
Yes you can create .cc file.

From c++ basics, a class constructor is a special member function of a class that is executed whenever we create new objects of that class.
and for setting initial values for certain member variables.So from this I think constructor have been used for initializing pointer " *event " in tictoc6 example.
And destructor we know it is executed whenever an object of it's class goes out of scope or whenever the delete expression is applied to a pointer to the object of that class. Also, its useful for releasing resources before coming out of the program. So in that example destructor may been included since delete expression "cancelAndDelete(event)" is applied for a pointer *event.

Sorry for late reply.

Thanks

athithi n

Jul 19, 2018, 3:12:16 AM7/19/18
to omn...@googlegroups.com
Thank you so much Ashika naik for your great reply.

athithi n

Aug 10, 2018, 12:23:39 AM8/10/18
to omn...@googlegroups.com
Hai Ashika Can i set random values to every nodes and Also can I save the values? Because  based on that value i want to select a cluster node ( which node has the greater value ).

Its my Host.ned file
*********************

simple Host
{
    parameters:

        double txRate @unit(bps);          // transmission rate

        double slotTime @unit(s);          // zero means no slots (pure Aloha)
        double x @unit(m);                 // the x coordinate of the host
        double y @unit(m);                 // the y coordinate of the host

        @display("i=device/palm2");
}

Its my Network.ned file
*************************

network Network
{
    parameters:
        int numHosts;  // number of hosts
         @display("bgb=694.768,684.72797;bgg=350,1,grey95");

    submodules:
        server: Server {
            @display("p=696.776,-58.232");
        }
        host[numHosts]: Host {
            @display("p=531.136,162.368");
        }
}

Its my  Host.cc file
**********************

#include "Host.h"

Define_Module(Host);

void Host::initialize()
{

    getDisplayString().setTagArg("p", 0, par("x").doubleValue());//nodes initially random position
    getDisplayString().setTagArg("p", 1, par("y").doubleValue());//nodes initially random position

}

void Host::handleMessage(cMessage *msg)
{

}

Its my .ini file

[General]
network =Network

**.x = uniform(0m, 600m)
**.y = uniform(0m, 600m)

Where and how can i create the generate the random numbers and how to assign that values into each nodes? plz help me.