readBins with M, GC and N score for all chromosomes

julie dubois

May 21, 2013, 6:51:38 AM5/21/13
to mosaics_u...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
It's a trivial ask, but I want to run the command readBins on my chip sample with input and GC, mappability and N score.
I use the mm9 genome, I've downloaded your pre-processed files which are mm9_GC.txt for each chromosome separately and also mm9_map and mm9_N files.
For example : How can I process readBins(type=c("chip","M"),fileName=c("mySampleOnAllChromosomes","????")...) when I have 22 files for the type "M" ?

Must I process this command on each chromosome separatly ?! Or how can I make one file for all chromosomes in a good format for this command ?

Thanks.
Julie

Dongjun Chung

May 21, 2013, 10:01:32 AM5/21/13
to mosaics_u...@googlegroups.com
HI Julie,

Those files are for chromosome-wise analysis using ChIP filles obtain by byChr=TRUE in constructBins().

In your case, you need to feed genome-wide version M, GC, and N files for mm9 to readBins() and we can provide these files for you (we already have these files for many genomes but we just could not put them to the website yet) as well. Which bin size are you using? If you let me know, I can put the files you need in our public space.

Thanks,
Dongjun

julie dubois

May 21, 2013, 10:55:36 AM5/21/13
to mosaics_u...@googlegroups.com
Ok, Thanks a lot for your proposition! I'm using a bin size of 200 bp.

Thanks.
Julie

Dongjun Chung

May 23, 2013, 12:17:02 AM5/23/13
to mosaics_u...@googlegroups.com
Hi Julie,

I generated genome-wide version of mappability, GC content, & N files for mm9 of bin size 200 and put them to the following place:
Thanks,
Dongjun

julie dubois

May 29, 2013, 4:09:26 AM5/29/13
to mosaics_u...@googlegroups.com
Thanks!
It's perfect.

Julie

Aayushi Jain

Feb 12, 2016, 9:55:00 PM2/12/16
to MOSAiCS User Group
Hi Dongjun!

Can you please make these files available again?

Thanks
Aayushi
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to mosaics_user_group+unsub...@googlegroups.com.

Dongjun Chung

Feb 12, 2016, 11:46:35 PM2/12/16
to mosaics_u...@googlegroups.com
Hi Aayushi,

We actually constructed and maintained a FTP site dedicated to the storage of M, GC, and N files for various organisms. Please check the following link and let me know whether it works for you:
Best,
Dongjun

Aayushi Jain

Feb 13, 2016, 2:45:47 PM2/13/16
to mosaics_u...@googlegroups.com
Thanks again !
-Aayushi

Aayushi Jain
B.Tech, M.Tech (Biochemical Engg), IIT Delhi
Graduate Student, Lewis Lab
Integrated Program in Biochemistry
University of Wisconsin-Madison
Madison, 53706