[Hendrix] Firefox is not working properly

1 view

Paul Leah

Feb 10, 2011, 1:13:43 AM2/10/11
Name: Paul Leah
Email: paul-leahathotmaildotcodotuk
Product: Firefox

Comments:
This it seems is the only way I can actually contact anyone about
firefox. Your online support is no support at all and my questions go
unanswered. In addition your live chat is never open. So as it is
therefore impossible to get any help for the problem I have, I am left
with no alternative but to un-install firefox and search for another
browser.

Thank you very much

Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-GB; rv:1.9.2.13) Gecko/20101203 Firefox/3.6.13 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729)
From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/

see it.

David McRitchie

Feb 10, 2011, 9:51:37 AM2/10/11
Paul Leah" wrote:
> This it seems is the only way I can actually contact anyone about
> firefox. Your online support is no support at all and my questions go
> unanswered. In addition your live chat is never open. So as it is
> therefore impossible to get any help for the problem I have, I am left
> with no alternative but to un-install firefox and search for another
> browser. // Paul Leah

> Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-GB; rv:1.9.2.13) Gecko/20101203 Firefox/3.6.13 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729)
> Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback

Hi Paul,
Actually this is not a place to get help, but I can see what you posted
through Hendrix.

The best place to get help in in the newsgroup mozilla.support.firefox
as a newsgroup, not as a list, and not as a forum. Of course you will have to
describe your problem to start with, or it will lead to a very long threaded
text conversation.

Hendrix is not for asking questions, and never was.

To get answers and solutions subscribe to a user newsgroup with your
newsreader, where other users such as yourself and myself can ask
questions and get answers from other users.
The newsgroup for Firefox is mozilla.support.firefox which
should be accessed from the server at news.mozilla.org via
or as a web forum (bit less efficient) using Google Groups at
http://groups.google.com/group/mozilla.support.firefox/topics
for more information read the entire page at
http://www.mozilla.org/about/forums/#support-firefox
if you need help subscribing to a newsreader see
http://ilias.ca/blog/2006/01/instructions-for-new-newsgroup-server/
Note: Outlook Express became Window Mail and is now Windows Live Mail.
Warning -- do not subscribe as email as your inbox would be inundated.
A newsreader works in the same manner as email but each newsgroup is
like a separate inbox and the normal view is to see questions and answers
organized in threads of a question and threaded replies.

If you paste the following into your browser you will probably open
the newsgroup. news://news.mozilla.org/mozilla.support.firefox

By using newsgroup above you would likely have gotten an answer within
a couple of hours instead of usually never getting an answer in Hendrix.
More important others would review the answers and others would benefit
as well. See you there for future Firefox questions.

When posting to a newsgroup about a problem please provide information
needed to identify and reproduce the problem: Name and url of the
extension or webpage. How, when, where, why, how much?
What does it do instead of work? What did you expect to happen?

Post to a newsgroup: (will use your email software but keeps each newsgroup separate)
or as a web forum (bit less efficient) using Google Groups at
http://groups.google.com/group/mozilla.support.firefox/topics

BTW, newsgroups are about users helping other users. So if you go there be prepared
to help others as well, if you know the answer, as well as asking questions.

When you ask a question make sure the entire question is in the text body;
otherwise, there is no question for a responder to work with.

--
HTH,