Using any form of Pick on an Apple system.

Jackson Ramos

Dec 6, 2021, 7:46:57 PM12/6/21
to Pick and MultiValue Databases
I'm pretty new to the Pick community so please don't be so harsh. But is there anyway to use any pick system on an apply computer. Mine usually has an m1 chip otherwise what would be my options with windows. I tried downloading OPENQM on my windows 11 computer but the link on the website don't work. Any other open source options?

grant.h...@gmail.com

Dec 7, 2021, 2:29:55 AM12/7/21
to Pick and MultiValue Databases
Hi,

You can use MVsharp, which is a pick implementation that runs on Windows, MacOS and Linux. You can find the download link at

Regards

Grant

Steve Trimble

Dec 7, 2021, 8:16:38 AM12/7/21
to mvd...@googlegroups.com
try this link:

there is Mac OS 10 32bit and 64bit

good luck!

Computerized Data Mgmt Inc
Steve Trimble
(501) 772-3450 cell / text

On Mon, Dec 6, 2021 at 6:46 PM Jackson Ramos <jackso...@qualco.com> wrote:
I'm pretty new to the Pick community so please don't be so harsh. But is there anyway to use any pick system on an apply computer. Mine usually has an m1 chip otherwise what would be my options with windows. I tried downloading OPENQM on my windows 11 computer but the link on the website don't work. Any other open source options?

Dick Thiot

Dec 7, 2021, 8:28:34 AM12/7/21
to mvd...@googlegroups.com
I have both OpenQM and MVsharp running on my MacBook Pro and both work quite well.  OpenQM has some good getting started documentation.  Check out https://www.openqm.com/support/documentation/ as well as "Getting started in OpenQM" from Rush Flat Consulting (https://www.rushflat.co.nz/downloads.php).  These could help you get started.  The documentation materials apply to both OpenQM and MVsharp.  The MVsharp download is a one-year developer license and you do not need to contact the vendor.  I know that Rocket currently offers a free developer license for OpenQM but you must contact them.

Martin Phillips

Dec 7, 2021, 9:46:46 AM12/7/21
to mvd...@googlegroups.com

Hi Jackson,

Please clarify what OpenQM link did not work so that we can fix it.

Thanks

Martin

I'm pretty new to the Pick community so please don't be so harsh. But is there anyway to use any pick system on an apply computer. Mine usually has an m1 chip otherwise what would be my options with windows. I tried downloading OPENQM on my windows 11 computer but the link on the website don't work. Any other open source options?

This communication and any attachments may contain confidential information of Rocket Software, Inc. All unauthorized use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify Rocket Software immediately and destroy all copies of this communication. Thank you.

Jackson Ramos

Dec 7, 2021, 9:47:03 AM12/7/21
to mvd...@googlegroups.com
Those are the OpenQM download links which I press and nothing happens, nothing downloads.

Jackson Ramos

Dec 7, 2021, 10:16:06 AM12/7/21
to mvd...@googlegroups.com
Hey Martin,

All the download links on the download page of the site

Thanks

Rick Weiser

Dec 7, 2021, 10:17:30 AM12/7/21
to Pick and MultiValue Databases
What browser are you using?  More then likely you are getting a message at the top of the browser to "Allow downloads".

Ed Clark

Dec 7, 2021, 11:14:00 AM12/7/21
to mvd...@googlegroups.com
Using the link https://www.openqm.com/downloads with Firefox on a Mac I got a warning that the file download was insecure—not using https. That could be your problem too.

Ed Clark

Dec 7, 2021, 11:17:31 AM12/7/21
to mvd...@googlegroups.com
When trying to download with chrome, it just silently failed. Safari asked if I wanted to allow download from the site, but then didn’t care about the insecure connection.

Jackson Ramos

Dec 7, 2021, 11:44:32 AM12/7/21
to mvd...@googlegroups.com
I'm using chrome.

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Pick and MultiValue Databases" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/mvdbms/73e8409c-16f6-44c6-813b-18448323465en%40googlegroups.com.

Steve Trimble

Dec 7, 2021, 11:58:58 AM12/7/21
to mvd...@googlegroups.com
Jackson:
with your browser, right click and 'Copy link address'
then at your OS command prompt:

and the download occurs (the above is a capital 'O' not a '0' zero)

Computerized Data Mgmt Inc
Steve Trimble
(501) 772-3450 cell / text