Workshop - Strandbeest Walking Robots - 24th Feb

Martin Raynsford

Jan 19, 2019, 3:51:16 PM1/19/19
to Nottingham Hackspace - Nottinghack
With kind permission from the trustees and generous assistance from Ian Dickinson, I would love to come to Nottingham and put on a workshop making my Strandbeest walking robots.
https://youtu.be/d6I-bnxGdYU

The kit contains everything you need to build a wind powered strandbeest walker, with additional components to motorise the design and control it from your mobile device. The kit generally takes about 2 hours to assemble but if you're already competent at soldering that will easily be less. The boards come pre programmed but I'm happy to stay after and help people set up their arduino environment if they want to play with the software.

The date is provisionally set for the 24th of February at 10am, the price will be £25. Booking is not essential but I need positive confirmation from a few attendees to ensure it actually happens. More information about the kit can be found here
https://msraynsford.ecwid.com/Remote-Control-Strandbeest-kits-p114886284

The kit itself includes a wemos D1 which uses the ESP8266 so it's a great introduction to that wifi module. It's been a long time since I've been to the space so I look forward to seeing some of you again in February.

Martin

James Taylor

Jan 19, 2019, 3:54:07 PM1/19/19
to notti...@googlegroups.com
Love strandbeasts! Sadly I am at work that day but I might have a go at a kit all the same

Jim

dan3...@googlemail.com

Jan 19, 2019, 4:31:16 PM1/19/19
to Nottingham Hackspace - Nottinghack
m going o have to see if im available. that looks amazing. I want one of those robots. just amazing fun...

garethhowell

Jan 25, 2019, 11:55:19 AM1/25/19
to Nottingham Hackspace - Nottinghack
Hi Martin,

That sounds great, I'd definitely be up for it!

Gareth

Martin Raynsford

Jan 25, 2019, 1:08:17 PM1/25/19
to Nottingham Hackspace - Nottinghack
Great news, we have enough attendees now to go ahead with the workshop, see you on the 24th

Martin Raynsford

Feb 9, 2019, 7:06:10 AM2/9/19
to Nottingham Hackspace - Nottinghack
Just two weeks to go until this Strandbeest workshop. We've got a few more attendees but there is still lots of space left over if anyone else would like to come along then you're all welcome to.
Martin

James Taylor

Feb 9, 2019, 7:22:03 AM2/9/19
to notti...@googlegroups.com
Is it open to non members? If so could it go on the FB event page to spread the net a bit wider? Can't see it up there at the moment unless I'm being dim.

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Nottingham Hackspace - Nottinghack" group.

Ian Dickinson

Feb 9, 2019, 10:32:32 AM2/9/19
to notti...@googlegroups.com
I'm happy for non members to attend and for this to go on Facebook.

I'll do a tour if any non members are interested in joining.

Sent from my Samsung device

Martin Raynsford

Feb 9, 2019, 11:15:02 AM2/9/19
to Nottingham Hackspace - Nottinghack