Segmenting line to characters

khadija EL Gajoui

Sep 29, 2016, 11:42:23 AM9/29/16
to ocropus
hello everyone,
 i would like to know which function is responsible of segmenting line to characters?  is it in the lstm.py?

Adnan ul Hasan

Oct 10, 2016, 1:17:24 AM10/10/16
to ocropus
There is no function for character segmentation in new OCRopus, which is a line-recognizer. That means that it does recognition on text-line level without needing character segmentation.

khadija EL Gajoui

Oct 10, 2016, 5:26:20 AM10/10/16
to ocr...@googlegroups.com
assalamo alaykom
thanks Mr adnan for your response and i hope you are doing well.
Actually i need to apply a treatment on each character separately, is that possible?

Cordialement,
khadija EL GAJOUI

Hussein Al-Omari

Oct 10, 2016, 5:53:06 AM10/10/16
to ocr...@googlegroups.com

If anyone out there is an expert in recognition of noise free, skew free, graphics free, clean pure line images  of Arabic text (single line in binary and/or grayscale) please write to me privately.  I do not need page segmentation or preprocessing. I have built that for non commercial use for Arabs and need to add some smart recognition engines  for the famous fonts.  I need 2 at least.  I live in the Silicon Valley.

al_o...@hotmail.com

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "ocropus" group.

Philipp Zumstein