Netbox in HA with DNS roundrobin (consul)

Samuel Mutel

Jan 14, 2022, 9:31:03 AM1/14/22
to NetBox
Hello,

I have two Netbox servers which use the same database (in HA also).

The Netbox service is registered in Consul so we have a DNS entry pointing to the healthy server.

I encountered an issue with the authentication process. Sometimes I should enter my login/password again. I assume that I switch from one server to another one.

The token information are stored in the database and the url is the same for both servers so I don't understand why Netbox is asking for a login/password again.

Thanks.

Brian Candler

Jan 14, 2022, 11:01:26 AM1/14/22
to NetBox
What authentication mechanism are you using? Logins against the Netbox local user database? As long as both Netbox's have the same SECRET_KEY in configuration.py, it should be fine.

The next time you get kicked out and prompted for a username/password, can you take a screenshot? Is there any error message shown?

Also look at your frontend webserver logs (Apache or Nginx) to check your theory that this is to do with switching over from one server to the other.

On Friday, 14 January 2022 at 14:31:03 UTC samuel...@gmail.com wrote:
The token information are stored in the database

I don't understand what you mean by that.  Tokens are used for API authentication, not for user logins to the web interface.

Samuel Mutel

Jan 17, 2022, 8:00:08 AM1/17/22
to Brian Candler, NetBox
My bad ... I made a mistake in my ansible playbook so the SECRET_KEY was different on the two servers.
Thanks.